Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Exactly.

You should stick to posting about on-field matters really! 

Agreed

On field is pish with no signs of improvement that matter ie; points

It’s the manager & his assistant to blame for not being able motivate his team , organise his team thus enabling us to gather points

9 points from 63 is NOT acceptable under any circumstances & to lay the blame on previous management solely is not cutting it

OK has had 21 games and as yet has shown nothing to suggest he knows how to turn round our fortunes

Surely we all want Oran to go ?

To go and grab enough points to keep us in the Premier League - end off.

21 games with a squad that was not capable of getting any more points and with new incomers who are not up to speed yet - never mind the injuries.

Nelson, McIntyre and others knew this was a poison chalice - but Oran was man enough to take on the challenge.

HE has just transitioned the squad - 2 games ago - we still have 7 injured and a few who have not played much in 2 months.

Go and drink some instant coffee - it tastes crap but the stuff that tastes good takes time to brew! :spud7

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Correction Goody shied away previously on the back of Ross winning promotion, that was always a hospital pass unless any potential manager could have persuaded the board to give them the budget to meet their aspirations.

Would Goody be 'interspersed' with Oran walking, and basically a free hit of 'if you can rescue us and keep us up great, if not your here for the championship ' you bet he would! In fact our board having taken the cheap option of Oran on a career break would probably be estatic if Goody wanted to stay part time!

Nope. Goody said he didn't feel ready for the step at the current time up AND felt he owed Alloa some loyalty.

Stop f**king lying.

Need to take a step back and put things into perspective. If we cast back to our original targets for manager they didnt want to take the job. Robbie Neilson was offered it but chose not too as we were a bad risk on his CV. He said we would need a far bigger budget to achieve the expectations of our fans. Stubbs has now said likewise. We have low resources and are where we are for a number of reasons. Orans job is to take us to safety and deserves that chance. I would like to see him at least given 2 transfer windows before we pull the plug. 

Surely we all want Oran to go ?
To go and grab enough points to keep us in the Premier League - end off.
21 games with a squad that was not capable of getting any more points and with new incomers who are not up to speed yet - never mind the injuries.
Nelson, McIntyre and others knew this was a poison chalice - but Oran was man enough to take on the challenge.
HE has just transitioned the squad - 2 games ago - we still have 7 injured and a few who have not played much in 2 months.
Go and drink some instant coffee - it tastes crap but the stuff that tastes good takes time to brew! :spud7

Let’s see how we have improved

DECEMBER

( most recent first )

Kilmarnock 2-1 Saints LOST
Saints 0-1 St Johnstone LOST
Motherwell 0-1 Saints WON
Saints 1-2 Aberdeen LOST
Livingston 3-1 Saints LOST
Hibs 2-2 Saints DRAW
Saints 1-3 Hamilton LOST

7 points from 21 ( old squad )

JANUARY ( Window opens )

Saints 1-3 Hibs LOST
Celtic 4-0 LOST

FEBRUARY

Saints 1-2 Motherwell LOST
Rangers 4-0 Saints LOST

= ZERO improvement

Conceded 26
Scored 9

46 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Agreed

It’s the manager & his assistant to blame for not being able motivate his team , organise his team thus enabling us to gather points

9 points from 63 is NOT acceptable under any circumstances & to lay the blame on previous management solely is not cutting it

OK has had 21 games and as yet has shown nothing to suggest he knows how to turn round our fortunes

Have you been to any games? 

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Agreed

Best football I have seen us play this season was the second half on Saturday huge improvement. Play like that for 90min every game we will stay up. 

31 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

DECEMBER     ( most recent first )

Kilmarnock 2-1 Saints LOST                  same result as 20/10/18
Saints 0-1 St Johnstone LOST              better than the  2  v 0 defeat on the 27/10/18
Saints 1-2 Aberdeen LOST                     better than the  4  v 0 defeat on the 28/8/18
Hibs 2-2 Saints DRAW                       
Saints 1-3 Hamilton LOST        And the  3  v 0 defeat on the 22/9/18

JANUARY ( Window opens )

Saints 1-3 Hibs LOST
Celtic 4-0 LOST  

FEBRUARY

Rangers 4-0 Saints LOST                    = ZERO improvement            Conceded 26   Scored 9

So your iron tight argument is based on 4 league matches - 2 of which were before our new recruits were all in the door and 2 once a few of them started getting some game time to help them to get them up to speed. (PS - they are still not up to speed - many have not played a much or any competitive football for over 8 weeks - you think we signed guys who were playing as 1st 11 choices at their clubs + a couple are u23 guys who are having to get used to stepping up to this level and the very different way we play in Scotland)

What about the improvement after Stubbs left - the Team was much better in December than it was when Oran arrived. So give him a similar chance to show the same with the new squad who are just in the door and once the 7 injured players are back fit.  

