Magic has gone..

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When I was a young lad I heard older men telling me I used to follow St Mirren,  I would ask why don't you go any more ? Answer would be they never put money back into the team.

Here I am heading for 60 been going to see Saints since 6 years of age with my dad. There are painful lows magical highs and everything in-between supporting St Mirren. Wednesday was very painful a realisation we will be relegated came over me. It won't stop me supporting St Mirren I feel part of the club a big part of who I am a love that will never die. 

It's not for everyone hope you find what you are looking for.

In which direction, IOBS ?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh my giddy aunt...

read the thread title and ran oot to check the kennel to see if one of my collie dugs had been dog-knapped, and this thread was some kind of sick, lurid blackmail precursor. 

Thankfully Magic is OK.... thats her front right. Mind you none of them look too happy about it all.

IMG_1705.JPG

Stop getting them to proof read your posts, that will cheer them up

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh my giddy aunt...

read the thread title and ran oot to check the kennel to see if one of my collie dugs had been dog-knapped, and this thread was some kind of sick, lurid blackmail precursor. 

Thankfully Magic is OK.... thats her front right. Mind you none of them look too happy about it all.

IMG_1705.JPG

Lovely dogs, man. Shame you're such a mentalist :P

I've supported saints for 40 years going to my first game at 5 years old and drawing 3-3 with Partick Thistle that day. I have no ever wanted or felt like supporting any other club. I have a Saints tattoo and had followed them everywhere my whole life. Been great moments and difficult moments but the whole journey has been big part of my life. This season i bought my season ticket but have really struggled to motivate myself to go missing loads of games home and away not even looking for the score till after full-time. I'm totally disillusioned with the club, how its run and Scottish football in general. Anybody else feel like this? honestly cannot see me renewing my ticket next season or going back anytime soon. For a club bought by fans its sure is run in a strange manner...

Everything you said is how Im feeling. SPFL are only interested in the bigot brothers. Refs. The idiots who run Scottish football. Plastic pitches. Pro game with amateur facilities and run by incompetent FOOLS. So I'm very disappointed in Scottish football now.

Everything you said is how Im feeling. SPFL are only interested in the bigot brothers. Refs. The idiots who run Scottish football. Plastic pitches. Pro game with amateur facilities and run by incompetent FOOLS. So I'm very disappointed in Scottish football now. 

Only part I disagree with is the amateur facilities. Scottish football is run for the good of the bigot brothers, but then it always has been. Our top league is too small, because Sky/Sevco/SFA etc need 4 games every season against their green business partners. This transfer window sums up everything that is wrong with the game. Panic loan signings by all three clubs facing relegation. As I keep banging on about, the top league should have 18-20 clubs, so that clubs are encouraged to bring in their own young up and coming talent. The price for relegation is too high at present

6 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

I've supported saints for 40 years going to my first game at 5 years old and drawing 3-3 with Partick Thistle that day. I have no ever wanted or felt like supporting any other club. I have a Saints tattoo and had followed them everywhere my whole life. Been great moments and difficult moments but the whole journey has been big part of my life. This season i bought my season ticket but have really struggled to motivate myself to go missing loads of games home and away not even looking for the score till after full-time. I'm totally disillusioned with the club, how its run and Scottish football in general. Anybody else feel like this? honestly cannot see me renewing my ticket next season or going back anytime soon. For a club bought by fans its sure is run in a strange manner...

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

This is nowhere near the worst time in the years you have been supporting. I'd suggest it's more a mid life crisis than anything Saints related !!!!!!

That was my thought! Not being funny "gstretchuk" but if you are lacking motivation maybe you should look at things away from Saints and football? It's our first season back in the Premier League for a while, as badly as its going its not exactly the time to be losing all interest and motivation.

Club is run ok, could be better.

Scottish football is actually in very good health. Its the highest supported league in all of Europe per head of population, and Celtic & Sevco are at least beatable and being challenged. I'd also rather they f**ked off to England mind you.

Only part I disagree with is the amateur facilities. Scottish football is run for the good of the bigot brothers, but then it always has been. Our top league is too small, because Sky/Sevco/SFA etc need 4 games every season against their green business partners. This transfer window sums up everything that is wrong with the game. Panic loan signings by all three clubs facing relegation. As I keep banging on about, the top league should have 18-20 clubs, so that clubs are encouraged to bring in their own young up and coming talent. The price for relegation is too high at present

Was talking amateur facilities as in plastic pitches in the top league. Scotland used to have a good reputation in World football. Now were a laughing stock. Plastic pitches are a cancer in the game. People who run the SPFL/SFA are amateur at best. Sky only interested in the league to get 4 bigot games a season when there should be only 2. So our league can't expand cos it's stunted by sky. They dictate how many teams are the SPL. Money corrupts.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The one advantage of getting older is that my age is getting closer to my golf score. Still a bit to go tho!

Cheeky young whippersnapper! 

Do you really think you'll last another forty years? Promise me, if you do, it will include a thirty nine and three quarter YEAR sabbatical from the forum. It'll help that golf handicap,...….. HONEST! 

Edited by stlucifer
To remove ambiguity

Was talking amateur facilities as in plastic pitches in the top league. Scotland used to have a good reputation in World football. Now were a laughing stock. Plastic pitches are a cancer in the game. People who run the SPFL/SFA are amateur at best. Sky only interested in the league to get 4 bigot games a season when there should be only 2. So our league can't expand cos it's stunted by sky. They dictate how many teams are the SPL. Money corrupts.  

The top flight was reduced to 10/12 teams many years before Sky came along.

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Do you really think you'll last another forty years? Promise me, if you do, it will include a thirty nine and three quarter YEAR sabbatical from the forum. It'll help that golf handicap,...….. HONEST! 

You first Lucy. 

PS. My golf is not that bad. 

My first and only official handicap was 13.

Couldn't be bothered with the palaver around medals. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You first Lucy. 

PS. My golf is not that bad. 

My first and only official handicap was 13.

Couldn't be bothered with the palaver around medals. 

Firstly. You're not very good at this, are you Pricky

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

My dad continually apologised for "not being a very good golfer" but he kept winning golf balls from myself and friends! I should have investigated his handicap.

Secondly. I'm sure we all know your dad's handicap. It shows up here on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Firstly. You're not very good at this, are you Pricky

Secondly. I'm sure we all know your dad's handicap. It shows up here on a regular basis.

I think the only one shown up in this exchange is yourself good sir. 

I find no need to belittle you.... You are capable of doing that unaided. 

9 minutes ago, gilberto said:

Taking a wee day off from Saints tomorrow. Wednesday was awful. Will regroup and re-engage next week

No complaint from me Gilberto. 

Time to tough things out for Saints Fans 

The more of us there tomorrow, making a noise and supporting the team the better though. 

I was a little bit morose on Wednesday and pretty pessimistic about playing the Arabs but it's Friday now. Tickets for match and Train secured. 12 O'clock meet in the pub tomorrow and we're on our way.

Just when you least expect it, Saints will turn up and we'll be on our way to the next round of the cup.

I'll keep taking the tablets.

Edited by East Lothian Saint