Oran Kearney Must Go

faraway saint

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

You love throwing insults so yes we will leave it here enjoy living with your emoji's

Your opinion you are being realistic, my opinion negative , for some reason you believe your opinion is worth more, so sad

Calling you a fool is really insulting you? :lol:

Feck me, what a sheltered life you've lived. 

You call a difference of opinion sad? 

Dear oh dear...............back in your cotton wool world my friend. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Calling you a fool is really insulting you? :lol:

Feck me, what a sheltered life you've lived. 

You call a difference of opinion sad? 

Dear oh dear...............back in your cotton wool world my friend. :byebye

You have called me worse ye auld trumpet. :byebye

12 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

In my case I was responding to you and showing you the difference between opinions and us being entitled to them without being insulted for it but you stick with your version

Dear oh dear, you're having a nightmare.

Now "fool" is insulting but only when I use it but not when you do. :lol:

You have done well, deflecting away from your weak argument which I have dismantled.

Let's hope our current manager saves us from relegation, I couldn't handle the meltdown if he doesn't. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

You have done well, deflecting away from your weak argument which I have dismantled

You dismantled nothing in fact you never even replied to my justification for saying the defence is now stronger

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
51 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

love the irony of you using one game Aberdeen to do exactly what you accused me of doing :lol: (oh look I can use smilies too)

Me suiting my point of view, you really have the Irony stick out today don't you and yet you call me a fool!

Ok lets look at the team in the Motherwell game - Hldaky and Popescu recent recruits , Muzeks first proper game yet a team still getting to understand each other, half the new recruits trying to find their feet with our game and fitness .

If that is me trying to suit my point of view I point to the evidence of Jones who initially struggled to get up to speed and fitness of the Scottish game but eventually improved.

Your point of view is negative and refuses to consider the last 3 games or look at the players who are better than what we had and have allowed Flynn to show that he is a player after all. I would also say that Baird is flourishing with popescu beside him and made some great challenges on Saturday and has been gaining in confidence and consistency this year.

Think we'll leave this.

If being realistic is seen as negative then you are indeed a fool. :byebye

My pocket is getting full. :wink:

So it is you that is having a nightmare, you ran as soon as I justified my comments so taking a leaf from your book :byebye

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I have considerable experience, and in the real world, something you continue to prove you have not.

You only work with family, that gives you a real insight into managing people and situations :whistle and lets not start on your knowledge of football again. :lol:

Game set and match. :byebye

PS God knows what you edited, obviously not the spelling of "slightest". :hammer

You talk like someone who has read how to be a manager from a book.

You know the Dilbert Principle, whilst based on fact, is actually a work of fiction right? :D

4 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

You dismantled nothing in fact you never even replied to my justification for saying the defence is now stronger

So it is you that is having a nightmare, you ran as soon as I justified my comments so taking a leaf from your book :byebye

Your short sighted/narrow view, focusing on the last 3 games is quite normal for people struggling to justify their hope.

You dismiss the Motherwell game, you completely had amnesia on the Dundee United game yet still focus on 3 games.

I have already pointed out that Hamilton had a better result against Aberdeen, conceding no goals when we conceded two.

The Hearts point, when I focused on a good performance, was a point due to an own goal, another convenient fact that seems to get overlooked.

Your best was shouting how good our defence was against Livingston who, again I repeat, have scored 7 goals ALL season. 

Now, you have your unswerving view the current manager is the answer.

I, on the other hand, support St Mirren football club and this manager has had 24 games in which we have amassed 14 points.

If we survive, that will be enough for me.

If we don't then he's done nothing to convince me he's good enough for our club who will have a few years in the diddy league to enjoy. 

Run along, we're going in circles here.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Again, I'll refrain from the continual blame game against Stubbs but..............

A more solid defence? :lol:

I'm sorry, how exactly? 

PS Honest question, when were we 6 points off 11th? 

Why don't you just admit that you don't go to matches and base your opinions on BBC stats of the games?

Just now, oaksoft said:

Why don't you just admit that you don't go to matches and base your opinions on BBC stats of the games?

How many games have you been to this season? 

None, and you don't even watch football.

Oh, remember when you quoted the BBC stats as your version of a midweek game...................that was funny. :lol:

It's been spotted by many you really are a lost soul on a football forum, now, no more, my sides are aching. :byebye

2 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I really don't get where your low opinion of OK comes from, he inherited a team devoid of confidence, missing players who should have been brought in in the summer to take us from a championship squad to a Premier squad.

