W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well,  I'm glad that didn't go down we'll as we have our seats there in W4 and we previously sat/stood  in the north bank. 

End of a stand seems to be the winner.  

Alternatively,  the present family stand is rarely full. 

Might they move there and a Family Section created in the West or Home Stands? 

Just looking at alternatives. 

I wouldn’t have a problem with it being within the family stand, but I think a few more people might object to the stand being given to the OF if that was the case. 

Well,  I'm glad that didn't go down we'll as we have our seats there in W4 and we previously sat/stood  in the north bank. 
End of a stand seems to be the winner.  
Alternatively,  the present family stand is rarely full. 
Might they move there and a Family Section created in the West or Home Stands? 
Just looking at alternatives. 

All this talk of moving sections around is simply nonsense. 1) The Family Stand have a "no swearing" policy so that families can bring their young children to watch the game. How do you intend to enforce that if they get moved into the West Stand?

2) No one from the West Stand should be getting moved. Most of the guys/girls in that stand are regulars and have been going to the stadium since opening day. Why should they have to move?

The current system is fine, everyone is happy enough in their own section. The only issue here is the heavy handed stewards and polis in W7. Hopefully this issue is resolved quickly.

6 minutes ago, NB18 said:

All this talk of moving sections around is simply nonsense. 1) The Family Stand have a "no swearing" policy so that families can bring their young children to watch the game. How do you intend to enforce that if they get moved into the West Stand?

2) No one from the West Stand should be getting moved. Most of the guys/girls in that stand are regulars and have been going to the stadium since opening day. Why should they have to move?

The current system is fine, everyone is happy enough in their own section. The only issue here is the heavy handed stewards and polis in W7. Hopefully this issue is resolved quickly.

I didn't bring it up.  I have merely offered alternative suggestions were that to be on the table. 

Like you,  I have become fond of where I sit (W4). I get the benefit of the noíse from W7 but not too loudly to stop conversation during the game. 

Swearing in the West Stand could stop by the simple act of those there refraining from swearing.

Very little,  if any,  in W4.

Edited by St.Ricky

Why do these threads always descend into "they should move to __ section"? :lol:

I'm not gonna sit here and say that everyone in W7 is an angel. But it's passionate, loud, and exactly what our club needs to pull us through games at the moment. Over / aggressive policing causes more problems than it solves. It's almost like they are hoping for a reaction.

Staff employed by our club trying to frame people to get them banned from the stadium, just proves that certain people will go to any lengths to get rid of people they don't like or disagree with. That's worrying.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

W4 is full of season ticket holders most of whom have been there since the stadium opened (most of my bus of diehards sit there). Many of these people were all in the real North Bank a decade ago. So these guys have all to move to allow the singing section in?

I was a North Banker (a real one ) in the 70s and 80s. As you know we commanded the central area of the covered terracing at LS. . At that time all the older "bus diehards" had moved to the fringes of the covered terracing to allow the young ones their time.. IMO the singing section should be central in the west stand , and the selfish old "diehards"  should remember they were young once !

16 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was a North Banker (a real one ) in the 70s and 80s. As you know we commanded the central area of the covered terracing at LS. . At that time all the older "bus diehards" had moved to the fringes of the covered terracing to allow the young ones their time.. IMO the singing section should be central in the west stand , and the selfish old "diehards"  should remember they were young once !

A "real one" eh?

Put your cock away. Nobody is impressed with your hard man claims. :lol:

18 minutes ago, billyg said:

Image result for NAPOLEON

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

Different era and different circumstances. I too was North Bank however in those days there was no seating and folk could move anywhere in the ground during a game (except to Main stand). In fact once seating was introduces in the North Bank a lot of the atmosphere vanished. Now the law states you must sit and are we are restricted to the stand we purchase a ticket in . Argument about viewing the game still exists - people standing in W4 restricts the view of those on either side of them.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:03 AM, Kemp said:

Regular as clockwork.

I was almost as fast as you were with your automatic and unwavering support of them. It's almost as if your are either one of them or related to one of them.

You should setup a JustGiving page to support these poor oppressed souls and their families as they go through this difficult time in their lives. :rolleyes:

On 2/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, Doakes said:

Here we go again. Josh is targeted because he is the one putting his name to it. (Viewed as the ringleader I guess)

The club want him banned, despite the work that this guy has put in for our club, and the worst they have on him is standing on seats and a pitchside barrier. (That’s from watching cctv during games and trying to pin stuff on him) 

Wasn’t there yesterday but from what I’ve been told - the police/stewards were trying to get Dundee United fans to falsely say he spat on someone, even though he hadn’t. :lol:

It might sound like a mad conspiracy theory but someone somewhere really has it in for this particular person/group. And want this whole thing stopped. I don’t know why, it helps the club. They use the displays in club social media posts. The fan march and displays have done more to promote the club to young people in Renfrewshire than any of the clubs youth schemes ever have. 

It’s all very very weird.

It doesn't sound llike a conspiracy theory. It sounds like more misdirected victimisation TBH.

Josh knows what he is doing and is no doubt relishing in the notoriety he is building up for himself.

Meanwhile real life goes on......

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

This is a thread about one wee guy and his inability to grow up and follow the rules like the rest of us. He is loving the publicity and all the fellow wee guys following his one man crusade....if i were club i'd ban him and lets move on..

I wouldn't ban him just yet but he would be left in no doubt that any more incidents and he'd be gone permanently.

It would fall on deaf ears I suspect but I would certainly give him a final warning.

We just don't need fans like this IMO.

He's not as important as he thinks he is but when you have a guy with a chip on his shoulders, it's difficult to get them to see anything past their own personal interests.

Edited by oaksoft

I said it on the last thread on this utter pish, but when you f**k about with authority you can't complain when they start giving you more attention.

That is precisely what is happening.

Hope the W7 are enjoying the attention.

It'll only end one way and that will be bans on certain individuals.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
It doesn't sound llike a conspiracy theory. It sounds like more misdirected victimisation TBH.
Josh knows what he is doing and is no doubt relishing in the notoriety he is building up for himself.
Meanwhile real life goes on......

You obviously don't know Josh going by your comment

I don't know Josh but he certainly seems to be building exactly the wrong kind of reputation for himself. 

Seems a pity to me but I don't think he would welcome that comment. 

The club have rules.  Society has rules.  Break them and you suffer the consequences.  Same for me.  Same for others. 

But don't cry about it like spoiled children. 

Temper tantrums like a 2 year old. 

Get back to what you guys do well with the drum,  singing and flags. 

Then you will have everybody's backing. 

Simple. 

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Josh has been a member of our bus for 5 years + and I've never seen him have a tantrum. Talk facts mate not assumptions. Cos that's not fair.

SP... That's part of the problem.  I already said that I don't know the lad. What I do see is what others see.  Real or not are the tweets and other social media coverage of the boy and W7. These don't paint a pretty picture. Very 1960's Angry Young Men,  railing against authority. Nothing new.  I'll get stick for mentioning this but myself and others put our hands in our pockets to support Josh in his crowdfundibg so we can't be said to be against either him or the W7 Group.  Time to grow up and stop kicking against authority.  Would be nice to get back to us all just supporting the team Come on Saints.  Come on W7.