W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If it is the case that the club have CCTV footage of several people spitting on an unconscious Dundee Utd fan then they need to release that footage so we can identify the culprits.

It is a hell of a claim to make! I personally find it hard to believe that would happen and nobody around the incident would see it.

If that footage doesn't exist then the club will have a lot to answer.

It seems any bad behaviour associated with the club (fans fighting at away games) is being associated to the W7 group, who as far as I am aware travel on a supporters bus and couldn't be involved in any of these incidents.

I think there should be a proper investigation in to this, and not the sort that is organised by old reactionaries like Oaksoft and Ricky.

If this is true- then it gets handed to the Police, and those concerned who can be identified get life bans along with Community Service or Jail time

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm assured this did not happen , from a few different sources. Spitting certainly happened , which is not on , but the spitting did not occur in the same incident as the one involving the injured fan. We will never know when it definitely happened anyway , if the cctv coverage is as poor as it seems to be !

True, and i agree that is a bloody shambles! Much like the sound system!

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

1) are the SLO's sidelined in all this, or not seen as neutral go betweens?

2) No high def cctv needed to identify and remove that bampot, but strangely even the stewards he was pushing around did nothing.

3) Yet another PR howler from the club. Are they getting St Ricky to complile these statements?

1) I said similar yesterday. Surely this is one of the reasons for having an SLO? Otherwise, what’s the point of having one?

2) Stewards are probably told not to risk themselves in the face of potential violence. Their job description is probably quite basic, where the more difficult scenarios should be covered by police.

3) Clearly not Ricky. No mention of liking the flags and banners.

I have not made any references to the W7 guys in this discussion - I have said some St Mirren supporters have been acting like fannies. What surprises me is that there appears to be little condemnation of these people, whoever they are, but condemnation of the Club.

And other fans show no concern for what has happened over the last year or so claiming nothing happened and that it is all some conspiracy.  Bad behaviour by any St Mirren fans should be condemned by all of us.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

If this is true- then it gets handed to the Police, and those concerned who can be identified get life bans along with Community Service or Jail time

Well it's not for the club or police to decide if anyone gets community service or jail time.

If the incident happened as described in the statement, the club should put the footage up online and we can as a support try and identify the culprits and ban them.

I don't think the incident happened as per the statement. As has already been highlighted the statement claims flares have been let off at away games. Yet....nobody who goes to away games has ever seen one? 

A lot of exaggeration in there it seems.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I have not made any references to the W7 guys in this discussion - I have said some St Mirren supporters have been acting like fannies. What surprises me is that there appears to be little condemnation of these people, whoever they are, but condemnation of the Club.

And other fans show no concern for what has happened over the last year or so claiming nothing happened and that it is all some conspiracy.  Bad behaviour by any St Mirren fans should be condemned by all of us.

The problem is the club has put out a statement with bare-faced lies in part of it. Makes it hard to see it in good faith. There also seems to be ongoing attempt to pin any bad behavior on the same individuals.

Club should release this CCTV footage.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe the club is just going to have to either disperse that section of fans or pay to have them filmed every week by the police.

There were dozens of police & stewards in that area on Saturday, plus our CCTV yet no one as yet has identified the culprits. What does that say about security inside our stadium ? 

If they can’t control a couple of hundred W7 fans, how do they cope with the bad behaviour of 3000 Orcs ?  Oh wait, they don’t .

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think we are getting an insight into how Rangers and Celtic struggle to eradicate bigotry amongst their own support. Our club asks for help and the forum is overrun by people attacking the club rather than getting rid of the arseholes causing trouble.

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame the OF clubs for the behaviour of their fans. We can't seem to eradicate a dozen or so kids.

Of all the games I have attended home and away in the last few years I have never witnessed  any trouble. Take it you have given your stance can I ask what you have witnessed ?

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe the club is just going to have to either disperse that section of fans or pay to have them filmed every week by the police.

That already also happens by police. 

You seem to spout a lot on here but don’t actually have any facts to back it up either. Did you write that statement from the club?

amazing stuff.

best comment of the day is the stewards are scared to apprehend anyone or stick them in (which they are paid to do) but fans are cowards for not doing.

