W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

At a loss to know why you quoted me, and added that post?

At a loss to know why you quoted me, and added that post?

I think it's called offering an alternate viewpoint and some corroboration.  A pity you have such a dogmatic viewpoint, apparently intelligent conversation; offering a moronic interpretation.  

Just now, mattman said:

I think you are getting your wires crossed there sir. 

Think it was known all along that spitting did happen, but not the way the club have described and certainly nothing about coins, although it shouldn’t happen in the first place the club haven’t done anyone favours the way they’ve reported it through hearsay. Not facts.

theres also allegations of arranged fighting etc which again are ALLEGATIONS. 

The full statement yesterday was a farce, from saying people are twisting things on social media instead of stating facts, to then post allegation on guess where... SOCIAL MEDIA.

Cringeworthy reading it.

You are claiming you knew about the spitting, Josh is claiming he knew about the spitting and coin throwing. So how do you know? Did you witness it or get the information from a reliable source? Is it not a fact that people spat and threw coins when at least one person in W7 has admitted it did happen?

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am not wading through 16 pages Mattman and I am not saying you denied it. But there have been umpteen denials that these incidents took place. One person near the beginning of this thread kept spouting about 'allegations with absolutely no evidence'. Well Josh has confirmed these things have happened.

That tweet from Josh (above) is from 22 hours ago. No-one had denied that something happened , just not what the club statement said. What happened was non-newsworthy , and happens every week in British football. But the clubs ridiculous and non-factual statement sees their own club condemned country-wide. Beggars belief !

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So if there are rumours of St Mirren fans being involved in arranged fights on matchdays do you think the club should investigate that or not? And if there are rumours of St Mirren fans throwing coins in our stadium do you think the club should investigate that or not?

Did I say they shouldn’t ? :blink:

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You are claiming you knew about the spitting, Josh is claiming he knew about the spitting and coin throwing. So how do you know? Did you witness it or get the information from a reliable source? Is it not a fact that people spat and threw coins when at least one person in W7 has admitted it did happen?

Your adding things on, he said someone spat, no coins. Does it matter ? Shouldn’t be happening in the first place. But the headline going around the uk saying st mirren fans spitting on unconcious Dundee United fan does not look good, as it’s no what happened !!!!! Even the victims boy has said so on twitter 

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

That tweet from Josh (above) is from 22 hours ago. No-one had denied that something happened , just not what the club statement said. What happened was non-newsworthy , and happens every week in British football. But the clubs ridiculous and non-factual statement sees their own club condemned country-wide. Beggars belief !

Did Rangers go to the national media when one of our young fans was hit by a bottle. Spitting and coin throwing is wrong but we should wash the dirty linen in house. 

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Your adding things on, he said someone spat, no coins. Does it matter ? Shouldn’t be happening in the first place. But the headline going around the uk saying st mirren fans spitting on unconcious Dundee United fan does not look good, as it’s no what happened !!!!! Even the victims boy has said so on twitter 

Exactly , the clubs hierarchy have got themselves in this mess by forgetting to engage their brains before speaking publicly.  Let them take the flak , they deserve it !

A lot of posters finding it hard to accept that they bought & paid for the shit-sandwich the board were hawking yesterday as a "Statement of Facts".

and that they should either accept quietly they were deceived, or call on the board to issue a complete retraction of the slanderous accusations they made against their own support.

piss on the pot, or get off fellas, that pot still stinks from the steaming mess the board dumped yesterday!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

A lot of posters finding it hard to accept that they bought & paid for the shit-sandwich the board were hawking yesterday as a "Statement of Facts".

and that they should either accept quietly they were deceived, or call on the board to issue a complete retraction of the slanderous accusations they made against their own support.

piss on the pot, or get off fellas, that pot still stinks from the steaming mess the board dumped yesterday!

The silence of our "offended" fans is deafening.They had plenty to say yesterday when "Strecher Gate" hit the Press but where are they today when we find it's Fake News?

