What does your car say about you?

St.Ricky

A number of people have been posting in a thread about their first car.  But.. What about the car that you drive now.? What does it say about you?  What kind of car will you get next?  Will you change to public transport or use a bike? 

My first car was a split window Morris Minor. My present car is German Made.  It says....older guy. Safe choice. Brand áware. Comfortable.

My next car?

Don't know if I will bother. Live near the centre of town, close to bus and rail links. Taxis don't cost much locally.  Can always hire a car if I wanted one. If I do get another one it will be a hybrid or electric.

Edited by St.Ricky

Mine says I am vain and like to go fast and someone else is paying for me to have it . . . :magic

Hybrid is probably not the future  - Electric seems to be at the point where uptake will increase significantly for the foreseeable future. . .   :spud4

Electric cars have no exhaust pipes to be maintained and no engine, only a motor, some drives mechanicals and some batteries.

Here is a bonus for you on the future  - Gas central heating will be a thing of the past in a few decades - electric is the future in homes too... solar panels, wind generation and the diminishing gas reserves and price increases will drive this.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Mine says I am vain and like to go fast and someone else is paying for me to have it . . . :magic

Hybrid is probably not the future  - Electric seems to be at the point where uptake will increase significantly for the foreseeable future. . .   :spud4

Electric cars have no exhaust pipes to be maintained and no engine, only a motor, some drives mechanicals and some batteries.

Here is a bonus for you on the future  - Gas central heating will be a thing of the past in a few decades - electric is the future in homes too... solar panels, wind generation and the diminishing gas reserves and price increases will drive this.

Nonsense, you can’t win the league with a bunch of kids.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

A number of people have been posting in a thread about their first car.  But.. What about the car that you drive now.? What does it say about you?  What kind of car will you get next?  Will you change to public transport or use a bike? 

My first car was a split window Morris Minor. My present car is German Made. My next car?

Don't know if I will bother. Live near the centre of town, close to bus and rail links. Taxis don't cost much locally.  Can always hire a car if I wanted one. If I do get another one it will be a hybrid.

How will you get to Greenhill Rd on a cold wet windy Wednesday night without a car :huh: 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

How will you get to Greenhill Rd on a cold wet windy Wednesday night without a car :huh: 

Indeed! How could I contemplate missing that!ell..

I got there on Wednesday as my son picked me up and drove me there! 

Friend of mine in Edinburgh has an apartment by the water down Leith direction. She doesn't bother with a car but has an account with a car hire firm which she uses as the need arises. 

What does my car say about me ? It says I value my independence and personal space , it says I hate sharing buses with smelly f**kers and Ned scum . It also says I wouldn’t be seen dead cycling anywhere I could take my car , Scottish weather and cycling don’t mix [emoji300]️[emoji939] .

Over the years ( many ) have wasted so much money to the wind on cars. I look back now what an ideot. Don't get me wrong I like a good drive, the thrill. Bought a second hand  7 year old Porsche the best car I have ever owned a thrill a minute. Not to show off but for the thrill . Not going to say what I drive now. Only say I have had my current car for 5 years will look after it for another 5 years . One day I hope to have another Porsche simply because it was a thrilling drive that put a huge smile on the face. There is a huge difference on island to the mainland everyone on a island is none judge-  mental. Only when you live somewhere like here will you understand that. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What does my car say about me ? It says I value my independence and personal space , it says I hate sharing buses with smelly f**kers and Ned scum . It also says I wouldn’t be seen dead cycling anywhere I could take my car , Scottish weather and cycling don’t mix emoji300.pngemoji939.png .

"There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes ."

— Billy Connolly

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I wish they'd use some form of technology to catch the cyclists that are continually jumping red lights. It does seem to be the majority this now as the poor wee souls are cold and can't hang around at junctions.

I wish they would get some sort of technology to catch all those pesky motorists who don't indicate , they seem to be a majority  , now that would be a wee money spinner . .

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

My car says, I am a Flash, good looking confident man about town , with an excellent commercial sense , sales ability, cutting edge in fashion and a huge sex drive

1973_reliant_robin-pic-6045352465470603578-1600x1200.jpeg

Some of that looks photoshopped , l think you might be at it and that is NOT your actual , regular daily use vehicle. .

6 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I wish they would get some sort of technology to catch all those pesky motorists who don't indicate , they seem to be a majority  , now that would be a wee money spinner . .

I'm with you on this.  Stirling is terrible for people not indicating. 

Meanwhile my Rolls is in danger of being scraped by one of these thoughtless drivers. 

(believe that you would believe anything but my neighbour has a Bentley and a Mclaren)

Meanwhile - My first Car

Image result for split windscreen morris minor

Edited by St.Ricky

What does my car say about me ? It says I value my independence and personal space , it says I hate sharing buses with smelly f**kers and Ned scum . It also says I wouldn’t be seen dead cycling anywhere I could take my car , Scottish weather and cycling don’t mix [emoji300]️[emoji939] .
I'm assuming that is in the UK as you may remember we met once on a bus in Paphos and I am neither of those! Back on topic, like the idea of electric car but still not happy that a return trip to Paisley could take 2 days at current ranges. Would love more development of hydrogen fuel cells instead.

