W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

As I've said above throwing coins at some neds running out of the away stand is an entirely different thing from spitting on the body of an unconscious person being taken away on a stretcher.

Given the gravity of the 2nd accusation, the CCTV evidence should be put out there.

Gotta disagree here my friend, in todays PC world nobody can justify chucking coins at anyone (ned or not) and yes you are spot on re the spitting a filthy denegrating thing to do to anyone least of all someone down on the floor possibly hurt .............. SCUM 

8 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I suppose it’s all down to the context, spitting on an injured fan on a stretcher is as bad as it gets (not that spitting on people in general isn’t abhorrent) I do get the feeling of Chinese whispers from this whole scenario. I just can’t believe that if an away supporter was spat on while being taken to A&E that every DUTD fan would have known about it, yet there was nothing mentioned about it until the club press release today? 

I accept that and have said so in a reply to Kemp. 

What we have is an incident downgraded (apparently) from totally unacceptable to one which is wholly unaceptable.

Have the guts to offer up the culprits and end the matter and move on. 

Whoever they are,  new boys or old hands,  they should know they are not welcome at the park and banned.

Police and Fiscal should investigate and prosecute if these can be proved to the standard need by a court. 

These incidents are escalating and need to stop before serious damage is done. 

Who would bring their kids along into this atmosphere. 

We want our Old w7 Back.. Minus the Egos and troublemakers 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Gotta disagree here my friend, in todays PC world nobody can justify chucking coins at anyone (ned or not) and yes you are spot on re the spitting a filthy denegrating thing to do to anyone least of all someone down on the floor possibly hurt .............. SCUM 

I don’t understand? did the grounds men find lots of coins on the pitch side? Did the stewards witness spitting? I am not even sure that the guy with the head injury even went through W7 , the club can’t verify any of these claims. 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t understand? did the grounds men find lots of coins on the pitch side? Did the stewards witness spitting? I am not even sure that the guy with the head injury even went through W7 , the club can’t verify any of these claims. 

The first rule of the defence is to cast doubt on the accusers  

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Yes I must admit there seems a lot of ifs and buts and possibly some people who are less than truthful in what they saw or otherwise, however my points still stand, in today's world neither the club or the fans can permit anyone to act in such a stupid manner and if a few arses need kicking into touch, then so be it.

2 minutes ago, garzo said:

Genuine question. 

Whats the role of our SLO fans & SMISA board representatives as buffers in this situation?

Earlier comments by w7 members aoperared to damn the SLO with the faintest of praise. 

I got the drift..  Only direct talks with the board will do. 

Let’s hope this is settled quickly and we can get back to what we are good at ( being happyclappingknickerwetters) this has got to go down as one of the worst seasons I can remember at the club, lost good manager, sacked replacement, lost goalkeeper with a day notice, 40 players and a novice manager, what next ..... roll on season 2019/20 

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Let’s hope this is settled quickly and we can get back to what we are good at ( being happyclappingknickerwetters) this has got to go down as one of the worst seasons I can remember at the club, lost good manager, sacked replacement, lost goalkeeper with a day notice, 40 players and a novice manager, what next ..... roll on season 2019/20 

ave a wee swally and orf to bed B)

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Earlier comments by w7 members aoperared to damn the SLO with the faintest of praise. 

I got the drift..  Only direct talks with the board will do. 

Ah ok. 

Was thinking from the other direction. Perhaps the board seeking advice from fan representation on general feeling & tone in approach before putting out allegations as facts?

can be sorted tomorrow by the culprits involved in the confirmed events being named and handed over to the police

This will protect the good name of the Club and W7

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The first rule of the defence is to cast doubt on the accusers  

I am sorry if it came across like that Ricky, I am certainly not taking sides on the issue, just offering some objective observations. 

I don't think Ricky was being contentious when he said that, just realistic or perhaps idealistic, something went on, but no one did anything .likely?  not really, equally as someone else said they aren't very likely to dob each other in, which unfortunately just points to the immaturity of many who are, were, or might be involved.  Smoke, no fire, possible but (ask a Fireman) very unlikely.

22 minutes ago, jaybee said:

What does "PC" have to do with anything? :lol:

The consensus actually seems to be that there was no coin throwing at all, but the United fans that ran over from the away end to W7 were spat at. That's disgusting and those who did it should be banned (before their gob lands on any of us!)

The question of course is why the club are allowing away fans to invade the pitch and get at home fans, but anyway....

As pointed out above, the story that made national news is of an unconscious body being spat on by St Mirren fans. The club need to provide evidence this happened or fire whoever is responsible for putting out this statement.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

can be sorted tomorrow by the culprits involved in the confirmed events being named and handed over to the police

This will protect the good name of the Club and W7

Nonsense.  Shouldn't happen and won't happen. It's a storm in a teacup as usual , something that happens every week somewhere in Scottish football , and no-one bats an eye. As I said about a lifetime ago , what the club said in it's official mistake earlier was completely wrong, and should now be officially withdrawn . The idiots here are the club officials who fuelled a media storm against their own club by releasing a statement which was at best , misguided !

