W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

In fairness to our board, fan groups have historically scared the crap out of clubs due to events which have nothing to do with football. It took years to eradicate violent groups from our game up here. Jack would not have been liable for any problems so it's easy for him to say this group should have been more supported. I think the W7 boys should just be more aware of exacly what fears the club have over their emergence and accept that trust needs to be built in both directions. Unfortunately some of the group have pushed the boundaries and a negative reaction from the club is understandable. The problem IMO is that you have a board with legal liabilities and a group of people who don't appear to want to acknowledge that. I think the onus here is on W7 to make the ncessary moves to convince the club that they are not a bunch of spitting, coin throwing, fight organising thugs and right now they are making a total arse of that.

This above does not sound judgmental at all to me, it actually sounds extremely reasonable, I know nothing personally of the W7 group but have no doubt the vast majority are simplify saints fans doing their own thing, the problem is there is always some silly bugger who 'pushes it' ..........just a little bit and therein lies the problems.  Nobody spat? well apparently they did,> No coins were thrown? again, it seems there was at least one.  Now none of these 'happenings' occurred within the 'worst case scenario' most now accept that; but the thing is blank denials simply stoke the flames .  I have no wish to prolong the debate really but again calling Oaksoft judgmental for offering a reasoned opinion is akin to 'nae it wisnae me mister'.

My point is about organized fights I have never seen these take place. I agree with what you are saying regarding the legal side of the club. Oaksoft is accusing them of organised fights where is this proof of this ? 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
16 minutes ago, jaybee said:

In fairness to our board, fan groups have historically scared the crap out of clubs due to events which have nothing to do with football. It took years to eradicate violent groups from our game up here. Jack would not have been liable for any problems so it's easy for him to say this group should have been more supported. I think the W7 boys should just be more aware of exacly what fears the club have over their emergence and accept that trust needs to be built in both directions. Unfortunately some of the group have pushed the boundaries and a negative reaction from the club is understandable. The problem IMO is that you have a board with legal liabilities and a group of people who don't appear to want to acknowledge that. I think the onus here is on W7 to make the ncessary moves to convince the club that they are not a bunch of spitting, coin throwing, fight organising thugs and right now they are making a total arse of that.

This above does not sound judgmental at all to me, it actually sounds extremely reasonable, I know nothing personally of the W7 group but have no doubt the vast majority are simplify saints fans doing their own thing, the problem is there is always some silly bugger who 'pushes it' ..........just a little bit and therein lies the problems.  Nobody spat? well apparently they did,> No coins were thrown? again, it seems there was at least one.  Now none of these 'happenings' occurred within the 'worst case scenario' most now accept that; but the thing is blank denials simply stoke the flames .  I have no wish to prolong the debate really but again calling Oaksoft judgmental for offering a reasoned opinion is akin to 'nae it wisnae me mister'.

My point is about organized fights I have never seen these take place. I agree with what you are saying regarding the legal side of the club. Oaksoft is accusing them of organised fights where is this proof of this ? 

Well there did used to be exactly that, I am off an age that recalls exactly what he says, perhaps organised is a little to pat, lets just say those involved were ready and perhaps even spoiling for a fight, however I am talking many many moons ago...........different days really, but he speaks the truth, or a past truth at least.  I can't really 'read that' into what he has written; because it did take a long time to get rid of that 'casual' element within the game in general and I don't just mean at St Mirren.  I just think the W7 group are letting theirselves down by accepting  as Oakes says 'the few numpties' among them, their group, their thing and their responsibility to make numpties behave.

9 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Because it's against stadium rules which people are breaking.  

Doesn't seem to be against stadium rules when the ugly sisters come to Town.

Edited by HSS

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Well there did used to be exactly that, I am off an age that recalls exactly what he says, perhaps organised is a little to pat, lets just say those involved were ready and perhaps even spoiling for a fight, however I am talking many many moons ago...........different days really, but he speaks the truth, or a past truth at least.  I can't really 'read that' into what he has written; because it did take a long time to get rid of that 'casual' element within the game in general and I don't just mean at St Mirren.  I just think the W7 group are letting theirselves down by accepting  as Oakes says 'the few numpties' among them, their group, their thing and their responsibility to make numpties behave.

Haha it would be an almighty stretch to compare what we've got now to casuals or any of that stuff. 