The so called Fans who berated other Fans for an incident that didnt happen are every bit as guilty as whoever gave the ok for the press release.

Our chairman has slandered our own support , no one in the media is going to acknowledge a retraction. That said, a retraction needs to be made to clear up this mistake (?) in the eyes of our own fans.

Why is our chairman releasing public statements based on what appears to be Chinese whispers? The whole thing is weird beyond belief

1 minute ago, HSS said:

The silence of our "offended" fans is deafening.They had plenty to say yesterday when "Strecher Gate" hit the Press but where are they today when we find it's Fake News?

The so called Fans who berated other Fans for an incident that didnt happen are every bit as guilty as whoever gave the ok for the press release.

Add to that many of the faux offended dont even take in the odd game, but are still keen to be seen as Gordon's little fluffers.

The last time I heard of an incident at a st Mirren game the police went to the 2 guys doors. They had a banner. they were identified by one or some of the many cameras that our club has spent a lot of money on.failing the imaging on our expensive cameras. Then most of the fans  that sit in that section have season tickets. So again very easily identified. Plus there are stewards in that section of the stadium linked to the guy on the camera who is seeing these incidents happening that must be relaying the information to the stewards and police. So why this incident whent on without someone or many people being apprehended their and then is beyond me.

Just now, Doakes said:

Our chairman has slandered our own support , no one in the media is going to acknowledge a retraction. That said, a retraction needs to be made to clear up this mistake (?) in the eyes of our own fans.

Why is our chairman releasing public statements based on what appears to be Chinese whispers? The whole thing is weird beyond belief

Only my thoughts, but if i was one of the slandered buddies i' d would think "why the f**k do i need to attend a meeting with an MSP and the board" its their clusterf**k, they need to own it!

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The slanderous stories are still on BBC/STV and various other media websites today.

Only my thoughts, but if i was one of the slandered buddies i' d would think "why the f**k do i need to attend a meeting with an MSP and the board" its their clusterf**k, they need to own it!

The core Northbank guys have been pretty adult about it tbh, they' have their their own social media accounts, and haven't even posted a single thing against the club. From what I know, they are just trusting that the truth will come out.

Just now, HSS said:

The slanderous stories are still on BBC/STV and various other media websites today.

With individuals being falsely identified, and named in the acts that did not happen, this could cost the club if pursued through the legal system.

now this really is a "Shit-Storm", incidentally the chairman has issued a full and frank explanation below.

IMG_1764.JPG

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No-one has been slandered, as no-one has been named.

What should happen now is the club should conduct a full investigation to establish the facts. If they got it wrong over the injured fan, they should come out and say so, but if other incidents occurred that shouldn't have, fans should identify those responsible. 

54 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Once again.  

Two things are clear. 

Spitting did take place on the two DU fans. 

Josh was able to confirm this it seems. 

Three questions need to be answered. 

How exactly was he able to confirm this? 

Does he know who was involved? 

Has he reported them? 

And before anyone jumps onto my back.... No right thinking fan will give up on this until it's cleared up. 

The sooner the better. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Once again.  

Two things are clear. 

Spitting did take place on the two DU fans. 

Josh was able to confirm this it seems. 

Three questions need to be answered. 

How exactly was he able to confirm this? 

Does he know who was involved? 

Has he reported them? 

And before anyone jumps onto my back.... No right thinking fan will give up on this until it's cleared up. 

The sooner the better. 

What do you think about the false accusation that an unconscious fan in a stretcher was attacked?

1 minute ago, HSS said:

What do you think about the false accusation that an unconscious fan in a stretcher was attacked?

Happy to complain about that HSS and equally strongly. 

The truth is nobody's prisoner. 

It doesn't excuse the actual spitting that took place. 

Unfortunately in danger of making that look trivial. 

It's not.  

1 minute ago, HSS said:

Exactly ! The do-gooders want some of W7 to throw their fellow supporters to the wolves , but aren't bothered if the club aren't taken to task over the fairy tales masquerading as a club statement yesterday !