W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

What a completely depressing thread this is  so sad we are meant to be buddies together. I really can't understand the boards statement on this . The way the police approached the young ones going in the w6-w7 at the motherwell game turnstiles was embarrassing 13-14y/o kids getting searched before and after . 

Aye & they are all innocent [emoji56]

2 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SrA29ktjw4&t=375s

Just watching this and Jack just spoke about W7 and  singing praises of Josh. Said club could have been more supportive. (Around 15 mins in)

In fairness to our board, fan groups have historically scared the crap out of clubs due to events which have nothing to do with football. It took years to eradicate violent groups from our game up here. Jack would not have been liable for any problems so it's easy for him to say this group should have been more supported. I think the W7 boys should just be more aware of exacly what fears the club have over their emergence and accept that trust needs to be built in both directions. Unfortunately some of the group have pushed the boundaries and a negative reaction from the club is understandable. The problem IMO is that you have a board with legal liabilities and a group of people who don't appear to want to acknowledge that. I think the onus here is on W7 to make the ncessary moves to convince the club that they are not a bunch of spitting, coin throwing, fight organising thugs and right now they are making a total arse of that.

6 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SrA29ktjw4&t=375s

Just watching this and Jack just spoke about W7 and  singing praises of Josh. Said club could have been more supportive. (Around 15 mins in)

Well Jack can take Josh to Sunderland as well and he can cause trouble down there....

Edited by gstretchuk

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness to our board, fan groups have historically scared the crap out of clubs due to events which have nothing to do with football. It took years to eradicate violent groups from our game up here. Jack would not have been liable for any problems so it's easy for him to say this group should have been more supported. I think the W7 boys should just be more aware of exacly what fears the club have over their emergence and accept that trust needs to be built in both directions. Unfortunately some of the group have pushed the boundaries and a negative reaction from the club is understandable. The problem IMO is that you have a board with legal liabilities and a group of people who don't appear to want to acknowledge that. I think the onus here is on W7 to make the ncessary moves to convince the club that they are not a bunch of spitting, coin throwing, fight organising thugs and right now they are making a total arse of that.

I dont write much on this because I don't sit in W7 therefore no nothing that goes on there apart from it looks as though they are trying to create a bit of atmosphere. You seem to know a lot more I take it you are part of the group ? Or assuming what you think goes on ? Yes a coin thrown is documented. Someone spat has been reported. Fact is the person in the streacher family have came forward and said at no time was he spat on or hit with a coin. There is going to be a official meeting with this group it does not need a sweetie wife input. Of all the games home or away I have never seen a fight. Where did you see this happen ? Stop kicking up the dirt and let their official meeting take place. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I'd invite Oaksoft to come and stand in W7 for a game, might just change his opinion!B)

You get a few wee numpties but it's far far away from the "bunch of thugs" picture that some like to paint

A very judgmental person surprised you would him anywhere near W7

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
2 hours ago, Doakes said:

I'd invite Oaksoft to come and stand in W7 for a game, might just change his opinion!B)

You get a few wee numpties but it's far far away from the "bunch of thugs" picture that some like to paint

A very judgmental person surprised you would him anywhere near W7

This above does not sound judgmental at all to me, it actually sounds extremely reasonable, I know nothing personally of the W7 group but have no doubt the vast majority are simplify saints fans doing their own thing, the problem is there is always some silly bugger who 'pushes it' ..........just a little bit and therein lies the problems.  Nobody spat? well apparently they did,> No coins were thrown? again, it seems there was at least one.  Now none of these 'happenings' occurred within the 'worst case scenario' most now accept that; but the thing is blank denials simply stoke the flames .  I have no wish to prolong the debate really but again calling Oaksoft judgmental for offering a reasoned opinion is akin to 'nae it wisnae me mister'.