Aberdeen v St Mirren 16th Feb

faraway saint

Getting picked up around 11:30 tomorrow, whisked up to Aberdeen, few drinks, bite to eat and settle down to watch the game.
We'll do the usual predict the score game, if anyone goes for anything less that 3 goals for Aberdeen I'll buy him a drink. :rolleyes:

A pint of lager please

Aberdeen 2-1 Saints

Cheers

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Getting picked up around 11:30 tomorrow, whisked up to Aberdeen, few drinks, bite to eat and settle down to watch the game.

We'll do the usual predict the score game, if anyone goes for anything less that 3 goals for Aberdeen I'll buy him a drink. :rolleyes:

1-0 to Saints :byebye

During the 1980's quite a few jaked buddies didnae really give a damn when drubbings were handed out at Pittodrie on some occasions. 

Happy travelling there. 

And normally happily sleeping all the way home. 

Score was irrelevant. 

During the 1980's quite a few jaked buddies didnae really give a damn when drubbings were handed out at Pittodrie on some occasions. 
Happy travelling there. 
And normally happily sleeping all the way home. 
Score was irrelevant. 

I was only a wee guy when my Dad used to take us to every away game on the Rosebud bus in the west end.

Was always a sing song on the way & quieter on the way back [emoji2] probably due to the swally not the score as you say.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I was only a wee guy when my Dad used to take us to every away game on the Rosebud bus in the west end.

Was always a sing song on the way & quieter on the way back emoji2.png probably due to the swally not the score as you say.

Usually the sing song between Stonehaven and Pittodrie was the best of all. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All this nostalgia is gieing me the boak. :green

My lifts just arrived, on the way via the coast road.

Cracking day for football. 

Mind and start the singsong from Stonehaven onwards. 

Dinnae post the video.  :byebye

2 hours ago, shull said:

Last time I was there, I was in the Main Stand thanks to complimentary tickets from Peter Weir. 

We won 1-0. Early 1980's. 

I was a pal of Big Eck at school , and we kept in touch during his playing days. I'm assuming you mean the John McEachran game ? Anyway , a couple of weeks later Aberdeen were at Ibrox and I met up with Alec on the Saturday night. The first thing he said to me , and he was serious , "Why the f**k were your lot playing out their skins a couple of weeks ago , and trying to hand the title to Celtic"?

Even then , people in the game were into Old Scum conspiracy theories in Scottish football.

I'm going for narrow defeats this and next week , if Dundee and Accies pick up any points during that time , then it's all over bar the shouting !

42 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was a pal of Big Eck at school , and we kept in touch during his playing days. I'm assuming you mean the John McEachran game ? Anyway , a couple of weeks later Aberdeen were at Ibrox and I met up with Alec on the Saturday night. The first thing he said to me , and he was serious , "Why the f**k were your lot playing out their skins a couple of weeks ago , and trying to hand the title to Celtic"?

Even then , people in the game were into Old Scum conspiracy theories in Scottish football.

I'm going for narrow defeats this and next week , if Dundee and Accies pick up any points during that time , then it's all over bar the shouting !

His uncle George was one of the sparks in the tyre factory 

great guy who knew how to make a night shift whizz by with his patter