W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Happy to complain about that HSS and equally strongly. 

The truth is nobody's prisoner. 

It doesn't excuse the actual spitting that took place. 

Unfortunately in danger of making that look trivial. 

It's not.  

It's not trivial , it's disgusting , but it happens in most grounds every week , and is non-newsworthy. When was the last time you heard of anyone being charged with spitting ?

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No-one has been slandered, as no-one has been named.

What should happen now is the club should conduct a full investigation to establish the facts. If they got it wrong over the injured fan, they should come out and say so, but if other incidents occurred that shouldn't have, fans should identify those responsible. 

So the guy pulled out at the game, who the stewards tried to get the unconscious fan and family to make a FALSE statement stating he spat and threw a coin at him hasnt been publicly slandered..?

keep biting down on that shit sandwich Gordon made for ya!

1 minute ago, billyg said:

It's not trivial , it's disgusting , but it happens in most grounds every week , and is non-newsworthy. When was the last time you heard of anyone being charged with spitting ?

That makes it all right does it? 

BG

W7 at its best is great. 

This is not one of its best times. 

Sort it out is what myself and others have been saying. 

You know the alternative as well as I do. 

That would be a real shame. 

I'd miss the noise and colour. 

Meanwhile the BOD have some explainng to do. 

Now feel free to shoot me down for stating the absolutely obvious. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

BG

W7 at its best is great. 

How do ordinary supporters "sort out" libellous statements to the press accusing them? 

That there is the crime that is actually backed up by hard evidence, and corroborating statements from unconscious supporter and family. Its the board's self created, self harming Shit Storm.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

BG

W7 at its best is great. 

Ricky, the thread is about W7/Northbank treatment

The groups reputation has been massively damaged by these accusations, by our own club, that numerous people spat on & threw coins at a man who was, at the time, lying on a stretcher, unconscious

The group rely on people buying t shirts / stickers etc to fund displays. Who wants to wear the t shirt of a group who spit on unconscious people? The damage has been done in that regard. The club should be putting out a retraction ASAP

I fully agree that spitting on someone is rank, if they can be identified with evidence, they should indeed be banned. Our stadium policies are pretty clear on that. I could turn round and say "Lord PityMe spat on him, and threw a £2 coin", then get another 4 of my mates to say the same. Does that mean LPM should be banned? There's a process and policy for these things for good reason

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

The groups reputation has been massively damaged by these accusations, by our own club, that numerous people spat on & threw coins at a man who was, at the time, lying on a stretcher, unconscious

The group rely on people buying t shirts / stickers etc to fund displays. Who wants to wear the t shirt of a group who spit on unconscious people? The damage has been done in that regard. The club should be putting out a retraction ASAP

I fully agree that spitting on someone is rank, if they can be identified with evidence, they should indeed be banned. Our stadium policies are pretty clear on that. I could turn round and say "Lord PityMe spat on him, and threw a £2 coin", then get another 4 of my mates to say the same. Does that mean LPM should be banned? There's a process and policy for these things for good reason

"Threw a £2 coin?" You're having a laugh, thats almost two thirds the way to a pint!

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Where am I in disagreement with you Doakes? 

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Twitter appears to have more accurate information than what is being discussed on here..

and  ....

It also appears there was no 'attack' by Utd fans but the family of the injured guy following him out via W7 vomitory and being attacked with spit and coins from some in W7. So we have gone from complete denial anything happened to full admittance that these things did happen. Just no-one taking responsibility.

It's the same old story. You have to bloody drag the truth out of people from that group. It's denial, deflect, denial, deflect, partial admittance with a whole load of "buts" around it, more deflection, final acceptance that something DID happen but nobody willing to break the wall of collusion. And then folk wonder why the club doesn't trust any of them.

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So do you know it happened, and if so then presumably you know who did it Tom?