The group do actually self police more than you'd think. Not always easy to stop something happening in a split second in a crowd of people though. It's normally the stewards/CCTV's job to keep an eye on that, if people take the risk to act like idiots, I've got zero sympathy for them when they get banned 

6 hours ago, Doakes said:

I'd invite Oaksoft to come and stand in W7 for a game, might just change his opinion!B)

You get a few wee numpties but it's far far away from the "bunch of thugs" picture that some like to paint

No no no. If I came along and found out that actually these guys were perfectly decent people who were easy to get on with, I would have nothing to moan about on here. Why would you deny me that? :D

2 hours ago, Doakes said:
5 hours ago, jaybee said:

Haha it would be an almighty stretch to compare what we've got now to casuals or any of that stuff. 

The group do actually self police more than you'd think. Not always easy to stop something happening in a split second in a crowd of people though. It's normally the stewards/CCTV's job to keep an eye on that, if people take the risk to act like idiots, I've got zero sympathy for them when they get banned 

Fair comment . like I said different days and yes I can appreciate younger people do tend to act or perhaps react with perhaps less inhibitions than someone 'older', however I do remember (vaguely) jumping about like a lunatic in the old ground when we scored and yes we do supposedly have CCTV to identify  the perpetrators, it just is such a shame since the good feeling that arose from withing the singing, drums etc now seems to be spoiled somewhat.  Perhaps it's time to stop assigning blame and just get it sorted.  And by the way I am glad to see the back of 'casuals' as far as supposed football supporters goes.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Are our Board ever going to apologise for that false accusation?

That was my thought when I saw this thread.

Not going to dwell on it or let it distract from supporting the team, but to me its a clear warning not to trust the people running the club as I did before. Combined with my concerns over how money has been wasted over the past couple of years it has me looking at things very differently now.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Not going to dwell on it or let it distract from supporting the team, but to me its a clear warning not to trust the people running the club as I did before. Combined with my concerns over how money has been wasted over the past couple of years it has me looking at things very differently now.

They /he will not retract the statement and i,m told it was watered down as he wanted to say so much more.. I have not been asked to the meeting tomorrow but no surprise there as my relationship with the club is at an all time low but its funny how they were all my pals when getting Kyle to sign a contract extension.

Seems to me that things are pretty clear, not on the most recent incident itself, but on the differing responsibilities of both parties.  The board have set out rules for those attending matches which comply with League rules ant Health and Safety requirements.  They also take advice or guidance from the Police and other authorities and are granted a license and insured to comply with these.  Those attending, including me,  buy a ticket in the knowledge that we need to comply with these or risk ejection, banning and possibly police action. There is no defence in the argument that XYZ fans get away with whatever.  The meeting will,  I'm sure, reiterate these basic facts to which any right thinking person would agree.  Then everybody can move on, identify the culprit and phathom coin thrower and move on. Sorted. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

They /he will not retract the statement and i,m told it was watered down as he wanted to say so much more.. I have not been asked to the meeting tomorrow but no surprise there as my relationship with the club is at an all time low but its funny how they were all my pals when getting Kyle to sign a contract extension.

FFS Cringe!

Get over yourself :lol:

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:
3 hours ago, Kemp said:

I see we have two REAL St Mirren supporters here, I don't know either of you and I do not think I would like to either.  Kemp says "Not going to dwell on it or let it distract from supporting the team, but................."  Well ! quite clearly they are not doing things properly, properly I assume is HIS way MMMMMMMMMMMMMm.

His friend (my assumption) northendsaint; seems to be fairly well connected since he is implying that he helped to get Kyle to sign a new contract extension; (this may be the case or not, I don't know) but again quite obviously the Board (they/he) are not fully appreciative of this; since they now seem not to have invited him to some fairly important meeting, (it seems like they have fallen out somewhat).

My wider point really is if you are a fan then support the team, what you have put out here is 'sour grapes' yes they do taste like shit, don't they?B)

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I see we have two REAL St Mirren supporters here, I don't know either of you and I do not think I would like to either.  Kemp says "Not going to dwell on it or let it distract from supporting the team, but................."  Well ! quite clearly they are not doing things properly, properly I assume is HIS way MMMMMMMMMMMMMm.

His friend (my assumption) northendsaint; seems to be fairly well connected since he is implying that he helped to get Kyle to sign a new contract extension; (this may be the case or not, I don't know) but again quite obviously the Board (they/he) are not fully appreciative of this; since they now seem not to have invited him to some fairly important meeting, (it seems like they have fallen out somewhat).

My wider point really is if you are a fan then support the team, what you have put out here is 'sour grapes' yes they do taste like shit, don't they?B)

I'm 100% sure northendsaint runs a bus for sure a well known Saints fan and a top man. 