I'm totally amazed a Professional Football Club would put this on their Official Website without being 110% certain of their facts.

If,as thought,this did not happen then someone has an awful lot of explaining to do.

I believe it's being looked at by VAR but its looking a costly own goal.

Screenshot_20190212-234054_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by HSS

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

The consensus actually seems to be that there was no coin throwing at all, but the United fans that ran over from the away end to W7 were spat at. That's disgusting and those who did it should be banned (before their gob lands on any of us!)

The question of course is why the club are allowing away fans to invade the pitch and get at home fans, but anyway....

As pointed out above, the story that made national news is of an unconscious body being spat on by St Mirren fans. The club need to provide evidence this happened or fire whoever is responsible for putting out this statement.

Oh gosh so sorry I really didn't realise you had a friend called consensus who was actually there, my sincere apologies.  As for PC, ave a read (if you can )https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

40 minutes ago, jaybee said:
44 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Oh gosh so sorry I really didn't realise you had a friend called consensus who was actually there, my sincere apologies.  As for PC, ave a read (if you can )https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

Just to respond to the confused face.   I was not trying to be nasty or sarcic (well perhaps a little) however this it wisnae us it wis them wont really work nowadays, all I said along with several other people is that if something happened then whoever was involved has not got a leg to stand on, gobing on anyone is not on, and even though it might seem not so severe, neither is chucking coins at them.  Nobody is looking good in the current scenario, but blindly ignoring what happened seems silly to me. Peace bro :D

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I'm totally amazed a Professional Football Club would put this on their Official Website without being 110% certain of their facts.

If,as thought,this did not happen then someone has an awful lot of explaining to do.

I believe it's being looked at by VAR but its looking a costly own goal.

Me too tottttttttally amazed that you managed to construct so much crap in so short a time, denying anything happened is symptomatic of some people on here and looking for VAR to sort it out shows an amazing sense of illiteracy as to be stupendous. Do you even know what VAR is?  

6 hours ago, Doakes said:

Sorry whether the club makes a statement or not once something hits social media (i.e. injured DUFC fan hit by coins and spat at on a stretcher) all other clubs fans will be all over the story the same when as happened when Aberdeen fans were hit by bottles by Rangers fans. Did Dave King ever issue a statement about the incident? Nope,  but it was well known among fans of other clubs. 

The quest to turn this into another thing to blame the board / GLS / Tony Fitzpatrick for is mind boggling. Even the way this thread began, with claims of W7 being persecuted by the club and the police... hey ho the only fact not mention in the early posts is an injured DUFC on a stretcher being spat at and hit with coins while being taken from the ground to hospital for treatment for a head injury.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Sorry whether the club makes a statement or not once something hits social media (i.e. injured DUFC fan hit by coins and spat at on a stretcher) all other clubs fans will be all over the story the same when as happened when Aberdeen fans were hit by bottles by Rangers fans. Did Dave King ever issue a statement about the incident? Nope,  but it was well known among fans of other clubs. 

The quest to turn this into another thing to blame the board / GLS / Tony Fitzpatrick for is mind boggling. Even the way this thread began, with claims of W7 being persecuted by the club and the police... hey ho the only fact not mention in the early posts is an injured DUFC on a stretcher being spat at and hit with coins while being taken from the ground to hospital for treatment for a head injury.

Only problem is.....the story isn't true.

The club & W7 really need to get this all sorted out, our club has now been dragged through the mud now with the media. I think something had happened but maybe nit to the extent that’s been reported. GLS & W7 have done nothing over the months to sort the differences our. Time both of them sat down & talk to each other & get to the bottom of this, the football is bad enough without all this on top of it.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Only problem is.....the story isn't true.

Problem is that deflection is taking place Kemp. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

The guys in W7 need to step up and finger the miscreants who spat and/or threw coins on saturday at whoever they were aimed at.

I would hate to think that people felt too intimidated to come forward and do the right thing.

Thereafter - W7 should meet with the others noted earlier.

Personally, I wouldnt include Josh

He has now become a separate issue from W7

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Problem is that deflection is taking place Kemp. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

The guys in W7 need to step up and finger the miscreants who spat and/or threw coins on saturday at whoever they were aimed at.

I would hate to think that people felt too intimidated to come forward and do the right thing.

Thereafter - W7 should meet with the others noted earlier.

Personally, I wouldnt include Josh

He has now become a separate issue from W7

You're as bad as the chairman.  

It will be interesting to see if there's a corrected statement put out in the national press,  followed by an apology? 

The season from hell.