Oh your one of these

"I am easily offended, wait till I tell social media, oh authority I am so frightened of it, what a privileged little cow of a madam I am, how dare those whose job it is to administer justice look in my direction, I am so outraged, a steward looked at me and now I know how Nelson Mandela felt, I cant stand on chairs I am so oppressed, everyone has it in for me because I am so lower middle class, I eat beans once so I am instead so working class, fight the power,  you cant tell me what to do, eff the system until benefits day yeah once I get my benefits I will fight the system, its a conspiracy against people I don't really know but they are now my comrades, the system is corrupt I saw it on a programme about it on the BBC, you know the BBC I pay my licence fee for, free Tibet, down with the system, I know my rights and you offended me by eating waffles in a homophobic way, everyone is equal except me, well I am equal and I demand to be equal but when authority glances in my direction I get upset, don't treat me like everyone else as I am offended, don't single me out but treat me differently, I am important and I demand to be heard but pay me no attention, well pay me lots of attention but not the attention I don't crave, the club have made this up, every one is a liar, I respect everyone but I have no respect for anyone, cradle my humanity and stroke my ego, I am just like the great John MacLean except for all the brave bits, I demand justice, oh you know social justice not real justice, protect the spitter against the man, he/she is misunderstood, cuddle the spitter, its not like he/she is a real criminal like Starbucks, well he/she is a criminal but spitting is okay, well its not okay if you spit on me I would be first to report it but it wasn't me so its okay and I side with the oppressed, its an outrage"

Well I will leave you to be offended at whatever unimportant but massively dramatic issue is ruining your decaffeinated fair trade coffee served in a recyclable cup served with a quinoa and yak milk quiche.

Don't worry and don't be so outraged, judging by this thread you are far from the only one.

I am sure your sense of "social justice" will compel you to formulate some sort of outraged reply. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

The silence of our "offended" fans is deafening.They had plenty to say yesterday when "Strecher Gate" hit the Press but where are they today when we find it's Fake News?

Calm down sir, we've not gone away. Some of us have jobs. Some of us run our own businesses. We can't be on here all day and night. :lol:

Besides, it's a bit f**king rich coming across all smug when members of that group have confirmed people were spat at and coins were thrown.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

Again it seems there is more concern about our reputation than anything else.

Club reputation is far more important than a fight between a few neds, which is what this was. Not an unprovoked assault on an unconscious man on a stretcher

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Stand back.  No need to be defensive.  I'm attacking no one. 

Let's see how this unfolds. 

Re the bit in bold, how ironic! Because that's what the unconscious supporter and his family said what happened in regard to the club statement. 

You get that bit, right Rickshaw? The actual supposed victim and family even say it just didnt happen. 

24 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Oh your one of these

"I am easily offended, wait till I tell social media, oh authority I am so frightened of it, what a privileged little cow of a madam I am, how dare those whose job it is to administer justice look in my direction, I am so outraged, a steward looked at me and now I know how Nelson Mandela felt, I cant stand on chairs I am so oppressed, everyone has it in for me because I am so lower middle class, I eat beans once so I am instead so working class, fight the power,  you cant tell me what to do, eff the system until benefits day yeah once I get my benefits I will fight the system, its a conspiracy against people I don't really know but they are now my comrades, the system is corrupt I saw it on a programme about it on the BBC, you know the BBC I pay my licence fee for, free Tibet, down with the system, I know my rights and you offended me by eating waffles in a homophobic way, everyone is equal except me, well I am equal and I demand to be equal but when authority glances in my direction I get upset, don't treat me like everyone else as I am offended, don't single me out but treat me differently, I am important and I demand to be heard but pay me no attention, well pay me lots of attention but not the attention I don't crave, the club have made this up, every one is a liar, I respect everyone but I have no respect for anyone, cradle my humanity and stroke my ego, I am just like the great John MacLean except for all the brave bits, I demand justice, oh you know social justice not real justice, protect the spitter against the man, he/she is misunderstood, cuddle the spitter, its not like he/she is a real criminal like Starbucks, well he/she is a criminal but spitting is okay, well its not okay if you spit on me I would be first to report it but it wasn't me so its okay and I side with the oppressed, its an outrage"

Well I will leave you to be offended at whatever unimportant but massively dramatic issue is ruining your decaffeinated fair trade coffee served in a recyclable cup served with a quinoa and yak milk quiche.

Don't worry and don't be so outraged, judging by this thread you are far from the only one.

I am sure your sense of "social justice" will compel you to formulate some sort of outraged reply. 

So apart from being unable to quote any evidence, other than the quote on bold you lifted off 'tinternet. You got nothing to say about the board of SMFC printing and distributing to the media a libellous statement about its own supporters!

thought so.