St Mirren v the West Lothian criminals

Hendo

15 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We have to win on Saturday.. If Dundee lose against Hearts then they play Celtic. Assuming Celtic beat them then we can jump Dundee with a win at home to Kilmarnock, not an easy task but also not impossible.

We certainly need wins along the way. No argument there. Hamilton have had a couple recently. Things will remain tight IMO. Two wins would be very welcome but, in themselves, are unlikely to settle the issues around relegation. Time to hang tough. COYS 

We need to start winning games. Simple as that. Two draws on the trot was fine if we're within touching distance, but we're not, we need a two game swing in our favour to get into a playoff place, and we have showed that we're not capable of doing that.

Livingstone have been very hit or miss but have been physical, generally been organised, and had a clear game plan that the players have attempted to carry out. We actually need our team to do that this weekend.

3 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We have to win on Saturday.. If Dundee lose against Hearts then they play Celtic. Assuming Celtic beat them then we can jump Dundee with a win at home to Kilmarnock, not an easy task but also not impossible.

Nothing has changed.

We need to attempt to win every single game.

It is not helpful for anyone to be worrying about what happens to Hamilton and Dundee. It just saps our energy.

Dundee were dead and buried within minutes last night. It looks like failing to strengthen in defence is going to cost them, that's 8 goals in two games.

Great result for Hamilton. Just means its up to us to get the results now to keep the pressure on both of them.

For a club the size of Aberdeen they have a horrendous home form. Hearts have also hit a sticky patch which they have had earlier this season so I don't see Hearts beating Dundee at Dens Park as a forgone conclusion need to concentrate on ourselves picking up as many points as possible. I reckon this will go down to when the bottom three play each other. The board should really consider running free buses up to Dundee We must beat Livingston. 

46 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For a club the size of Aberdeen they have a horrendous home form. Hearts have also hit a sticky patch which they have had earlier this season so I don't see Hearts beating Dundee at Dens Park as a forgone conclusion need to concentrate on ourselves picking up as many points as possible. I reckon this will go down to when the bottom three play each other. The board should really consider running free buses up to Dundee We must beat Livingston. 

Present board are more likely to ask Tayside Police to turn our supporters bus back at the outskirts of Dundee.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Seems like the only thing that predictable is that its going to be unpredictable.... Dons had 4 more shots v accies than v us.... Sat was always must win if we lose could the last to leave put the lights off please

ifwe go down, i suspect that most of the current squad will move on.  more of the same next year

11 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

ifwe go down, i suspect that most of the current squad will move on.  more of the same next year

As long as we go down fighting, i did not expect Accies to win last night however it happens, we now need to show we deserve to be in this league by winning our next 2 matches and then head to heads , if we dont we are the weakest link ........................  

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

As long as we go down fighting, i did not expect Accies to win last night however it happens, we now need to show we deserve to be in this league by winning our next 2 matches and then head to heads , if we dont we are the weakest link ........................  

What is this if we go down cr*p - far too early to be considering this kind of mentality...

We will pass Dee in the next few games and never look back. Even if we did not pass Hamilton, we now have a squad that should be able to beat the Championship play-off team over 2 legs.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

What is this if we go down cr*p - far too early to be considering this kind of mentality...

We will pass Dee in the next few games and never look back. Even if we did not pass Hamilton, we now have a squad that should be able to beat the Championship play-off team over 2 legs.

if

Dictionary result for if ( St Mirren are 12th and are in automatic relegation position, so IF is generous :byebye)