It is not always obvious who will win a race at the half way stage - and it is at the finish line that you get to find it out.  

38 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

DECEMBER

( most recent first )

Kilmarnock 2-1 Saints LOST
Saints 0-1 St Johnstone LOST
Saints 1-2 Aberdeen LOST
Hibs 2-2 Saints DRAW
Saints 1-3 Hamilton LOST

JANUARY ( Window opens )

Saints 1-3 Hibs LOST
Celtic 4-0 LOST

FEBRUARY

Rangers 4-0 Saints LOST

= ZERO improvement

Conceded 26
Scored 9

The problem is that you are applying only one metric to define success.

If you do that it almost always leads to absolutely dreadful decisions.

Using your logic, Ferguson would have been sacked by Man U and we would have sacked Jack Ross in his first season after the start he had. It would be hard to put into words how unbelievably stupid sacking both of those two guys would have been.

We need our club board to use a much wider range of metrics to make calm and good decisions with a longer term view and we need to accept that sometimes relegation as part of that long term view can be a reality. It doesn't need to be seen purely in terms of being a cast iron failure with huge payoffs to the management team etc. Many positives can be taken by viewing relegation as a temporary defeat than a catastrophe.

There is clearly not ZERO progress. Not by any measure.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Need to take a step back and put things into perspective. If we cast back to our original targets for manager they didnt want to take the job. Robbie Neilson was offered it but chose not too as we were a bad risk on his CV. He said we would need a far bigger budget to achieve the expectations of our fans. Stubbs has now said likewise. We have low resources and are where we are for a number of reasons. Orans job is to take us to safety and deserves that chance. I would like to see him at least given 2 transfer windows before we pull the plug. 

Fans & more importantly Board - personally I would've been over the moon with 10th place before the start of the season.

Regarding a Top 6 finish I always rank teams in Tiers

1. Celtic & Rangers
  2. Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs
  3. Us & the rest of the F/T teams.
  4. The P/T teams

So if the teams in Tiers 1/2 play to form that means to finish in the Top 6 we'd have to be best of the rest - I certainly never expected that in our first season back in the top flight. 

6 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Comparing him to Stubbs he is head and shoulders above him based on the points above so that is what he has shown me

Comparing him to Stubbs is completely pointless and not relevant at all, we all know AS was awful - it’s been done to death. All you’ve given me there is opinions, no concrete facts: where are we sitting? what’s our points tally? how many games have we lost against bottom 6 sides? And before you say it; it’s NOT Stubbs’ team, stop looking at the past and focus on the dross tactics we’re getting served weekly.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, TopCat said:

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

Notice you are on the forum a few times everyday going by your history. So come on you want another manager sacked. Who is our saviour ? Is it a case of you have no idea and write from your arse hole ? 

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
13 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok they beat us on Saturday but what have they won? Are they assured of promotion? Nope. They are high on confidence, which is an easier environment for new players to come into, much like us last season.  We're playing in a much harder league where every game is tough for us but I've seen enough quality to suggest that with hard work we can turn this around in time. I know some fans demand instant success and in an ideal world, wouldn't we all? Realistically, we were always going to take time to integrate so many new players into the team and let's hope we see some more green shoots of progress on Saturday. 

Oran has had twenty odd games now, i dont think expecting us to field a settled team, formation and tactics is asking for instant success? We had the endless pitch up till now that its "not Orans's team", and so far with (lets go with that anology) 'Oran's Team' not much has changed, but now he and them apparently need time "to gel"?

thats odd because I distinctly remember Oran telling us what great quality the Duck, Popesc, Dreyer, McAllister and even Corbu were, and how they would have us getting results asap. Whats happened to Corbu btw? Too duff to play?

You sir .... LPM or 'the odious toad' should stfu and take a leaf out of real supporters books, I don't deny you the right to sound off ... just do it where none of the rest of us have to listen to your consistent whining.  B)

3 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Comparing him to Stubbs is completely pointless and not relevant at all, we all know AS was awful - it’s been done to death. All you’ve given me there is opinions, no concrete facts: where are we sitting? what’s our points tally? how many games have we lost against bottom 6 sides? And before you say it; it’s NOT Stubbs’ team, stop looking at the past and focus on the dross tactics we’re getting served weekly.

Can't really do that unfortunately there re too many dross posters on here talking sheti to concentrate on better things. B)