W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

5 minutes ago, garzo said:

All of them?

When you include the fact that nobody else in this group is man enough to report the troublemakers to the police and the club  to allow us to get rid of them then yes - I'm happy to damn a very large number of them.

You really want to f**k about splitting hairs in light of that statement by the club?

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Not surprising ! The club , from Chairman down to management is an absolute point and laugh shambles. This is an official statement from the club which, on the face of it , is a load of bollocks !

Billy, what's a shambles? I'm defending our fans in that section to a point but surely spitting on an injured guy and his 2 sons is not on? It's easy, find those guilty and we move on.

1 minute ago, div said:

Tremendous banter that we currently have CCTV where you can't see peoples faces :lol:

It is not always easy to identify people in a crowd via CCTV. Resolution can be poor when images are blown up. Wide angle lenses will see the whole crowd and alert general problems. Telephoto lenses may pick out an individual but is limited in the number of people in a screen shot. People wear hats and scarves and turn their head around.

Often Pick posts crowd images of Away games - I can usually identify myself knowing my seat and what I am wearing but no-one would ever identify me with an enlargement and that is using a camera with a higher resolution than most CCTV cameras.

3 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Don't know anything about these incidents but i would suggest if they are happening, then it's a small minority. By all means seeks those out who are guilty but don't label all those supporters in this section as guilty. The chairman himself has indicated it's a small minority so let's find them and get them banned.

It's a bit hard to do that when they are surrounded by cowards who are not man enough to report them.

I’m not for one condoning any of the actions but to put out statements all on allegations is pathetic. If I seen someone spitting or throwing a coin I’d have a word with them myself. Not a chance that should be happening anywhere in life. A lot of effort has been put into this section for a couple of wee Fannies to ruin it.  But theres been far too many allegations and things that don’t add up for me.  Also LOADS of exaggeration.

"There has been much comment on social media over the weekend regarding all of the above but that is not the place we should be having these conversations especially when people are not aware of all the facts and individuals can twist the truth without the risk of being held accountable for their words."

Amateur hour from the club again.

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 19.47.32.png

Yet another PR howler from the club. Are they getting St Ricky to complile these statements?

the statement suggests it easy for someone to twist the truth without hard evidence, but then goes onto make a series of allegations without... guess what? Yip hard evidence! The statement also goes onto say that this debate shouldnt Be happening on social media... yes, thats right the very same statement released across all major social media platforms!

wrapped up by suggesting the need for a local MP is going to act as arbitrator/peacemaker ffs! Talk about fanning the flames!

are the SLO's sidelined in all this, or not seen as neutral go betweens?

cant pretend to know what did, or did not happen in the vommitory (what a phrase) of W7 but must ask?

Why was the injured fan on a stretcher not simply taken out the emergency exit of the stand he was in? Why bump him across the empty corner into the St Mirren choir in the first place?

secondly, what i did see clearly from as far away W3, that while the injured fan was being tended to in that corner of the away end. A United fan sat 30 yards away charged at the W7 section about four or five times, waving 'come ahead' to W7. Now no doubt they were taking the piss out of him, (who widnae when someone embarrasses themselves like that) but he repeatedly pushed stewards aside to try to get at W7. And his punishment was simply to be led back to his seat each time. No high def cctv needed to identify and remove that bampot, but strangely even the stewards he was pushing around did nothing.

this repetitive tit for tat on social media makes the club look poor, no matter what did, or did not occur. Ffs somebody think first, think twice and decide if you really have to become the new Statement FC..?

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Do you seriously think the club are making this up?

At what point do you wake up and open your eyes bud?

If it happened as described then it is absolutely vile

But, it massively conflicts with the story I've been told that the lad who was allegedly spat on - told St Mirren fans outside he was asked to give a statement that he was spat on. Gordon releasing a club statement that opposes this suddenly escalates this. Someone is telling lies

Just now, dr rotund said:

Billy, what's a shambles? I'm defending our fans in that section to a point but surely spitting on an injured guy and his 2 sons is not on? It's easy, find those guilty and we move on.

I'm assured this did not happen , from a few different sources. Spitting certainly happened , which is not on , but the spitting did not occur in the same incident as the one involving the injured fan. We will never know when it definitely happened anyway , if the cctv coverage is as poor as it seems to be !

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a bit hard to do that when they are surrounded by cowards who are not man enough to report them.

2 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

You wonder where the stewards were when this was happening?

This.

for the countless amounts of stewards watching that part of the ground, why are these stewards and police not noticing these people? Are they cowards too? It is their job to be fair....

Just now, garzo said:

legally these are allegations, not factual or proven
No problem with allegations being followed up on and action taken, however as we stand at the moment they are all allegations

Am I wrong?

Yes. As often with a crowd disturbance individuals are difficult to identify - doesn't mean that incidents did not happen. A pub owner phones the police about fireworks being let off in a crowded pub is a fact (and they have witnesses). Identifying who did it is not proven, not an allegation.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Most people have enough going on with their lives , rather than get themselves involved with the bungling Paisley Police and Club officials !

I think we are getting an insight into how Rangers and Celtic struggle to eradicate bigotry amongst their own support. Our club asks for help and the forum is overrun by people attacking the club rather than getting rid of the arseholes causing trouble.

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame the OF clubs for the behaviour of their fans. We can't seem to eradicate a dozen or so kids.

If it is the case that the club have CCTV footage of several people spitting on an unconscious Dundee Utd fan then they need to release that footage so we can identify the culprits.

It is a hell of a claim to make! I personally find it hard to believe that would happen and nobody around the incident would see it.

If that footage doesn't exist then the club will have a lot to answer.

It seems any bad behaviour associated with the club (fans fighting at away games) is being associated to the W7 group, who as far as I am aware travel on a supporters bus and couldn't be involved in any of these incidents.

I think there should be a proper investigation in to this, and not the sort that is organised by old reactionaries like Oaksoft and Ricky.