St Mirren v the West Lothian criminals

Hendo

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

I did not claim they created more or better chances than us - just that they played better football than us.

Even against the wind in the second half, Livi spent more time in our half than their own.

Well go feckin support them then. God knows they have enough spare seats:blink:

15 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Anybody have any views on Nazon’s disallowed goal. Looked on side to me in W2.

16 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Anybody have any views on Nazon’s disallowed goal. Looked on side to me in W2.

What disallowed goal was that? 

2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Honestly all kidding aside do you think your interesting? Your posts are boring as f@ek and u put silly faces etc in that are just pish....u obviously have no life or friends..its a shame for you really...

It's you're interesting not your! From the most sad person (alias) on the forum irony is something that clearly goes over your head. A psychologist would have a field day!!

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

It's you're interesting not your! From the most sad person (alias) on the forum irony is something that clearly goes over your head. A psychologist would have a field day!!

Let's all enjoy the win guys. 

I don't think that Livingston were awful at all.  They weren't great.  Neither were we.  Livvy did enough in terms of possession and tackling as well as in creating chances to have taken a point from the game.  Talking down the opposition is the same as talking down our own performance.  One in which the players grafted for the full match in very testing conditions and gave those of us in the stands something to cheer about.  Credit where credit is due. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't think that Livingston were awful at all.  They weren't great.  Neither were we.  Livvy did enough in terms of possession and tackling as well as in creating chances to have taken a point from the game.  Talking down the opposition is the same as talking down our own performance.  One in which the players grafted for the full match in very testing conditions and gave those of us in the stands something to cheer about.  Credit where credit is due. 

I refer you to my earlier answer :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

And I ignore you dear boy. It's the right thing to do with what you write. It tends towards the standard regurgitation of old fashioned and spiteful comments which ultimately decry a player. Our team, another team, one of their players or a match official. Predictable in the extreme but it's your right to post it.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

And I ignore you dear boy. It's the right thing to do with what you write. It tends towards the standard regurgitation of old fashioned and spiteful comments which ultimately decry a player. Our team, another team, one of their players or a match official. Predictable in the extreme but it's your right to post it.

:hammer   :lol

Flynn has totally proved me wrong last few weeks. I had him down as a heartless mouse. Seems he was maybe just low on confidence but fair play to the guy, been like a new signing in our still problem area which is midfield. Captain McGinn done well but sure he is not 100% fit. Can't fault his attitude though, he is a Saints man through and through imo.

Feel the much maligned Duck is looking fitter and sharper. Not sure yet he is a football player but feel he is putting in the effort. Having the likes of Jackson and Mullen on the bench gives us good options.

I think there is a player in Dreyer, but frustratingly a bit lightweight at times and probably still finding his feet. Possibly confidence related but wont give up on him.

McAllister has genuine quality but looks likely to have this groin issue long term which I believe led to him being rested for 60 mins today. A game changer though.

Defence much better. Hladky and Popescu both top drawer. Muzek looking better by the week.

All in all plenty to be happy about right now. We can do this!

Did you just reply to yourself ? You really have lost the f**king plot now.
Too much Caviar and Dom at the ambassadors reception methinks .[emoji23]

Great 3 points today and a huge boost to the players and club. Might just be what we need to kick on. Take any result over performance in those conditions.
My big worry is up front as I just don't think Nazon and Dreyer are cutting it for me. Just don't look good enough. Dundee and Hamilton look to have done better business than us in this area do far. Hopefully both comes good with more game time but haven't been impressed by either so far. 
Don't think McAliister looks anything special at this level but for me much more effective than Dreyer
Hladky & Popescu are the 2 best players at the club now. Real quality signings.

Dundee are f**king shite.[emoji90]

Why are there idiots on here complaining about the performance in they conditions.

It’s a great result Livy had more of the ball but did next to feck all hladky had next to nothing to do.

We had more of the ball last time they came and we did feck all not managing 1 shot on target.

We created the best chances of a terrible match and got the 3 points that’s all we should be asking for at this time of the season in the position we are

for those that think Livingston outplayed us sound like Holt would have been happy with a point and while Livi had more possession they did feck all with it based on the stats

Quotes and stats from BBC I have highlighted Holts impression and shots on target we had 5 they had 1!!!

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney: "It's been a while since I experienced a last-minute winner. It's a nice reward on the back of the previous two performances. To make those two points valuable, we knew we needed the three today.

"Ryan Flynn's had a brilliant month for us; I don't know where he gets the energy from to start the move and then pop up to squeeze it in."

Livingston manager Gary Holt: "It's not sore - it's naivety. It's game management and professionalism. We should just see the game out and it's something we need to learn.

"The players need to learn that instructions given on the park need to be carried out to the letter. It's just disappointing that we've chucked away a good point."

Home TeamSt MirrenAway TeamLivingston
Possession
Home46%
Away54%
Shots
Home10
Away8
Shots on Target
Home5
Away1
Corners
Home4