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

For as long as I remember, there has always been folk who have never trust people who run our club, our government, our trains, buses, banks  etc, etc. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh dear

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

I see we have two REAL St Mirren supporters here, I don't know either of you and I do not think I would like to either.  llen out somewhat).

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FFS Cringe!

You two are making fools of yourself as usual.

Northendsaint is well known by any Saints fan, having volunteered at the club for many decades and running a supporters bus all round the country. 

I don't think anyone knows who either of you two are as you prefer to just sit and insult everyone online but would never have the guts to come and talk to anyone at a game.

If a lot of the most committed Saints fans feel like they are being driven away from the club then its something that should be paid attention to.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:
11 hours ago, jaybee said:

I see we have two REAL St Mirren supporters here, I don't know either of you and I do not think I would like to either.  llen out somewhat).

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FFS Cringe!

You two are making fools of yourself as usual.

Northendsaint is well known by any Saints fan, having volunteered at the club for many decades and running a supporters bus all round the country. 

I don't think anyone knows who either of you two are as you prefer to just sit and insult everyone online but would never have the guts to come and talk to anyone at a game.

If a lot of the most committed Saints fans feel like they are being driven away from the club then its something that should be paid attention to.

I wouldn't have expected anything better from you dear sir, my comments; that I would not particularly like to know; either you or northendsaint were based on those specific posts. Northendsaints because he was greeting like a wean at not being appreciated or kept in the loop re this latest meeting (which I assume is to do with W7). If you were to simply read what is written it is fairly obvious my only issue with him is his whinging; re the clubs lack of appreciation and exclusion from this meeting. I have read from other posters that he is and has been a long term supporter and activist within the club which is excellent as we do need more people like him, but it does not mean that I cannot comment on him spitting out his dummy, I mean this is a Forum and that's the point of said Forum.

As for you, well below are your 4 posts previous to the one castigating Oaksoft and myself for daring to challenge your opinion!  My interpretation of these posts is you are a shit stirrer who doesn't like the current owner/ board/,  You may well have offered more positive posts but since I think your an arsehole why would I bother to look.  If you on the other hand were to check my posts you would find that I try to be positive; even humorous at times, although I do challenge people when I think it appropriate, I also get it wrong occasionally and if so I will then apologise or retract whatever was out of order.  I do NOT insult everyone on-line; only those (like yourself) who in my opinion deserve it.  As for talking to people at the game, I would love to; however currently; because of where I live and health issues I am unable to travel to many games but from around 1957 to 2003 I probably attended way over 90% of home and away games, how does your attendance match that.  Your problem my friend is you have a big mouth and you open it without thinking too much, my problem is I don't like that and I bite back, I still think northendsaint is a cry baby for his whinging, but that apart he sounds a decent bloke. you are still an arsehole though. :P

Are our Board ever going to apologise for that false accusation? That was my thought when I saw this thread.

•  

Why the f**k are the club not releasing the CCTV footage if this incident happened as they said it did?

Never seen a club work so hard to drag its own name through the mud

On 2/13/2019 at 1:32 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Sorry whether the club makes a statement or not once something hits social media (i.e. injured DUFC fan hit by coins and spat at on a stretcher) all other clubs fans will be all over the story the same when as happened when Aberdeen fans were hit by bottles by Rangers fans. Did Dave King ever issue a statement about the incident? Nope,  but it was well known among fans of other clubs. 

The quest to turn this into another thing to blame the board / GLS / Tony Fitzpatrick for is mind boggling. Even the way this thread began, with claims of W7 being persecuted by the club and the police... hey ho the only fact not mention in the early posts is an injured DUFC on a stretcher being spat at and hit with coins while being taken from the ground to hospital for treatment for a head injury.

Only problem is.....the story isn't true.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, jaybee said:

Gotta disagree here my friend, in todays PC world nobody can justify chucking coins at anyone (ned or not) and yes you are spot on re the spitting a filthy denegrating thing to do to anyone least of all someone down on the floor possibly hurt .............. SCUM 

What does "PC" have to do with anything? :lol:

The consensus actually seems to be that there was no coin throwing at all, but the United fans that ran over from the away end to W7 were spat at. That's disgusting and those who did it should be banned (before their gob lands on any of us!)

The question of course is why the club are allowing away fans to invade the pitch and get at home fans, but anyway....

As pointed out above, the story that made national news is of an unconscious body being spat on by St Mirren fans. The club need to provide evidence this happened or fire whoever is responsible for putting out this statement.

•