St Mirren v the West Lothian criminals

Hendo

What a nasty wee forum we have tonight.  Some real and unwarranted vitriol alongside an unhealthy display of pack behaviour.

Beating Livi is one of the hardest tasks in this league  beating them when their manager has clearly set them out for a draw or to steal a win is actually impressive given where we were  a month ago, however we did it. Well done saints and the fans who cheered them on.  

Edited by beyond our ken

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What the actual f**k are you going on about you absolute f**kin* tool ?
Why don’t you just admit you made a silly mistake and have a laugh at your own stupidity ? Everyone else is !

I think it’s time for us all to understand we are In this together and have a truce till the spilt. Including getting the sin bin crew back in one team one town f@@k the world SMFC 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Dundee are f**king shite.emoji90.png

And so are we !. Nelson is a better recruit for Dundee, as is Oakley for Hamilton than Nazon is for us so far. Nazon simply not good enough so far, neither is Dreyer.

Time will tell on Nazon but for me at the moment he is very poor

Overall for the turnover of players the recruitment has been decent

Edited by lenziebud

18 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

And so are we !. Nelson is a better recruit for Dundee, as is Oakley for Hamilton than Nazon is for us so far. Nazon simply not good enough so far, neither is Dreyer.

Time will tell on Nazon but for me at the moment he is very poor

Overall for the turnover of players the recruitment has been decent

Jesus negativity negativity, the duck will come good, and his attitude at the end was brilliant . F@@k Oakley he ain’t met prop or muz yet, as for Dundee they are gone SMFC will survive simply because we are beter on and off the park. 

Edited by Iamhammer
Productive text

2 hours ago, scam75 said:

Flynn has totally proved me wrong last few weeks. I had him down as a heartless mouse. Seems he was maybe just low on confidence but fair play to the guy, been like a new signing in our still problem area which is midfield. Captain McGinn done well but sure he is not 100% fit. Can't fault his attitude though, he is a Saints man through and through imo.

Me too.

Absolutely delighted to be proved wrong about Flynn.

A different player to the one I saw a month ago.

Let's hope it continues. 

Just back in from the pub and had a quick glance at this thread??

So rather than comment on what has been said before.. I saw a very determined Saints team that matched the horrible way that the opposition play football. We were certainly not free flowing but in our situation and with that weather could we expect anything different? 

I also saw our "defensive" midfielder run 60-70 yards, in the last few minutes of the game,  to get on the rebound of a tremendous run and shot by Simeon and get his reward. I have no idea how he scored as I was too busy looking for the linesman putting his flag up for offside (the St. Mirren fan in me!)

I then found myself running down steps in the main stand to pass on my regards to the Livingston manager ( the wee one not the big one).

After waiting to clap the team off the pitch, I  was leaving the ground and looked across to W7 and found there was still a band of fans singing a song that I have no idea what it was.

Glad to see there are people still up for the fight and not point scoring on here! 

Edited by party politics

The celebration of the goal was FANtastic,the noise was deafening.One minute we're sitting getting soaked,in the Main Stand,the next minute an earthquake wouldn't have bothered us.

A draw would probably have been a fair result........which makes the win even better.

The look on the faces of the Livy mob as they trooped off made it the perfect day. :clapping

Met Sephiroth at half time(some of the older forum members will remember him.Long black,leather coat) and he was telling me he's getting married in June.Still looks the same...........except for the 2 stone he has put on. :shockaroony:lol:

Had to go home to get changed after the game.Last time I seen rain like that at the fitba was the B+Q Cup Final v Falkirk.

Edited by HSS

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What the actual f**k are you going on about you absolute f**kin* tool ?
Why don’t you just admit you made a silly mistake and have a laugh at your own stupidity ? Everyone else is !

CG.  Language dear boy.  Be magnanimous. 

Chill.  Enjoy having secured 3 points. 

And I ignore you dear boy. It's the right thing to do with what you write. It tends towards the standard regurgitation of old fashioned and spiteful comments which ultimately decry a player. Our team, another team, one of their players or a match official. Predictable in the extreme but it's your right to post it.
[emoji23]

7 hours ago, dani bongo said:

3 points is all that mattered today and it puts a bit more pressure on Dundee and Hamilton. It made my day and I don't care less about how it was achieved.

Dani, I don’t know if you were at the game today, but if you weren’t, don’t listen to the 3 or 4 nuggets on here who said we played badly. We didn’t.

With respect to other forum members, arguments on here about which team played better yesterday are irrelevant. We desperately need POINTS, and we got three yesterday in some of the worst weather most of us have seen for many years. Livy clearly came for a draw but our lads deserve huge credit for fighting right to the end of the game and still having enough grit and spirit to score a winner at the death. Main concern is still the inability of our frontmen to score. We had chances earlier in the game but were not able to convert them into goals. If our strikers don't improve immediately I fear we will be found out by Killie and St. Johnstone in the next two games.

Great credit also to the fans who turned up yesterday and stayed right till the end. As for the lads in W7. How good is it to see them perform like this instead of the controversy they were involved in a few weeks back? 

As someone above said, we need everyone, players, fans and management, pulling together in the next few weeks if we're to have any chance of surviving in this league. So let's get behind the team and......

COYS!!

6 hours ago, HSS said:

The celebration of the goal was FANtastic,the noise was deafening.One minute we're sitting getting soaked,in the Main Stand,the next minute an earthquake wouldn't have bothered us.

A draw would probably have been a fair result........which makes the win even better.

The look on the faces of the Livy mob as they trooped off made it the perfect day. :clapping

Met Sephiroth at half time(some of the older forum members will remember him.Long black,leather coat) and he was telling me he's getting married in June.Still looks the same...........except for the 2 stone he has put on. :shockaroony:lol:

Had to go home to get changed after the game.Last time I seen rain like that at the fitba was the B+Q Cup Final v Falkirk.

Have to agree HSS, the noise was deafening. Like Party Polotics said, I too found myself looking to the linesman and as soon as I realised the goal definitely stood it was bonkers time. My poor wee nephew got launched about 10 feet in the air! :lol:.

Looking across at the lads in W7 was superb. Absolute scenes.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dani, I don’t know if you were at the game today, but if you weren’t, don’t listen to the 3 or 4 nuggets on here who said we played badly. We didn’t.

No we didnt play badly added to fact we played first half into a 35 mph wind and rain. Getting to HT level was some feet. We fought hard all over the park...good changes by OK and the perfect times. Livi manager thought they should have got ONE point......stats and result say otherwise....