Your having a mare today bud.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think we are getting an insight into how Rangers and Celtic struggle to eradicate bigotry amongst their own support. Our club asks for help and the forum is overrun by people attacking the club rather than getting rid of the arseholes causing trouble.

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame the OF clubs for the behaviour of their fans. We can't seem to eradicate a dozen or so kids.

As bad as this sounds, you make a good point. Celtic and Sevco fans always deny their violence, claiming media conspiracies and lying opposition fans (indeed the blue bigots claimed the bottle incident against one of our fans was fabricated).

Now it appears we are doing the same. I really want to believe that none of this is true. I have friends in the W7 crowd, it’s probably where I’d be sitting if I was still local. But I think it would be highly naive of me to believe there’s nothing wrong here. I can’t see any valid reason for these stories to be fabricated by the club. I’d sincerely hope that if there was fans genuinely causing trouble, others amongst them would name names and get them banned. The problem is, people don’t want to dog in their mates.

Hopefully this all gets resolved. If we have genuine culprits, get them tae f**k as quickly as possible before things get even worse.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

That already also happens by police. 

You seem to spout a lot on here but don’t actually have any facts to back it up either. Did you write that statement from the club?

amazing stuff.

best comment of the day is the stewards are scared to apprehend anyone or stick them in (which they are paid to do) but fans are cowards for not doing.

Your having a mare today bud.

I know , he's having trouble getting over himself ,  talk about being detached with reality and basically clueless !

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It is not always easy to identify people in a crowd via CCTV. Resolution can be poor when images are blown up. Wide angle lenses will see the whole crowd and alert general problems. Telephoto lenses may pick out an individual but is limited in the number of people in a screen shot. People wear hats and scarves and turn their head around.

Often Pick posts crowd images of Away games - I can usually identify myself knowing my seat and what I am wearing but no-one would ever identify me with an enlargement and that is using a camera with a higher resolution than most CCTV cameras.

Correct.

Too many people watching crime shows on TV and taking it for granted that everything they see is true.

I remember watching a programme that had experts on debunking the use of CCTV to identify culprits and number plates with crystal clear images. He said it rarely happens, with 70-80% of images being pretty useless in court. Although he did say that HD systems are much better than analog, although the latter, due to cost savings, were by far the most commonly used.

He cited several reasons, with the main reasons being loss of resolution as a result of optical zooming and the limited area of coverage.

He also debunked the "overnight" DNA identification of a criminal, stating that the time taken for DNA to go from crime scene to identification can span as long as 14 days.

Edited by FTOF

Reading that statement again, I’m a bit confused about why the club even released it. 

“It’s alleged something happened, we have no proof that it did happen, but people are talking on social media so here’s a statement to confirm that we have no idea who was involved or what actually happened” 

Seems like another public dig from our chairman towards a certain supporter. Embarrassing after using the clubs official account to have a “debate” last time

Surely just a simple “if anyone has information on the incident in W7, here’s our phone number”, would have been better? Regardless of what happened it’s a strange way to handle things, especially in public

Edited by Doakes

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Of all the games I have attended home and away in the last few years I have never witnessed  any trouble. Take it you have given your stance can I ask what you have witnessed ?

He's toeing the club line , nothing else !

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Reading that statement again, I’m a bit confused about why the club even released it. 

“It’s alleged something happened, we have no proof that it did happen, but people are talking on social media so here’s a statement to confirm that we have no idea who was involved or what actually happened” 

Seems like another public dig from our chairman towards a certain supporterer. Embarrassing after using the clubs official account to have a “debate” last time

Surely just a simple “if anyone has information on the incident in W7, here’s our phone number”, would have been better? Regardless of what happened it’s a strange way to handle things, especially in public

A statement against using social media the club made on social media! :lol:

Which is also "short on facts" as the club complained about, allowing STV to run up a sensationalist headline within minutes.

Which was my point above which Oaky & Wendy seem to be getting themselves worked up about.