W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

Been doing a bit of reading through the twitter comments 

Timeline seems to have been;

Dundee United score, someone falls over due to everyone running forwards (head injury)

This supporter is being helped by paramedics / stewards, and they decide the best course of action is to take the supporter through the W7 vomitory, rather than out of the away stand

The stretcher comes through W7 and the clubs official statement alleges that the unconscious man is then spat on and has coins lobbed at him from the vomitory above, as he is passing through. 

In a separate? incident, 2 (?) Dundee United fans attempt to run towards W7 and goad people into a fight, not sure if this is classed as the same incident or whether the club statement got the 2 incidents mixed up?

Those individuals are then walked back to their seats, rather than being ejected from the stadium

The club then release a statement saying that St Mirren fans lobbed missiles and spat on an unconscious person who was lying on a stretcher

Something doesn't add up

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe the club is just going to have to either disperse that section of fans or pay to have them filmed every week by the police.

That's an interesting point. The police regularly film this group of supporters, so we shouldn't really have to rely on the quality of St. Mirren's cctv [emoji57]

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

That's an interesting point. The police regularly film this group of supporters, so we shouldn't really have to rely on the quality of St. Mirren's cctv emoji57.png

A stadia with an 8k capacity should have CCTV everywhere, especially with the ugly sisters in our league

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Self-criticism can also be a learning curve :wink:

Honestly I wouldn't take Gordon's job no matter what you paid me.

Running the club on a day to day basis would be enjoyable but that is one thing. Having to deal with a bunch of scumbags who are scraping the barrel of society is another thing altogether and I wouldn't tolerate it.

14 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Been doing a bit of reading through the twitter comments 

Timeline seems to have been;

Dundee United score, someone falls over due to everyone running forwards (head injury)

This supporter is being helped by paramedics / stewards, and they decide the best course of action is to take the supporter through the W7 vomitory, rather than out of the away stand

The stretcher comes through W7 and the clubs official statement alleges that the unconscious man is then spat on and has coins lobbed at him from the vomitory above, as he is passing through. 

In a separate? incident, 2 (?) Dundee United fans attempt to run towards W7 and goad people into a fight, not sure if this is classed as the same incident or whether the club statement got the 2 incidents mixed up?

Those individuals are then walked back to their seats, rather than being ejected from the stadium

The club then release a statement saying that St Mirren fans lobbed missiles and spat on an unconscious person who was lying on a stretcher

Something doesn't add up

Yeah, you are expecting Twitter to be as credible a source of information as your own club.

That's your error right there.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Well since the club have started a shit storm by releasing that statement - I think it's only fair that they release the footage they have so that people can try to make sense of it?

"Numerous St Mirren fans spitting on and throwing coins at an unconscious United fan", should be pretty easy to see, even on grainy/shite footage. 

Get the footage released.

You are trying your best to deflect what is the real problem here. Everyone knows we have minority of wee fannies turning up at home and away games completely smashed out their face and bringing attention to themselves and those round about them. Anyone with half a brain would realise there are huge legal implications in releasing CCTV especially if under 18's are involved. 

I have no idea why the club would say this incident with the Dundee United fan happened if it did not and I am confident they will have some sort of CCTV which backs up what Police, Stewards and perhaps Ambulance or first aid staff (if they were the ones lifting the patient out the studium) say. 

I imagine the board have been forced to give a statement after the broadcast and written press got on the story through social media. Are you seriously suggesting the club have just made this up? Why?

I assume you will agree spitting and throwing coins at an injured Dundee United fan is the lowest of the low and that if it is proved a St Mirren supporter did this they should be in court and banned from every football ground for life.

Guest TPAFKATS
A stadia with an 8k capacity should have CCTV everywhere, especially with the ugly sisters in our league
It does, there are 21 cctv cameras covering the inside and outside of the stadium.
The police however have officers with handheld cameras filming the guys in W7.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

That's an interesting point. The police regularly film this group of supporters, so we shouldn't really have to rely on the quality of St. Mirren's cctv emoji57.png

Maybe they are not actually recording due to costs but are using it as a deterrent.

Most normal people are quite happy to behave but we are looking at a small herd of animals who know exactly what their rights are, know CCTV is shit and know the police are not really filming at all. They also know that nobody around them will "grass them up". For tough stains on society like that, you need to throw everything in your power at them. They can be easily defeated if you do that but it needs someone with the balls to stand up to them and face them down.

Edited by oaksoft

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's as well I'm not Gordon. I would be shutting W7 down tonight until someone coughed up the names of these people.

CCTV operators - saw nothing

Police - saw nothing

Stewards - saw nothing

Why would supporters watching a match be any different ? - those three mechanisms are PAID to watch for this sort of behaviour and it seems all have failed.  Not saying it didn't happen or condoning it but as a club we are paying good money to protect against this sort of thing yet when allegations emerge it seems all the money has been in total vain and it's an appeal to fans to police the incident.  Something is far wrong as it's a recurring theme.  The club keeps making allegations but never seems to be able to back them up.  Given what has allegedly happened before Saturday you would expect even more vigilance yet it has totally failed yet again.  The club are just as culpable in this whole sorry affair 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, you are expecting Twitter to be as credible a source of information as your own club.

That's your error right there.

So you really believe that people spat and threw objects at an unconscious man on a stretcher?

