St Mirren v the West Lothian criminals

Hendo

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Not a pretty game or weather but it's always like that against this mob. The anti football. Thought we done well to get to HT 0.0. But the the 2nd half we just punted high balls up to them. Not a great game but a huge 3 points. Flynn was superb again. But Popescu is different class. And he's dragging Bairdy along with him. Great Hladiky got a clean sheet he deserved one. Need to play better against Killie. But it is winnable. Coys.

The "anti football" team outplayed us by quite a margin today for large parts of the match.

This was relegation form from us today - the result should not deflect from the poverty of our performance.

The only excuse (apart from the weather) might be our injury list which seems to be stuck at half a team for most of the season.

But I agree our defence is looking much more solid.

Surprised so many are criticising the performance. First half we played into the wind and we still didn’t give much away.2nd half the conditions were atrocious. We done well to dig in against a well drilled team

I’ve probably been been one of his biggest critics but today I thought Ryan Flynn put in a lot of graft and took the goal well.

McGinn looked really immobile, definitely not 100%

Fantastic win and 5 points from the last 3 games is great going.

The worst victory ever

I genuinely don’t understand this point of view. We’re playing a team that’s 20 points or so ahead of us, has a solid defence and we’re trying to play in the midst of a gale force wind and driving rain.

We did more with the ball than they did and got the goal our efforts and persistence deserved.

I’d take another 5 or 6 like it between now and the end of the season.

The "anti football" team outplayed us by quite a margin today for large parts of the match.
This was relegation form from us today - the result should not deflect from the poverty of our performance.
The only excuse (apart from the weather) might be our injury list which seems to be stuck at half a team for most of the season.
But I agree our defence is looking much more solid.

Out played us, really? They chose to take wind advantage in the first half they couldn’t capitalise on it. We weathered it ok(excuse the pun). Relegation form, I’ll take 3 points relegation form every week.

13 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Rubbish. Both teams didn't have a good performance today. But to say Livingston outplayed us is a fabrication. 

I'm interested to know where your parameters are for being outplayed. It certainly want in terms of chances created or clarity of chances. They missed a first half sitter and erm.... That was it. 

This isn't a defence of the St. Mirren performance as it was ugly a win as you'll see (and how we yearned to grind out ugly wins when getting rolled over), it's taking issue with the appraisal that Livingston were all over us. Which they weren't. They were shite.

Oh and if this is relegation form sign me up... I'll take 5 points from every three games from now til the end of the season please. 

5 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I genuinely don’t understand this point of view. We’re playing a team that’s 20 points or so ahead of us, has a solid defence and we’re trying to play in the midst of a gale force wind and driving rain.

We did more with the ball than they did and got the goal our efforts and persistence deserved.

I’d take another 5 or 6 like it between now and the end of the season.

I perhaps am over-egging our poor performance.

I would remind you that Livi are the team we left in our wake last season.

But cannot agree that we deserved this victory.

Livi were by far the better, fitter team today.

Where they tried to keep the ball on the deck we seemed to resort to keepy-upy or just hump the ball up the park into the wind.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Rubbish. Both teams didn't have a good performance today. But to say Livingston outplayed us is a fabrication. 

I'm interested to know where your parameters are for being outplayed. It certainly want in terms of chances created or clarity of chances. They missed a first half sitter and erm.... That was it. 

This isn't a defence of the St. Mirren performance as it was ugly a win as you'll see (and how we yearned to grind out ugly wins when getting rolled over), it's taking issue with the appraisal that Livingston were all over us. Which they weren't. They were shite.

Oh and if this is relegation form sign me up... I'll take 5 points from every three games from now til the end of the season please. 

This!

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Where they tried to keep the ball on the deck we seemed to resort to keepy-upy or just hump the ball up the park into the wind.

It's amazing what selective perception can do. 

