Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

8 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I don't think any sensible person is suggesting that we sack the whole management team. That's never going to happen at this stage.

The answer is to replace Kearney with MacPherson and keep everything else the same. It's MacPhersons team anyway so there won't be the argument of it not being his team levelled against him.

We're only 3 points from safety. 1 game. All is not lost. I definitely think we will roll the dice again at some point between now and the end of the season if results don't improve.

OK will turn us round.

I am not happy either with results or Oran's selections and tactics. Our club is not built on the quicksand it demonstrates on the manager front. Anyone coming in would have Oran's team. So if he goes it has to be Gus till summer. After that god knows. Very weak planning by our BOD here. 

33 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I don't think any sensible person is suggesting that we sack the whole management team. That's never going to happen at this stage.

The answer is to replace Kearney with MacPherson and keep everything else the same. It's MacPhersons team anyway so there won't be the argument of it not being his team levelled against him.

We're only 3 points from safety. 1 game. All is not lost. I definitely think we will roll the dice again at some point between now and the end of the season if results don't improve.

That is worse than sacking OK. He is a dinosaur that should be nowhere near a top flight football club in a coaching capacity. He has a defined role and it's not coaching. We need to have stability, I could think of no more decisive appointment we could make. Paying off two coaches and appointing from behind them, seen that movie before and it didn't end well !

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Top Cat clearly has no idea he just wants every manager sacked within months when it is this very policy that is holding us back.

What’s holding us back is that both BOD’s in recent years have hired several jobbers with poor managerial skills who have in turn signed a raft of jobbers who aren’t very good at football - that is holding us back.

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

What’s holding us back is that both BOD’s in recent years have hired several jobbers with poor managerial skills who have in turn signed a raft of jobbers who aren’t very good at football - that is holding us back.

And your remedy to that is ???

10 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Stop hiring and persisting with jobbers clearly not doing a job because apparently “we can’t keep sacking managers” - whatever that drivel means!

So in your eyes who constitutes a jobber ad who wouldn't ? It's the same guys making each appointment . If for example they appointed McPherson like some are clamouring for, (bearing in mind they have made the mistake of appointing background staff twice before) is he a jobber as to me he is the epitome of one. Madness is making the same mistakes repeatedly, yet that's the groundswell on here.

As for we can't keep sacking managers as being drivel, we simply cannot afford to keep sacking guys on lengthy contracts. It will ruin us totally which is hardly drivel.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

I know that we're bottom of the league and struggling for form but i think the new players will find form in time to get off the bottom of the league. Bear in mind that we had to overhaul a huge amount of players, you wouldn't even do that pre season in normal circumstances.  Think back to when Jack Ross was in a similar position in the championship, most had us relegated and in that season it took time for the new players to gel, but they did just in time.  I'm not buying into the argument that he's tactically inept we have a huge amount of experience in our coaching staff. I think that it's a mixture of too many player not match fit at the same time and as I've already pointed out, still trying to gel as a team. 

I know that there will be many who disagree but i think we're not far away from being a decent team. 

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I know that we're bottom of the league and struggling for form but i think the new players will find form in time to get off the bottom of the league. Bear in mind that we had to overhaul a huge amount of players, you wouldn't even do that pre season in normal circumstances.  Think back to when Jack Ross was in a similar position in the championship, most had us relegated and in that season it took time for the new players to gel, but they did just in time.  I'm not buying into the argument that he's tactically inept we have a huge amount of experience in our coaching staff. I think that it's a mixture of too many player not match fit at the same time and as I've already pointed out, still trying to gel as a team. 

I know that there will be many who disagree but i think we're not far away from being a decent team. 

Right I'll pin my colours to the mast.

I'm in your Gang

LETS GET BEHIND ORAN

We can't keep going on the assumption that an alternatively experienced manager would turn this mess round. Yogi Hughes at Raith, Butcher at Hibs and Inverness, the list goes on were all failures.

Despite picking up 3 points at the weekend, the appointment of Brian Rice at Accies for me, was as big a risk as when we appointed Tommy Craig. Well established coach, though certainly not much experience as a manager. 

Chopping and changing the manager consistently is not going to make our club an attractive gig, so you are left with the same names in the pot everytime the vacancy opens up.

People will always debate the standard of the Northern Irish league too in comparison. Setting that aside, the size and rep of the club he built up to be title contenders. national cup winners and access to the europa league qualifiers, was all through patience. Our fans simply do not have that. 

We HAVE TO give OK the rest of the season. It's his team now. 

4 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

We can't keep going on the assumption that an alternatively experienced manager would turn this mess round. Yogi Hughes at Raith, Butcher at Hibs and Inverness, the list goes on were all failures.

Granted he didn’t keep them up first time around, Butcher was eventually a success at ICT. He succeeded in the difficult task of taking them straight back up, and he had them in the Top 6 until making the decision to leave for Hibs who were lower down the league. There was when he spectacularly nosedived as we all know.

4 hours ago, jimmy 1 said:

I think the manager is way out his depth. His signings ( or Gus macphersons) aren't doing it for me. We've signed so many players who don t know Scottish football and for the most part they've been pretty uninspiring. We would be been better dipping into the championship and getting some grafters to get us out of where we are

It's kearneys  team now and the truth is we're stuck with them and him for rest season.

I have to say the whole club is a bit of a shambles at the moment

Isn't it just great (NOT) to have positive supporters......... like yourself B)

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

Didn't you learn from your "Jack Ross must go" humiliation?
Be good if you can put up a f3asible alternative.

45 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

He’s turning us ‘round’ OK sadly it back around to the championship

Template interviews & excuses

Devoid of any ideas

Zero glimmers of hope

And to class our team publicly as underdogs before the cup game was to get his excuses in early and unacceptable

wOk away

Are you Elvis or LPM in disguise? 

Negativity after negativity. 

I'm also in Oran's Camp.