There was clearly an incident. I do believe someone was spat on, and I do believe coins were thrown, but I don't think it was the unconscious Dundee United fan who was hit. Which is a key part of the story since the media are now all over it.

I've read comments from older lads who have no reason to lie, that Gordon is, at least partially, talking out of his arse 

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You are trying your best to deflect what is the real problem here. Everyone knows we have minority of wee fannies turning up at home and away games completely smashed out their face and bringing attention to themselves and those round about them. Anyone with half a brain would realise there are huge legal implications in releasing CCTV especially if under 18's are involved. 

I have no idea why the club would say this incident with the Dundee United fan happened if it did not and I am confident they will have some sort of CCTV which backs up what Police, Stewards and perhaps Ambulance or first aid staff (if they were the ones lifting the patient out the studium) say. 

I imagine the board have been forced to give a statement after the broadcast and written press got on the story through social media. Are you seriously suggesting the club have just made this up? Why?

I assume you will agree spitting and throwing coins at an injured Dundee United fan is the lowest of the low and that if it is proved a St Mirren supporter did this they should be in court and banned from every football ground for life.

Not deflecting anything. I'd like to see the footage though

If it's proven that our fans spat/threw coins on an unconscious guy on a stretcher, they deserve to face criminal charges - never mind banned from a football ground

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe they are not actually recording due to costs but are using it as a deterrent.
Most normal people are quite happy to behave but we are looking at a small herd of animals who know exactly what their rights are, know CCTV is shit and know the police are not really filming at all. They also know that nobody around them will "grass them up". For tough stains on society like that, you need to throw everything in your power at them. They can be easily defeated if you do that but it needs someone with the balls to stand up to them and face them down.
To be fair, this is the first we've heard about the cctv being shit. After the morelos incident our chief executive was all over the national media telling everyone that we had state of the art cctv which would identify the culprit and they'd be banned.
As fir the police, why would they have digital hand held recorders, but only kid on they were using them?

So based on the police watching and filming, the stewards observing and the cctv footage, I'm confident that we should be able to identify or further down the line release images to allow others to identify anyone undertaking these reprehensible acts.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ok , cheers

So how do they not know what happened ?
Well, the statement says they do know what happened, just don't know who is responsible.
The club haven't released any footage though this may be on police advice due to ongoing investigations.
The police generally seem to take weeks or months to release non football cctv appeals these days. Assuming they do it once they have exhausted other avenues of investigation.
If this isn't resolved in the coming days, I doubt it will be and we'll be left with the reputation of the supporters and club tarnished.

Guest TPAFKATS
Lets get Netflix involved, they did a pretty decent Sunderland AFC documentary. Better quality of picture than CCTV [emoji38]
Did they also make the framing a murderer series? [emoji3]

Gordon Scott has made an absolute laughing stock of the club today with that statement.

I'd love to know what the f**k he expects it to achieve.

We are getting lambasted from all angles on social media due to his personal vendetta against one section of our support.

If an incident happened and the law was broken let the police deal with it like every normal person. Wading in due to his own personal grievances has just embarrassed our club on a nationwide scale 

Edited by LargsBud

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

getting involved with these animals

41 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

a bunch of scumbags who are scraping the barrel of society

36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For tough stains on society like that

By the way, Oaky. We've had our differences in the past - but I'd like to think we've somewhat resolved that

If you're going to refer to people in W7 using derogatory terms - please make it clear that you're not tarring us all with the same brush. Not everyone in there is an animal/scumbag/stain on society

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Agreed, it does seem rather odd indeed.

However that said this incident is disgusting and I condemn the assailant and all his/her little fandan friends.

I do hope that the proper authorities are allowed to exert the required control and bring this sub human coward to justice.  Indeed if the decision were mine I would drag the coward through the streets of Paisley with both feet tied to a pony.  Decent people would be allowed to throw vegetables and rocks at the coward (but not the pony).  The coward would then be delivered to a specially commissioned altar stone temporarily placed on the centre circle at new Love Street.  Tony Fitzpatrick would then be invited to crush the cowards head under a jackboot with "authority" written thereon.  His/her brain matter would be left to dissipate into the grass (good plant feed I would imagine) whilst all the righteous little cowards friends gaze on, frightened to complain via social media lest the jackboot of authority be released upon them!!!!

If Tony Fitzpatrick is unavailable/unwilling perhaps the Panda can don the jackboot of authority!

But alas the decision is not mine.  Perhaps we should berate the authorities for daring to supervise our fanbase and perhaps offer cuddles to those who break the law in such a cowardly fashion.  Perhaps the jackbooted panda is just a crazy dream...........just a dream indeed.

So do you know it happened, and if so then presumably you know who did it Tom?

31 minutes ago, Doakes said:

So you really believe that people spat and threw objects at an unconscious man on a stretcher?

There was clearly an incident. I do believe someone was spat on, and I do believe coins were thrown, but I don't think it was the unconscious Dundee United fan who was hit. Which is a key part of the story since the media are now all over it.

I've read comments from older lads who have no reason to lie, that Gordon is, at least partially, talking out of his arse 

Not deflecting anything. I'd like to see the footage though

If it's proven that our fans spat/threw coins on an unconscious guy on a stretcher, they deserve to face criminal charges - never mind banned from a football ground

Out of interest Doakes what makes you believe someone was spat on and coins were thrown? Did you see anything or did a witness confirm this? I am not having a go and I am not blaming anyone in particular.