Livingston played their fair share of hoofball. Even if I agree with what you say about keeping it on the deck and playing the game nicely, please show me one clear cut opportunity they carved out whilst keeping it on the deck. There was no sustained period where we were under pressure or looked like actually losing. 

Their only chance came from an inswinging set piece. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was replying to the "anti-football" comment about Livi.

They played better football than us today - surely you can't disagree with that if you were actually at the game.

Wank

Wank

Good Guy

Wank

I am of course referring to Northstbuddie, Top Cat, Me and Herman Munster.

What f**kin game were you clowns watching today? Did you only watch the first 20 minutes and then leave? 

Livi appeared to adapt to the conditions a little better than us to begin with and we were under the cosh a little, albeit at times the conditions seemed to be as much of a hindrance to them as a help. For the rest of the first half we were comfortably the better team. Second half again we controlled the game as much as any team could in those horrendous conditions. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll confess that I didn’t think the goal was coming, but we definitely deserved it. 

Some folk are never satisfied.

PS - If I can add a negative point of my own, Stephen McGinn was absolutely honkin today.

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Shite.

That is all.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Wank

Wank

Good Guy

Wank

I am of course referring to Northstbuddie, Top Cat, Me and Herman Munster.

What f**kin game were you clowns watching today? Did you only watch the first 20 minutes and then leave? 

Livi appeared to adapt to the conditions a little better than us to begin with and we were under the cosh a little, albeit at times the conditions seemed to be as much of a hindrance to them as a help. For the rest of the first half we were comfortably the better team. Second half again we controlled the game as much as any team could in those horrendous conditions. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll confess that I didn’t think the goal was coming, but we definitely deserved it. 

Some folk are never satisfied.

PS - If I can add a negative point of my own, Stephen McGinn was absolutely honkin today.

Indeed. .

. .and where the f**k has Elvis gone , has he left the building.   

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's amazing what selective perception can do. 

Livingston played their fair share of hoofball. Even if I agree with what you say about keeping it on the deck and playing the game nicely, please show me one clear cut opportunity they carved out whilst keeping it on the deck. There was no sustained period where we were under pressure or looked like actually losing. 

Their only chance came from an inswinging set piece. 

I did not claim they created more or better chances than us - just that they played better football than us.

Even against the wind in the second half, Livi spent more time in our half than their own.

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I was replying to the "anti-football" comment about Livi.

They played better football than us today - surely you can't disagree with that if you were actually at the game.

They didn't play any better than us. They were sloppy with passing, wasteful in the final third, only created one clear cut chance to actually score and generally looked 'meh'. 

I certainly didn't come away from the game today feeling we deserved to lose. Fortunate to grind out the win? Yeah possibly in the harsh conditions but definitely not some sort of smash and grab job by any means. 

Chances were at an absolute premium today and we created more of them in the end. 

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

I did not claim they created more or better chances than us - just that they played better football than us.

Even against the wind in the second half, Livi spent more time in our half than their own.

OK. So they played side to side tippy tappy pish with no end product. 

Fair enough if that's what you judge being outplayed as, if that's the case we were the best team in the league until the transfer window. :lol:

Doesn’t matter what happened last season.

They weren’t better. We created more chances. We scored they didn’t.

They weren’t fitter. We kept going until the end and there wasn’t one single player that wasn’t driving us forward.

They hoofed it up the park all day long. We arguably played better football in the last 20 mins of the first half once we got a measure of the conditions.

Their brand of football if f**king painful to watch. That certainly hasn’t changed since last year. Thankfully they got what they deserved.

We’ve now had three solid performances in a row that have given us a real chance of staying up. Just enjoy it for f**k sake.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Livi are dire, just like the weather was today.  When they lose Halkett at the end of this season they will be relegation fodder next.

All the more reason for us to stay up - then we can look beyond one season. We need to sign more of Hladky & Popescu's mates too... Muzek maestro . . .  

A wee natty win for us next week and we will all be singing Oh When the Saints . . .  even the knicker wetter's and Oran doubters . . . :happyclapper