/ɪf/  
conjunction
conjunction: if
  1. 1.
    (introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.
    "if you have a complaint, write to the director"
    synonyms: on condition that, provided (that), providing (that), presuming (that), supposing (that), assuming (that), on the assumption that, allowing (that), as long as, given that, with the provision/proviso that, with/on the understanding that, if and only if, contingent on, in the event that, allowing that
    "if the weather is fine, we can walk to the village"
    antonyms: unless
    • (with past tense) introducing a hypothetical situation.
      "if you had stayed, this would never have happened"
    • whenever; every time.
      "if I go out she gets nasty"
      synonyms: whenever, every time
      "if I go out she gets nasty"
  2. 2.
    despite the possibility that; no matter whether.
    "if it takes me seven years, I shall do it"
  3. 3.
    (often used in indirect questions) whether.
    "he asked if we would like some coffee"
    synonyms: whether, whether or not
    "I wonder if he noticed"
  4. 4.
    expressing a polite request.
    "if I could just use the phone, I'll get a taxi"
  5. 5.
    expressing an opinion.
    "that's a jolly long walk, if you don't mind my saying so"
  6. 6.
    expressing surprise or regret.
    "well, if it isn't Frank!"
  7. 7.
    (with implied reservation) and perhaps not.
    "the new leaders have little if any control"
    • used to admit something as being possible but relatively insignificant.
      "if there was any weakness, it was naivety"
    • despite being (used before an adjective or adverb to introduce a contrast).
      "she was honest, if a little brutal"
      synonyms: although, albeit, but, even though, even if, despite being, in spite of being, yet, whilst
      "a useful, if unintended innovation"
noun
noun: if; plural noun: ifs
  1. 1.
    a condition or supposition.
    "there are so many ifs and buts in the policy"
    synonyms: uncertainty, doubt, lack of certainty, hesitation, vagueness; More

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
if

Dictionary result for if ( St Mirren are 12th and are in automatic relegation position, so IF is generous :byebye)

noun: if; plural noun: ifs
  1. 1.
    a condition or supposition.
    "there are so many ifs and buts in the policy"
    synonyms: uncertainty, doubt, lack of certainty, hesitation, vagueness;

Yeah we all know that - but it is the mindset I was shouting out against.

It is like many fans are already resigned to this idea. Far too many points to play for to be thinking these thoughts - IN my humble opinion!

I don't think it is generous - we win this weekend and we are a point off a much poorer Dee team than what we are - and will soon pass them . . .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah we all know that - but it is the mindset I was shouting out against.

It is like many fans are already resigned to this idea. Far too many points to play for to be thinking these thoughts - IN my humble opinion!

I don't think it is generous - we win this weekend and we are a point off a much poorer Dee team than what we are - and will soon pass them . . .

I am not resigned- be there Sat hoping to see the comeback continue

I am merely stating we might go down , we also might stay up.......................... regardless there is no if involved that I will be there next season

Southerly West winds on Saturday from 2pm lows of 40mph highs of 60mph through to Sunday night. This will stop the ferry's on Saturday afternoon. Got a function booked for Sunday lunch means I can't take the risk of going to the game. I'm sure my good lady will let me travel to Perth for the next game weather permitting of course. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Southerly West winds on Saturday from 2pm lows of 40mph highs of 60mph through to Sunday night. This will stop the ferry's on Saturday afternoon. Got a function booked for Sunday lunch means I can't take the risk of going to the game. I'm sure my good lady will let me travel to Perth for the next game weather permitting of course. 

Your ferry boats are such pansies :heart

Image result for perfect storm gif

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You must be watching different team, the squad is horrific. How many of current squad would get a game at another premier league club? 2 if ur lucky.....imo we will clearly finish bottom and if we win 2 games from now till end season ill be amazed...

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Nothing has changed.

We need to attempt to win every single game.

It is not helpful for anyone to be worrying about what happens to Hamilton and Dundee. It just saps our energy.

True but you'd like to think if we win both home games we'll be off the bottom. 

That's more like a Buddie attitude, Callum!  :)

The best OK can do is get the team playing to its best and making the most of every opportunity.  Occasional downers (and there will be more), like Accies doing their best and Aiberdeen-fitlike-fecked - is outwith the capacity of Saints players' and manager's (and fans') influence.

If Saints keep doing like they've done the last couple of matches, they might still survive  in this (admittedly shitey) league.