He arrived and instead of going in gung ho he assessed what we had and managed to bring in 3 players to steady the ship and let us limp along to January with little or no hope of winning anything but getting us there with a semblance of morale.

In January he along with the backroom team rebuilt the squad from the ground up and we are now seeing the fruits of that with a more solid defence, the best goalie we have had for a while and a midfield that Flynn has now started to shine in. But more than that he actually has options on the bench so that he can make changes during games to try and swing things our way.

Case in point he saw we were struggling on Saturday so he took off the Duck and brought on Jackson, this led to the goal.

We started off afew weeks ago 6 points off 11th and are now 1 with lots of points to play for so to write off a manager based on his games with the crud he inherited from Stubbs is IMHO unfair especially when you look at the squad assembled in the one window he has had.

Good post.

Anyone who has been a manager who has stepped into a failing department to turn it around will recognise the difficult job OK has had and those who actually attend matches (unlike FS who doesn't go) will recognise the subsequent improvement.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Your short sighted/narrow view

Run along now , oh dear, oh dear and you say I have a narrow view

You say you focus on the big picture of 24 games and 14 points but fail to see that 5 of those have come in the 3 latest games and yet you still maintain you have seen no improvement in the defence and team.

Lets look at the same picture differently

league Games before January when Ok and team could make little if any difference 18 points 9, 0.5 points per game

League games since January 6 points 5 almost 1 point per game and as I have already said it was a team lacking knowledge of each other, fitness, confidence and not used to Scottish football

I have neither black and white tinted glasses or a narrow point of view but I have seen an improvement, is it enough to keep us up only time will tell, is it enough to make me hopeful Yes it is

4 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Run along now , oh dear, oh dear and you say I have a narrow view

You say you focus on the big picture of 24 games and 14 points but fail to see that 5 of those have come in the 3 latest games and yet you still maintain you have seen no improvement in the defence and team.

Lets look at the same picture differently

league Games before January when Ok and team could make little if any difference 18 points 9, 0.5 points per game

League games since January 6 points 5 almost 1 point per game and as I have already said it was a team lacking knowledge of each other, fitness, confidence and not used to Scottish football

I have neither black and white tinted glasses or a narrow point of view but I have seen an improvement, is it enough to keep us up only time will tell, is it enough to make me hopeful Yes it is

You're beat when Oaky agrees with you, enough said. :wink:

Did we lose to Dundee United in the Scottish Cup or did I imagine it? 

Edited by faraway saint

Nice answer to my point there, pointless though

Unfortunately we did indeed lose to Utd in the cup and the following is not a justification however we are a team at the bottom of the Prem playing second in the championship so morale boost for them and it was a tight game which could have gone either way.

And of course lower league teams never beat prem teams .

We will see if you are correct come the end of the season or I am right to have hope.

Question if I am right will you still want OK removed?

If you are right for me it will depend on the nature of how we go down if its the surrender that we have done in some games pre January then yes he should go but if its nip and tuck all the way to the end then I would say give him a chance.

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Nice answer to my point there, pointless though

Unfortunately we did indeed lose to Utd in the cup and the following is not a justification however we are a team at the bottom of the Prem playing second in the championship so morale boost for them and it was a tight game which could have gone either way.

And of course lower league teams never beat prem teams .

We will see if you are correct come the end of the season or I am right to have hope.

Question if I am right will you still want OK removed?

If you are right for me it will depend on the nature of how we go down if its the surrender that we have done in some games pre January then yes he should go but if its nip and tuck all the way to the end then I would say give him a chance.

It's very hard to be clear, as our previous umpteen posts have proved, what "surrender" or "nip and tuck" really means.

While I'm generally in favour of facts I do appreciate there is a degree of subjectivity in how games have went. 

If we go down I would not have much faith he is the man to turn us around.

I doubt, as we've shelled out enough cash in the previous embarrassment of dealing with Stubbs, we'll be in a position to get rid anyway. 

We're stuck with him, and if he keeps us up I will gladly give him the praise he deserves, however.....................:wink:

4 hours ago, shull said:
5 hours ago, jaybee said:

The Walter Mitty's on here are those who have a variety of alias's or perhaps given the ferocity with which they utilise them, nom de guerre is a better fit, they post some negative contentious or even vaguely slanderous crap about (anyone really, they don't give a damn) and then in their 'other guise' they 'like' it and quite often they respond to their other selves exclusively...........................SAD.  By the way most people know who the real Walters Mitty's are.  :P

Show evidence of what you have posted. 

Do I need to, you have already bitten!  :P