Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Good. Can we have him back

The point is that, I don’t think we can assume if Jack was still here we’d be having a good season. 

Last year with a team including Morgan, our best player in recent years, we lost heavily in cup ties against premier league teams. Remember 0 - 5 to Patrick Thistle, that was just last season, and it was live on TV. 

The year before, a 2 - 0 win at Dundee was great but we were then gubbed by Celtic in a game where our competitiveness was comparable to this year. 

I thought Jack was a good manager and I was sorry to see him go. Although I would’ve questioned his sanity if his response to big clubs trying to recruit him was “Nah, I’d rather stay at St.Mirren”

Sunderland fans see him as a nice guy but tactically naive and out of his depth. 

Sound familiar?

Maybe we would be doing better if he was still here but I’m far from convinced. 

I can’t shake the feeling that you could make a strong case for believing that OK and JR are mangers at roughly the same level. 

Okay am in too :rolleyes:  as long as Oran starts playing his strongest team at all times and stops the this tinkering pish...  Bairdy after throwing the dummy oot the pram on Wed'  was at fault for the 2nd goal and will have no sympathy from me if he has a spell on the bench,  

With Hladky Ferdinand Poppescu Musek McGinn or Corbu and young Mcpherson playing in front of them thats a solid back five, 

If McKenzie could get fit i'd put Popescu in place of Mcpherson the guys a class act and could easily play as defensive midfielder no problem and give us a bit of steel in there. 

Dreyer looks as if he has no stomach for a fight.  think that's why Chris Hughton has sent him here to scare the shit out him.  so far Tansey, lets just say to be kind he's not ready yet. 

Stephen McGinn should be relieved of defensive duties and be left to create the opportunities that the Duck and Jackson are going to need, not pumping high balls up the park constantly. a free roll for Stephen would give the opposition more to think about instead of been able to rush forward on mass on our constantly exposed defence. 

HLADKY

CORBU   FERDINAND  MCKENZIE  MUSEK

POPESCU

MAGENNIS          MCGINN             MCALISTER

DUCK    JACKSON      

subs from

MCPHERSON

ERHAHON

LYONS 

BAIRD

FLYNN

HODGSON

P MCGINN

MULLEN

TANSEY

DREYER

If we could get this team on the park am confident they would get the job done, 

PS CORBU is in judging by the standard of Popescu, could be replaced by Hodgson or Mcginn. Popescu for McKenzie if not available Young Cammy for POPS.

ME in for JIMMY NICHOLL 

31 minutes ago, uhura said:

The point is that, I don’t think we can assume if Jack was still here we’d be having a good season. 

Last year with a team including Morgan, our best player in recent years, we lost heavily in cup ties against premier league teams. Remember 0 - 5 to Patrick Thistle, that was just last season, and it was live on TV. 

The year before, a 2 - 0 win at Dundee was great but we were then gubbed by Celtic in a game where our competitiveness was comparable to this year. 

I thought Jack was a good manager and I was sorry to see him go. Although I would’ve questioned his sanity if his response to big clubs trying to recruit him was “Nah, I’d rather stay at St.Mirren”

Sunderland fans see him as a nice guy but tactically naive and out of his depth. 

Sound familiar?

I can’t shake the feeling that you could make a strong case for believing that OK and JR are mangers at roughly the same level. 

Mate Sunderland are pushing for the title. They had to totally rebuild . As proven by the documentry on Netflix they are deluded. The club was run into ground. I really dont want to slate OK its not my nature but he does appear pretty clueless. 

35 minutes ago, uhura said:

Sound familiar?

These parts aren't true. 

The performance at Celtic Park was much better than anything we have managed this season. Ultimately our defence gave way but we could have been 3-0 up by that point!

Second part in bold is just not true.

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate Sunderland are pushing for the title. They had to totally rebuild . As proven by the documentry on Netflix they are deluded. The club was run into ground. I really dont want to slate OK its not my nature but he does appear pretty clueless. 

JR rebuilt them in the summer and while going well, some still want him out anyway (I imagine they were expecting to ease to the title).

Kearney has only just (sort of) completed his rebuild, doing what he could in January largely by having to rely on loans.

JR did well with us. Kearney did well with Coleraine. His tactics never seem to be great starting a match, but he does have the balls to change things early (Baird v ‘Well, Flynn v Alloa). Would be ideal if he had it sorted at the start. He must have been doing something right at Coleraine though considering where they ended up after 7 years with him. Clueless is the word I’d keep for Stubbs who couldn’t get Hibs promoted, and was shite with both Rotherham and us. Kearney has proven ability to turn a club around, as does Jack Ross. Unfortunately fans want change immediately. Coleraine may have never reached the heights they did if they ousted Oran early. Burnley allowed Dyche the chance to have another shot at the Championship after relegation. If there’s enough fight in this team to the end of the season (something that DOES NEED to improve), I’d be fine with Oran staying in charge come summer, staying up or going down. If we go down in a pitiful manner then I would want change.

I'll be getting fully behind the manager and the team at the games.

On here I think I am free to say I still have some major doubts about how the team is being managed. We have shown we can play for half a game many times this season. It seems the levels of motivation just aren't there to do it for the full 90. Tactically we have been found wanting on many occasions.

