What does your car say about you?

St.Ricky

11 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I wish they'd use some form of technology to catch the cyclists that are continually jumping red lights. It does seem to be the majority this now as the poor wee souls are cold and can't hang around at junctions.

Anyways back on topic, I've no idea what my car says about me, I didn't even know you could get talking cars. Oops forgot who the op was, so Mr Mitty thinks his car talks to him. It must be worth a fortune, a talking car. emoji23.png

I'm pretty sure you undetstand the concept. Everyone else does.

My car says that I am a mature and measured individual who enjoys some of the good things in life in an understated way.

It says that I am upmarket but not flash. Automatic naturally. Self parking..obviously. A few boys toys in the tech department. Nice soft leather interior with heated seats. Excellent after games like Wednesday night's. 

It says that I have self confidence built through personal achievements in life and have no need to impress others. 

Your post appears to show bitterness. That's a shame.

I'm sure your quite a decent guy.

I'm assuming that is in the UK as you may remember we met once on a bus in Paphos and I am neither of those! Back on topic, like the idea of electric car but still not happy that a return trip to Paisley could take 2 days at current ranges. Would love more development of hydrogen fuel cells instead.

Is the Paphos thing true ? I have been on buses in Paphos so could be true, apologies if I slighted you [emoji23]
Did we meet ? Was I drunk ?

Is the Paphos thing true ? I have been on buses in Paphos so could be true, apologies if I slighted you [emoji23]
Did we meet ? Was I drunk ?
Yes, it is true, your wife spotted my saints cap and we had a brief chat including about thd forum after which on returning home I set up my account on here, so not sure if I should thank you or not [emoji3] Not slighted in the least my friend and for the record you were sober (at least at that point in time)

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Cyclists don’t tend to exist in Bodmin. They completely redone the road layouts (and made it worse) with the mindset of turning Bodmin into a “Cycle Town”.
To put it simply, the guy who owned the bike shop relocated to St Austell. So, the scheme was a great success, I mean failure. On the plus side, there was a teenager casually skateboarding in the middle of one of the main roads through Bodmin with lots of traffic about. 
You do find cyclists on the stupid curvy back roads though, outside of town. And tractors.

Oh stop complaining, you're still regarded as an Emmet in Kernow.

In fairness about 95% of us are Emmets

Yes, it is true, your wife spotted my saints cap and we had a brief chat including about thd forum after which on returning home I set up my account on here, so not sure if I should thank you or not [emoji3] Not slighted in the least my friend and for the record you were sober (at least at that point in time)

Good Stuff Bud. It’s a strange ole world, my wife has just said that sounds just like the sort of thing we would do !
Next time your up for a game. Pm me and I might just buy you a beer [emoji106][emoji481]

I have a 17 year old Citroen Saxo VTR.

A 1600 engine in a car the size of a geeg.

Jeremy Clarkson said it was his favourite of all the early noughties hot hatches and, although he's a prick, he knows about motoring.

My mate had one of them, it was a pocket rocket. I had a Golf GTi back in the day but I loved the Saxo, Renault Clio 16V, Peugeot 205 GTI etc.

Hot hatches are brilliant fun, my current car has just under four times the hp my Golf had but is no where near as much fun.

15 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I wish they'd use some form of technology to catch the cyclists that are continually jumping red lights. It does seem to be the majority this now as the poor wee souls are cold and can't hang around at junctions.

Anyways back on topic, I've no idea what my car says about me, I didn't even know you could get talking cars. Oops forgot who the op was, so Mr Mitty thinks his car talks to him. It must be worth a fortune, a talking car. emoji23.png

In the main. It’s to get safely away before the buses, taxis, vans and dickheads in cars start their charge

the biggest hazard for cyclists in town is the pedestrian who feels that the red man only counts for motor vehicles 

i have an electric bike and it will easily do 20 mph very quickly but stoopit pedestrians still feel they have right of way over me

you should see the faces when you close them down at the lights on Renfrew st and hope  st 

as for what your car says about you

it agrees with me and says you are a dick

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm pretty sure you undetstand the concept. Everyone else does.

My car says that I am a mature and measured individual who enjoys some of the good things in life in an understated way.

It says that I am upmarket but not flash. Automatic naturally. Self parking..obviously. A few boys toys in the tech department. Nice soft leather interior with heated seats. Excellent after games like Wednesday night's. 

It says that I have self confidence built through personal achievements in life and have no need to impress others. 

Your post appears to show bitterness. That's a shame.

I'm sure your quite a decent guy.

You set this entire thread up as a way of talking about yourself. :lol:

I have to say that what you describe sounds safe and dull to me.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You set this entire thread up as a way of talking about yourself. :lol:

I have to say that what you describe sounds safe and dull to me.

I would agree with your last sentence. 

I've had my Porsche 911.  I've had my BMW M3. 

I had a great time travelling to Paris for the World Cup opening game against Brazil in my Alfa Romeo Spider Convertible. 

Silver with red leather seats.  Travelled via Hamburg then down into the Dutch Alps. 

Time for an old man's car.  Sober,  uninspiring and easy to drive. That's me and that's what I've got. 

Edited by St.Ricky

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

In the main. It’s to get safely away before the buses, taxis, vans and dickheads in cars start their charge

the biggest hazard for cyclists in town is the pedestrian who feels that the red man only counts for motor vehicles 

i have an electric bike and it will easily do 20 mph very quickly but stoopit pedestrians still feel they have right of way over me

you should see the faces when you close them down at the lights on Renfrew st and hope  st 

as for what your car says about you

it agrees with me and says you are a dick

I like the electric bike idea for city use. 

13 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Jeremy Clarkson said it was his favourite of all the early noughties hot hatches and, although he's a prick, he knows about motoring.

Looked at reviews on line and it was a best seller in its day. 

Quick,  nimble and well priced. 

14 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Following on from the tank, there was a guy who used to park a hovercraft in Erskine in the early 80s.

It was about as big as a good sized van, and he just parked it alongside the cars in a normal bay.

I'd love to think he was commuting up the Clyde in it, but I don't know.

Is this the one DS? 

https://secretscotland.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/hovercraft-on-the-clyde/

15 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

My brother had one of these for 48 hours in a week where he owned 3 different cars. He sold his safe we car he had had for his first year of driving. He then bought the Citroen, hit 2 trees and wrote it off, on his second day with it, and by the end of the week he had a wee safe car again - insurance costs rises for a while after that too.

HE was lucky to walk out of it alive - but it was his inexperience rather that an issue with the car - it was faster than he could handle! :spud6

On 2/9/2019 at 1:39 PM, Sweeper07 said:

My brother had one of these for 48 hours in a week where he owned 3 different cars. He sold his safe we car he had had for his first year of driving. He then bought the Citroen, hit 2 trees and wrote it off, on his second day with it, and by the end of the week he had a wee safe car again - insurance costs rises for a while after that too.

HE was lucky to walk out of it alive - but it was his inexperience rather that an issue with the car - it was faster than he could handle! :spud6

At the risk of more aprobrium  A friend of mine bought his dream car,  a new Aston Martin but turned down the opportunity to try it out and get a lesson on how best to drive it.  First day out he went to Loch Lomondside. Wet day.  Sharper corner than he anticipated. Result..One damaged Aston Martin. 

Edited by St.Ricky