Magic has gone..

I've supported saints for 40 years going to my first game at 5 years old and drawing 3-3 with Partick Thistle that day. I have no ever wanted or felt like supporting any other club. I have a Saints tattoo and had followed them everywhere my whole life. Been great moments and difficult moments but the whole journey has been big part of my life. This season i bought my season ticket but have really struggled to motivate myself to go missing loads of games home and away not even looking for the score till after full-time. I'm totally disillusioned with the club, how its run and Scottish football in general. Anybody else feel like this? honestly cannot see me renewing my ticket next season or going back anytime soon. For a club bought by fans its sure is run in a strange manner...

20 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I've supported saints for 40 years going to my first game at 5 years old and drawing 3-3 with Partick Thistle that day. I have no ever wanted or felt like supporting any other club. I have a Saints tattoo and had followed them everywhere my whole life. Been great moments and difficult moments but the whole journey has been big part of my life. This season i bought my season ticket but have really struggled to motivate myself to go missing loads of games home and away not even looking for the score till after full-time. I'm totally disillusioned with the club, how its run and Scottish football in general. Anybody else feel like this? honestly cannot see me renewing my ticket next season or going back anytime soon. For a club bought by fans its sure is run in a strange manner...

I'll always go and always will as long as I'm able but appreciate where you are coming from 

I do think Scottish football is in a dreadful state due to the power and adoration of the old firm. I wish they would go to England but that ain't going to happen. I know our league would be less well off financially but it would still be more enjoyable than what we have. 

Grow up. Support your team through thick and thin.

We’ve had worse spells that this. Being pumped 5-1 at home to Airdrie when Fitzy was sacked the second time, almost being relegated down to the third tier twice.

yes, it’s shite just now. But now is when your support is needed.

I find these threads hilarious. Its like some on here started following Saints last year.....................

We go down, at some point we will come back- its what we do - with a bit of Cup Magic thrown in

If we go down- in my 42 years supporting thats level- 4 ups 4 downs and a lot of happy and horrid memories.

Simply put- If you cant handle it away and support the Ugly Sisters and all the pish that goes with that

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

I watched Dundee United and Ayr United before moving to the Paisley area in 1973 and have watched Saints ever since,  home and away.  There have been some great moments along the way,  some great football and a number of very good players have worn the black and white stripes.  True,  there have been tough times which tested my resolve but I have stuck by the team through thick and thin.  I don't envy our Big Two who have carved up the major honours between them. Their fans expect to win. We hope to win.  I prefer our deal. It's true that our return to the top flight had the gloss rubbed off it by the machinations of our then manager in looking for a gig in England. I don't blame him but it set us back and led to us being on our third manager in the one season in a time when the transition was always going to be difficult.  So.. Is this time to jump ship?  I think not but it's clearly a decision for you alone. Me.. I'll be there,  not as a happy or deluded clapper but as a clapped out old guy who enjoys us competing at the highest level our budget and talent allow.  That is where we are and statistically might remain.  COYS

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

This is nowhere near the worst time in the years you have been supporting. I'd suggest it's more a mid life crisis than anything Saints related !!!!!!

FFS Just go back 2 seasons

P 14 W 0 D 0 L 10......................

Bang on certs to be playing 3RD Tier football for the first time

Imagine how other teams feel

Morton - feck all . Even when they got promoted to Championship they were runners up, one semi final in 30 years

Pars- Didnt even get promoted when they last where in 3rd tier. Still in relegation battle this season, one final in god knows how long

Falkirk- Last time in semi blew 3-0 lead, have gone from challengers to relegation fodder

Dundee Utd - Car crash since Jackie Mc left them, gone from 3rd place in Prem to 3 rd year in Championship still unlikely to get automatic  

Thistle- After a top 6, last 2 seasons have been a nightmare, in a scrap to stay up

Finally Saints- Promoted as runaway champs- still in Prem last time I looked 3 points off 11th,  Cup Final Diddy Cup, League Cup winners and solvent .............

Christ I have cheered myself up:lol:

When I was a young lad I heard older men telling me I used to follow St Mirren,  I would ask why don't you go any more ? Answer would be they never put money back into the team.

Here I am heading for 60 been going to see Saints since 6 years of age with my dad. There are painful lows magical highs and everything in-between supporting St Mirren. Wednesday was very painful a realisation we will be relegated came over me. It won't stop me supporting St Mirren I feel part of the club a big part of who I am a love that will never die. 

It's not for everyone hope you find what you are looking for.

You've hit the nail on the head in the last sentence, "fan" ownership may not exist yet but the ownership model we have is not working primarily because of the actions of those in charge.  I think out chief exec has displayed naivety, i accept Jack Ross was an excellent manager for us and would say that someone should have been reining in his habit of padding out the squad with players who were either unused or rarely used in a first team game.  We won promotion and on the back of that we should have had a lessons learned session that identified the good things that were done and highlighted the things that stopped last season being even better.  In turn, this could have left us with a healthier squad position at the end of last season and avoided the lack of quality that left us in a position that we could never recover from.

It is the saints way, great success is almost always folowed by painful failure, it's not a curse but just the total absence of someone in control quwstioning success in the right way so that we can build on it.

8 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

I think we can only put this season down to jack Ross being a c**t

Self interested yes.  But.. He was entitled to be.  Just picked the worst possible time to leave and then took too long to do so.  But, all part of life's rich tapestry. 

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When I was a young lad I heard older men telling me I used to follow St Mirren,  I would ask why don't you go any more ? Answer would be they never put money back into the team.

Here I am heading for 60 been going to see Saints since 6 years of age with my dad. There are painful lows magical highs and everything in-between supporting St Mirren. Wednesday was very painful a realisation we will be relegated came over me. It won't stop me supporting St Mirren I feel part of the club a big part of who I am a love that will never die. 

It's not for everyone hope you find what you are looking for.

Wow, I had you down as far far older :wink:

This is the joy of supporting such a fantastic club from winning the scottish cup as under dogs in 87 to the religation drop game in the mid 90s against stirling albion to a disappointing cup final loss to a 9 man rangers and then beating hearts to win the cup a few years later then the recent ups and downs  we will come good again. thats what being a st mirren fan is all about. its brilliant what a great club. COYS

1 minute ago, Paisley brazilians said:

This is the joy of supporting such a fantastic club from winning the scottish cup as under dogs in 87 to the religation drop game in the mid 90s against stirling albion to a disappointing cup final loss to a 9 man rangers and then beating hearts to win the cup a few years later then the recent ups and downs  we will come good again. thats what being a st mirren fan is all about. its brilliant what a great club. COYS

Finally ---Tony Fitz forum handle is revealed  :cheers