We often struggle to string two passes together. To be honest I really don't understand how they can train all week and be so bad at times. 

Anyway, hope you are right and things will pick up in the month ahead! We need a bit more leadership on the park though.

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate Sunderland are pushing for the title. They had to totally rebuild . As proven by the documentry on Netflix they are deluded. The club was run into ground.. 

They are a massive club , who's support , rightly or wrongly , expect promotion this season.  If JR can't get them up this season , I fear for him.

We have to keep Oran at least till, as looks highly possible, we get relegated. Then the board have to make a decision to either stick with him or go and get goody. Then its back to high turnover of staff and players with alot of money being wasted again.
Then we do the same next season and ad infinitum and we slowly slide down the leagues.

I’m in with this.

Fans are saying Hladky, Popescu and Muzek are all improvements. Nazon is an improvement on Mullen/Cooke too. Magennis will be like a new signing once he’s back too.

Tactics may not be on right now, but Oran didn’t manage 7 years at Coleraine and have them fighting for the league title while bringing the Cup home at the same time. Jimmy Nicholl is not pish either, he’s well known and respected in the Scottish game. Things are slowly coming together. Whether we turn it around in time is another question, but I’m willing to keep faith in what we have.

Who would be a football manager. Calling for a managers head now is crazy. We have a new set of players. Injuries to key players and moral is low. We may need to take a step back to go forward. Yes its painful but it should get better.  Look at Chelsea 4 down in 25 minutes. We have no devine right to be in the top league but we need to get behind what we have. 

4 hours ago, whydowebother said:

He’s turning us ‘round’ OK sadly it back around to the championship

Template interviews & excuses

Devoid of any ideas

Zero glimmers of hope

And to class our team publicly as underdogs before the cup game was to get his excuses in early and unacceptable

wOk away

Your right! sadly many fans believe in miracles, we have lost 19 games and won only 3, time some fans woke up to reality Oran is hopeless and hasn't a clue .

........ Two years back, it was after the East Fife cup-tie in Methil that things really began to come together on the park. ........ That said, the top division is an entirely different proposition to the championship, but it will take a few weeks for the new players to get up to speed. Judge them in a month's time. ...... It may be too late now to save us from relegation, but then again it may not be. ...... There are plenty of twists and turns ahead of us yet. ....... Personally, I would have given McIntyre the job in the summer, but I wouldn't write Oran off just yet. ....

I'm not jumping on the 'sack the manager' bandwagon BUT with would ask the question to the supports who believe OK will turn it around, will come good etc- how long do we give for this to happen.  It seems that OK and the rest of the (experienced) coaching team cannot buy us a win.  I also believe that if a manager and/or team believe they will lose a game, they will somehow find a way for that to happen- which in itself raises questions,but for OK to openly state we are underdogs was a very poor error of judgement and not one that will win him much favour with at least of fair part of support.  So what is next for us? Answers on a postcard please

I have been in every St Mirren's managers camp until the BOD sacked them. I have never wanted my team to lose and we are one result from turning this around. So i will support probably longer than GLS/ SG has. The problem is not OK bar Jack the problem is the way the club runs itself. So in my opinion GLS TF and crew take a long look in the mirror. The fans have invested in this club either act like you understand how to run a club or step down. Fed up hearing we should be top six shit.

42 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I have been in every St Mirren's managers camp until the BOD sacked them. I have never wanted my team to lose and we are one result from turning this around. So i will support probably longer than GLS/ SG has. The problem is not OK bar Jack the problem is the way the club runs itself. So in my opinion GLS TF and crew take a long look in the mirror. The fans have invested in this club either act like you understand how to run a club or step down. Fed up hearing we should be top six shit.

Totally agree with above. I don’t care who our manager is so long as we can stay in games for more than the first 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Not getting why winning1 Irish cup in 8 years is a good record.

Coleraine weren’t exactly a club raking in the trophies beforehand. Gus didn’t win a major trophy (SPL, SC, LC) with us, but he was beyond doubt a success and left us in a much better position at the end of his tenure. Likewise Kearney left Coleraine in a much better place, and a major trophy to go with it. The club progressed a lot under his guidance.

And we support St Mirren ffs, I’d be f**king delighted if we were taking a major trophy every 8 years.

The manager will get my honest and wholehearted support 

which seems a paradox as I think he is nowhere near good enough but he is here until May and I will continue to cheer his side on and criticise where I THINK it is justified 

even if we stay up, I hope he’ll be honest with himself when he decides to either stick with teaching or twist with football 

Thirteen cup finals left with two of our three most difficult games coming up next.

After that, the criminals at home, Killie at home, St J away and Dundee at home should all be opportunities to get points, but I reckon we probably need at least seven points by then to still be in touching distance.

Accies in particular have a pretty difficult run of fixtures coming up.

Far too early to be writing our obituary, but the only way we'll stay up is through hard work. Double training sessions, set piece drills, tracking runners and winning second balls should be drummed into the players. From what I have seen the current crop have the ability, but need to be organised and win battles on the pitch.

Over to you Oran.

I just wish we'd got Oran in in summer instead of Stubbs. Changing a whole team mid season is far from ideal because Oran hasn't had the luxury of a pre season with all his new signings. Staying up is definitely manageable and next season we won't see as many squad changes as this one, which will hopefully lead to more stability in the team.