St Mirren v the West Lothian criminals

Hendo

FT 1-0

Excellent and much needed 3 points. The goal is a shot from Jackson which the keeper should do better with, but can only parry it to Flynn for a tap in from a tight angle.

Probably the best thing we can say about the game is that we ground it out. Pretty brutal fayre from start to finish from both teams, but we won, so that’s ok.

Still hanging on to the coat tails of 11th. Maybe we will stay up after all, stranger things have happened.

10 minutes ago, herman_munster said:

teams we need to be taking more than 1 point off we are just not capable of doing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Flynn proves a number of doubters wrong too - well done Ryan - he controlled it and took it well under pressure  - good work by Simeon.

League table looks a whole lot better too.   Last 3 games  -    2 draws against top 5 opposition - and a win against Livi.

Killie drab today - something next week and we rise above Dee . . . :guinness

Crap game - the right result !   :turtle

Ryan Flynn carrying on his good form and getting the winner today.

Thought he was our best player today.

I thought the conditions would have benefited Livy today but we defended well hladky I think had his quietest game in a saints shirt so far don’t think he had 1 save to make in the game.

23 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Ryan Flynn carrying on his good form and getting the winner today.

Thought he was our best player today.

I thought the conditions would have benefited Livy today but we defended well hladky I think had his quietest game in a saints shirt so far don’t think he had 1 save to make in the game.

The strength of our squad now and the vastly improved mentality are making such a difference. Clean sheet cause we kept Livi at bay.

Conditions woeful, but we held in there and finally took a chance - we had a few in the 1st half that could have made it a whole lot better - but the win is absolutely what matters...

Well Done OK and everyone involved in today's win.   Well done to the paying fans (season ticket or otherwise) it was a howler weather wise, but at least we go home with a positive result !!

Game on in the survival battle . . .

Edited by Sweeper07
typo

Big 3 points!

Not the prettiest and i’m hesitant to say either team deserved it... but we’ll take it.

Special mentions to Baird who strolled the 90 mins and Flynn who has taken a lot of criticism.

Good to see the players smiling and showing some fight. Onto the next...

Crucial result in the face of appalling weather which affected game. We look far more solid. Flynn, Ethan and Baird had excellent games. Muzak and popescu also very effective. However, Livingston handled conditions better and we were profligate giving away the ball. Thought Stephen mcginn struggled perhaps not fully fit. Most important thing is we are still on touch despite Wednesday result by Hamilton. I will not be surprised if we are still relegated but we look much better overall and capable of at least going down with a fight.

Not a pretty game or weather but it's always like that against this mob. The ante football. Thought we done well to get to HT 0.0. But the the 2nd half we just punted high balls up to them. Not a great game but a huge 3 points. Flynn was superb again. But Popescu is different class. And he's dragging Bairdy along with him. Great Hladiky got a clean sheet he deserved one. Need to play better against Killie. But it is winnable. Coys.