W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Here we go again. Josh is targeted because he is the one putting his name to it. (Viewed as the ringleader I guess)

The club want him banned, despite the work that this guy has put in for our club, and the worst they have on him is standing on seats and a pitchside barrier. (That’s from watching cctv during games and trying to pin stuff on him) 

Wasn’t there yesterday but from what I’ve been told - the police/stewards were trying to get Dundee United fans to falsely say he spat on someone, even though he hadn’t. :lol:

It might sound like a mad conspiracy theory but someone somewhere really has it in for this particular person/group. And want this whole thing stopped. I don’t know why, it helps the club. They use the displays in club social media posts. The fan march and displays have done more to promote the club to young people in Renfrewshire than any of the clubs youth schemes ever have. 

It’s all very very weird.

It's upsetting the growing prawn sandwich brigade in the main stand

I am not taking sides here and I do not know enough detail.

However there was fighting recently with Well fans and last season when we arrived at Tannadice there was a heavy Police presence. We asked if they were expecting trouble and was told St Mirren fans had set off fireworks in a local pub causing mayhem and damage.

The above takes me back many decades but is almost unknown now. Some folk somewhere are being over exuberant and clearly the Club are clamping down on behaviour.

8 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

the potential future supporters of our club, yet we can’t give 50 - 100 free tickets to them on a weekly basis? 

This is bang on.

Its not like we ever sell out, so we won’t be losing money by doing this. But what we can do is build up a potential future fan base.

Free tickets to schools. Youth clubs. Places like orphanages. As you state, the Street Stuff.  Anything where we can try to convert today’s youth into following the local team. We should be trying to gain something from the unsold tickets. There really needs to be more of an effort in converting others to support their local club.

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This is bang on.

Its not like we ever sell out, so we won’t be losing money by doing this. But what we can do is build up a potential future fan base.

Free tickets to schools. Youth clubs. Places like orphanages. As you state, the Street Stuff.  Anything where we can try to convert today’s youth into following the local team. We should be trying to gain something from the unsold tickets. There really needs to be more of an effort in converting others to support their local club.

I think orphanages died out in the 1950's.

The stuff that Josh has been accused of may seem relatively minor, but standing on seats etc could have health and safety consequences. Don't go along with those that say there is victimisation going on, surely if that was the case he'd be banned already rather than warned?

Maybe a safe standing section would be a solution?

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't know of any particular supporter of the club but if your name keeps cropping up again and again and again in terms of conduct, it's maybe time to have a bit of a period of self-reflection. 

He's an easy target and he hasn't done anything wrong

Wonder where the Polis was when he got attacked outside Ibrox

These boys aren't the LSD or The North Bank Aggro and shouldn't be treated as such

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I am not taking sides here and I do not know enough detail.

However there was fighting recently with Well fans and last season when we arrived at Tannadice there was a heavy Police presence. We asked if they were expecting trouble and was told St Mirren fans had set off fireworks in a local pub causing mayhem and damage.

The above takes me back many decades but is almost unknown now. Some folk somewhere are being over exuberant and clearly the Club are clamping down on behaviour.

That seems to have been swept under the carpet.

As far as I know some of the younger boys got jumped by Well fans while walking to the game. I was in the ground straight off the bus so didn’t see it myself.

Not saying it’s right, but when you’ve got groups of (mostly young) people it sometimes happens. They’re not exactly going to just stand there and not fight back? Support inside the ground at Motherwell was top class (& well behaved)

14 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Why not ask them to move to W1 next season

Why should it be moved? The west stand is our stand. 

The main question I’ve got is why stewards tried to accuse Josh of spitting on a Dundee United fan?

Proceeded then to try to eject him from the ground.

Then when he asks them to prove it, they back down, and the Dundee United fan admits outside that he was ASKED to give a false statement that he was spat on, even though he hadn’t. 

If someone from the club or security company wants to answer that, I’m all ears

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Could you imagine if we had these old ladies like Oaksoft and Ricky clucking about and getting involved in the old days of the real Northbank?

Or how many of us would have stuck with following St Mirren in our youth if we had a steward following us about telling us not to swear? Or got a letter for climbing on someone's shoulders? 

You shouldn't need anyone to tell you how to behave. I sing, I shout, I clap and I stood in the North bank. 

I didn't feel a need to swear. I didn't feel a need to shower hate on the opposition. 

The police have enough to do without having to concern themselves with a group of (mostly) young lads with a low threshold of self control. But.. somehow the group have caught their attention. In that you only have to look at yourselves for the reasons why.

For the umpteenth time. I love the noise..I love the colour that W7 guys are bringing to the ground. Doesn't mean that I have to agree with all that is said or done. Get used to it. In life others have opinions. We might not agree with them but it's usually wise to ask ourselves why they feel the way they do and ask...was it something I/we have done.

In my case, I know what I have done. I have had the temerity to ask you to consider behaving better than the fans from other clubs you criticise. In many ways, you already do in my opinion. 

Edited by St.Ricky

An i missing something here? There's a letter at the start of the thread that lists repeated instances of standing on seats, hoardings and sitting on someone's shoulders. As there seems to be a "we've done nothing wrong" feeling, is the implication that all these things didn't happen and have been made up by the club?

6 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

An i missing something here? There's a letter at the start of the thread that lists repeated instances of standing on seats, hoardings and sitting on someone's shoulders. As there seems to be a "we've done nothing wrong" feeling, is the implication that all these things didn't happen and have been made up by the club?

I was in W6 last Wednesday , only a few seats from W7 and I felt the heavy police presence was both unnecessary and provocative and I said as much at the time.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

I was in W6 last Wednesday , only a few seats from W7 and I felt the heavy police presence was both unnecessary and provocative and I said as much at the time.

Are you suggesting that the presence of police was intimidating rather than reassuring? 

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

It's been stated that there was fighting before that game. Might explain increased police presence being necessary?

9 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

No, to put them in the middle of the home support.

I like the idea of the guys being *the engine room" of the home support.

How about W4?

Smack bang in the middle of the West stand. 

Noise,  colour and maybe in time a safe standing area. 

Edited by St.Ricky

35 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

That's what needs clarified. It might seem low level misbehaviour, but if someone falls it could cause problems, or even claims against the club. Any issues can also lead to increased policing which the club would need to pay for.

Two versions of the same event, victimisation v acting like fannies? The truth probably lies in the middle.

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I like the idea of the guys being *the engine room" of the home support.

How about W4?

Smack bang in the middle of the West stand. 

Noise,  colour and maybe in time a safe standing area. 

Safe standing couldn’t happen bang middle of a stand unfortunately, it would be unfair on others in seated sections either side in terms of view.

Would love safe standing at the stadium but at the moment i think money’s better suited to other areas of the club. Especially the first team budget.