20 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Manchester street 'tank' sparks war of words between neighbours

Armoured personnel carrier in DidsburyImage copyrightCOUNCILLOR DAVID ELLISON Image captionThe armoured personnel carrier is taxed, licensed and insured, its owner insists

The owner of an armoured personnel carrier has drawn heavy fire from a councillor who says residents are angry about having it parked in their road.

The former British Army vehicle - locally known as "the tank" - has been a well-known feature of the Didsbury area of Manchester for 20 years.

Councillor David Ellison said he wanted it to be removed following complaints.

Others have a more relaxed attitude, though, saying the large green vehicle is a "fun feature" of the area.

The military vehicle's owner, who did not want to be named, told the BBC he had a licence for it and that it was taxed and insured.

'Danger to pedestrians'

Mr Ellison, who represents Didsbury West on Manchester City Council, said: "A number of people have been to me with their concerns over the tank that has been parked for many months now at the corner of Old Lansdowne Road and Lapwing Lane.

"It may sound funny but it is partly parked on the pavement and it is very difficult to walk past it so people are walking into the road.

"Because it is on a corner it would be very easy for someone to run into the back of the vehicle in the dark."

But the majority of the 500-plus people posting on the Labour politician's Facebook page seem happy for it to remain.

"Leave the tank alone," wrote one. "The kids [love] seeing it and it's a fun feature for the area."

Greater Manchester Police say parking vehicles on the pavement is a "danger to pedestrians", can be an obstruction of the highway, and can lead to damage.

The Highway Code also cautions that parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs, those with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Cyclists don’t tend to exist in Bodmin. They completely redone the road layouts (and made it worse) with the mindset of turning Bodmin into a “Cycle Town”.

To put it simply, the guy who owned the bike shop relocated to St Austell. So, the scheme was a great success, I mean failure. On the plus side, there was a teenager casually skateboarding in the middle of one of the main roads through Bodmin with lots of traffic about. 

You do find cyclists on the stupid curvy back roads though, outside of town. And tractors.

8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I wish they'd use some form of technology to catch the cyclists that are continually jumping red lights. It does seem to be the majority this now as the poor wee souls are cold and can't hang around at junctions.

Anyways back on topic, I've no idea what my car says about me, I didn't even know you could get talking cars.  OH come on you must know about (See below)

Oops forgot who the op was, so Mr Mitty thinks his car talks to him. It must be worth a fortune, a talking car. emoji23.png

What about K I T T   

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Manchester street 'tank' sparks war of words between neighbours

Armoured personnel carrier in DidsburyImage copyrightCOUNCILLOR DAVID ELLISON Image captionThe armoured personnel carrier is taxed, licensed and insured, its owner insists

The owner of an armoured personnel carrier has drawn heavy fire from a councillor who says residents are angry about having it parked in their road.

The former British Army vehicle - locally known as "the tank" - has been a well-known feature of the Didsbury area of Manchester for 20 years.

Councillor David Ellison said he wanted it to be removed following complaints.

Others have a more relaxed attitude, though, saying the large green vehicle is a "fun feature" of the area.

The military vehicle's owner, who did not want to be named, told the BBC he had a licence for it and that it was taxed and insured.

'Danger to pedestrians'

Mr Ellison, who represents Didsbury West on Manchester City Council, said: "A number of people have been to me with their concerns over the tank that has been parked for many months now at the corner of Old Lansdowne Road and Lapwing Lane.

"It may sound funny but it is partly parked on the pavement and it is very difficult to walk past it so people are walking into the road.

"Because it is on a corner it would be very easy for someone to run into the back of the vehicle in the dark."

But the majority of the 500-plus people posting on the Labour politician's Facebook page seem happy for it to remain.

"Leave the tank alone," wrote one. "The kids [love] seeing it and it's a fun feature for the area."

Greater Manchester Police say parking vehicles on the pavement is a "danger to pedestrians", can be an obstruction of the highway, and can lead to damage.

The Highway Code also cautions that parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs, those with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Let's be honest , that would be the ideal vehicle for certain away matches , you could cover it in Saints badges and no one could tan it. .

Guest TPAFKATS
Cyclists don’t tend to exist in Bodmin. They completely redone the road layouts (and made it worse) with the mindset of turning Bodmin into a “Cycle Town”.
To put it simply, the guy who owned the bike shop relocated to St Austell. So, the scheme was a great success, I mean failure. On the plus side, there was a teenager casually skateboarding in the middle of one of the main roads through Bodmin with lots of traffic about. 
You do find cyclists on the stupid curvy back roads though, outside of town. And tractors.
Oh stop complaining, you're still regarded as an Emmet in Kernow.