W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

• 3 weeks later...

Near an age of obscurity when I should really be knocking all these young whipper snappers of the modern era and reminiscing over those halcyon days when our generation were all angels. I have to say I thought the young team were outstanding at Perth. Their support was unfaltering throughout the match.

I do have my reservations about the way the authorities dealt with some of the more mature members of our support. I was sitting well in front of the North Bank and therefore  wasn't watching what was going on behind me but a sudden influx of stewards and police rushing up the stairs attracted my attention. I'm not sure what encouraged such a rapid response but after much discussion between stewards, police and fans in the North Bank the incident fizzled out and the high vis jackets all faded back to where ever they had come from. Judging by their rapid deployment and sheer numbers I assume some massive security or safety threat must have presented itself but I am still in the dark as to what danger I was in or how my safety was enhanced by their actions.

My enjoyment of the spectacle I had paid to watch was disrupted but to be fair how any of us could have enjoyed that performance is up for debate.

An old guy. I use that term loosely, as he was probably ages with myself, was standing near one of the exits below me. His attention had also been attracted by the stewarding activities around our vociferous young choir and he joined in one of their melodies with great gusto bounced twice and rose his arms in the air to give them some encouragement. With out a word of warning the head steward orchestrated his removal from the ground.

It is entirely possible that this man had committed some heinous offence prior to attracting my attention but he looked harmless and I could see nothing about his actions which caused alarm, danger or even annoyance to any other spectators. Maybe once again I had been saved from impending disaster because of swift stewarding action and the guy who had spent all that money not just to enter the ground but to travel all the way from Paisley to be entertained at a sporting event deserved to be short changed and thrown out on his ear miles from home long before the game ended.

There is a big discussion ongoing about Football fans being criminalised for being Football fans and whilst I agree instances of misbehaviour have to be stamped out sometimes I wonder if fans might have a point.

The stewards at Perth may have been acting in our best interests but to the casual observer it looked like overreaction, overkill and a horrendous abuse of the power they have been given to ensure our safety.

No doubt I'm mistaken. It happens every other week. They must know what they are doing.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
stewarding the post

17 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Near an age of obscurity when I should really be knocking all these young whipper snappers of the modern era and reminiscing over those halcyon days when our generation were all angels. I have to say I thought the young team were outstanding at Perth. Their support was unfaltering throughout the match.

I do have my reservations about the way the authorities dealt with some of the more mature members of our support. I was sitting well in front of the North Bank and therefore  wasn't watching what was going on behind me but a sudden influx of stewards and police rushing up the stairs attracted my attention. I'm not sure what encouraged such a rapid response but after much discussion between stewards, police and fans in the North Bank the incident fizzled out and the high vis jackets all faded back to where ever they had come from. Judging by their rapid deployment and sheer numbers I assume some massive security or safety threat must have presented itself but I am still in the dark as to what danger I was in or how my safety was enhanced by their actions.

My enjoyment of the spectacle I had paid to watch was disrupted but to be fair how any of us could have enjoyed that performance is up for debate.

An old guy. I use that term loosely, as he was probably ages with myself, was standing near one of the exits below me. His attention had also been attracted by the stewarding activities around our vociferous young choir and he joined in one of their melodies with great gusto bounced twice and rose his arms in the air to give them some encouragement. With out a word of warning the head steward orchestrated his removal from the ground.

It is entirely possible that this man had committed some heinous offence prior to attracting my attention but he looked harmless and I could see nothing about his actions which caused alarm, danger or even annoyance to any other spectators. Maybe once again I had been saved from impending disaster because of swift stewarding action and the guy who had spent all that money not just to enter the ground but to travel all the way from Paisley to be entertained at a sporting event deserved to be short changed and thrown out on his ear miles from home long before the game ended.

There is a big discussion ongoing about Football fans being criminalised for being Football fans and whilst I agree instances of misbehaviour have to be stamped out sometimes I wonder if fans might have a point.

The stewards at Perth may have been acting in our best interests but to the casual observer it looked like overreaction, overkill and a horrendous abuse of the power they have been given to ensure our safety.

No doubt I'm mistaken. It happens every other week. They must know what they are doing.

Great post mate, wonder if the stewards would act the same with both bigot fans in town?

20 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

If the old guy had stopped singing along with the W7 crew and started singing the Sash then the stewards would have left him alone - his own fault.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

This is a very good post.

Let me add, as I walked in to the ground in Perth two police officers charged at me......

....and charged past me (said excuse me as they went) and sprinted as hard as they could to get down the stairs to a St Mirren fan who had fallen over a couple of seats and might have been in distress (its been referenced elsewhere on the forum I think). Young guys doing their job, looking to help.

The stewards causing trouble towards the end of the game had a look of panicked cunts about them.

Too much power + lack of training. Its a dangerous mix.

We have the best support in Scotland, and as a fellow auld bastard let me say I'm very impressed by the good humour and grace our young supporters carry.

Edited by Kemp

Was a bit noisier than usual..still far from a great atmosphere..little to no atmosphere...

Wait a goddam minute you cocksucking f**kface . Didn’t you say you weren’t going today ?
Can’t say you were missed you rat shit waste of a decent wank .
People like you we can do without .
You are a shit stirring attention seeking oxygen thief , f**k the f**k off and give us all some peace.... and take your wanky wankstain negative Naysayers With you.

Have a lovely evening .

17 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wait a goddam minute you cocksucking f**kface . Didn’t you say you weren’t going today ?
Can’t say you were missed you rat shit waste of a decent wank .
People like you we can do without .
You are a shit stirring attention seeking oxygen thief , f**k the f**k off and give us all some peace.... and take your wanky wankstain negative Naysayers With you.

Have a lovely evening .

Well i did go ya fandango...take it your a W7 hardman schoolboy...absolute banger..get tae bed after your 2 cans dark fruits..

Well i did go ya fandango...take it your a W7 hardman schoolboy...absolute banger..get tae bed after your 2 cans dark fruits..

Eh , nope , nope & nope.

Nae booze , just enjoy seeing the likes of you making an absolute dick of themselves .

Schoolboy ? Eh , Naw !! Enough people on here know me to back that up !

You sir are a troll / dick / old firm supporter / absolute wank. (Delete as appropriate)

• 1 month later...

With us at this crucial stage of the season,  should we really be concentrating on this old news ? The " Chairman's update " thread is torturous enough- do we really need more negative pish ? 

10 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Please don't drag this kinda nonsense up again, really not needed at the moment

For once I agree.

3 weeks time yes let's get stuck into discussing this because it's clearly a problem.

Right now though, we need to retain as much positivity as possible for the run-in.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:40 AM, alanb said:

I note from the SMiSA AGM minutes item 1 that the Saints fans are rated as the 5th most difficult to police according to Police Scotland.

Wonder how that is quantified, not having heard of numerous arrests and banning orders.

. .or fireworks(even of a military grade) for that matter. .