Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

5 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

LPM. He has the same time that he always had. We are further along on a very tight project- and it can be said to be broadly on track. Keep in touch with the league, rebuild, bed the rebuild in, perform and survive. We are at #3 in that list, on time. 

"Broadly on Track"? Ffs.. wake up man, we arebrooted to the bottom going into five games where we are unlikely to get a point. In three games time we could well be in a league of One!

I get criticism but don't get the constant negative posts from the same forum members. Do I believe in Oran yes of course mistakes will be made to find his best 11 Saturday's first half is a example. That was fixed for the second half. Thankfully the majority are behind Oran we need to be at one to get through this. Calling for the manager to be sacked is not helping or supporting the club. It is embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Broadly on Track"? Ffs.. wake up man, we arebrooted to the bottom going into five games where we are unlikely to get a point. In three games time we could well be in a league of One!

You have a higher expectation of what was possible with the resources at the time. I accept that. Good luck with it. 

You dont have to put all your eggs into one basket, especially if its got a big feckin hole in it! 

Tbf i think its a case of "Nice guy, Wrong time" for Oran at our club. When Stubbs was punted what we needed was someone that would fight like a tiger for each point. It wasnt a time to induct a part time manager during his career break imo.

25 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I get criticism but don't get the constant negative posts from the same forum members. Do I believe in Oran yes of course mistakes will be made to find his best 11 Saturday's first half is a example. That was fixed for the second half. Thankfully the majority are behind Oran we need to be at one to get through this. Calling for the manager to be sacked is not helping or supporting the club. It is embarrassing. 

Yes, but the moan brigade on here dont represent the vast majority who go week in week out. They are just self indulgent tossers who are bored with day time television. We all need to be constructive, as proven by OUR club, chopping and changing just sets us back. We are not Chelsea for gods sake................. OK knows far better than any of us what needs to happen. i am 100% certain it wont be from lack of effort on his behalf.

2 hours ago, magnus said:

I agree. I would like to see GLS give OK the same backing he gave Jack by coming out and saying OK will be our manager next season no matter what.

The danger with public backing of a manager (vote of confidence) is that it usually comes as  the last resort before a sacking. So that can also send a negative message and put immediate pressure on the manager.

I think a GLS statement should come soon. It needs to say that the results have not been great but we thank the support for their patience as we recover from early season issues. The team seeking out new players and offloading others have done a fabulous job and we are hopeful that things will click as the new players get up to full fitness and learn to play the way we expect them to. etc etc.

As we gain points - the majority of us will appreciate the honesty and hard work, and breathe a big sigh of relief as we pass the 2 teams currently above us... :ninja

Edited by Sweeper07

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dont have to put all your eggs into one basket, especially if its got a big feckin hole in it! 

Tbf i think its a case of "Nice guy, Wrong time" for Oran at our club. When Stubbs was punted what we needed was someone that would fight like a tiger for each point. It wasnt a time to induct a part time manager during his career break imo.

LPM, u have made your point. I agreed previously but it is what it is. We have to think of our club mid to long not match to match. Our BOD have made a massive mistake in Stubbs, we are playing in the top league against Scotland's best. As shown QOS got gubbed , Morton got knocked out by East Fife, Ayr by a diddy team,  Pars by Raith, and United have more money than we do. Stubbs set us back, I blame GLS as much as I do him. However time to support. The neg pish at some point has to stop. No watches for being proved right .

Edited by DougJamie

14 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Comparing him to Stubbs is completely pointless and not relevant at all, we all know AS was awful - it’s been done to death. All you’ve given me there is opinions, no concrete facts: where are we sitting? what’s our points tally? how many games have we lost against bottom 6 sides? And before you say it; it’s NOT Stubbs’ team, stop looking at the past and focus on the dross tactics we’re getting served weekly.

So who do you want me to compare him to? You say its not Stubbs team but up to a couple of weeks ago that's exactly what it was and now we are seeing the fruits of what OK is trying to do.

You asked for What OK has shown me

21 hours ago, W6Saint said:

So someone enlighten me, what has OK shown you

I have given you my OPINION on that , WTF did you expect me to give you , if you ask for something expect that as the answer!!

Has it been great yet , Nope, but for me and I add this is only my opinion before you go off on one he has improved the team and I believe we are going in the right direction.

So since you have an obvious wealth of top management football knowledge as yours in not opinion what would you have done/do differently and showing your working please state how we would have been in a better position than we are now?

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The danger with public backing of a manager (vote of confidence) is that it usually comes as  the last resort before a sacking. So that can also send a negative message and put immediate pressure on the manager.

I think a GLS statement should come soon. It needs to say that the results have not been great but we thank the support for their patience as we recover from early season issues. The team seeking out new players and offloading others have done a fabulous job and we are hopeful that things will click as the new players get up to full fitness and learn to play the way we expect them to. etc etc.

As we gain points - the majority of us will appreciate the honest and hard work and breathe a big sigh of relief as we pass the 2 teams currently above us... :ninja

It takes one result, if we take anything from Dons or Hearts it will give us a massive boost on the games to come. Why should we beat these teams? They are both on form have far bigger support and budgets as do most in our league. On budget we are 11th, and we are still only 6points off 10th. The gulf is massive unless you have a big fat sugar daddy. Even Livi are showing signs of where they truely should be. Bet you they really struggle next season. Thats why we must settle, we must keep to a plan and if we do ever want top 6 then we must take the pain before the gain. Even if that means relegation this season 

54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You need to wake up and stop thinking that you actually KNOW anything that doesn't appear in your unusual mind.

Take your own advice... fan of Stubzo and his players are our players now... both are gone, Oran is here to stay...  :hammer

1 hour ago, Paisleyporridge said:

LPM. He has the same time that he always had. We are further along on a very tight project- and it can be said to be broadly on track. Keep in touch with the league, rebuild, bed the rebuild in, perform and survive. We are at #3 in that list, on time. 

PS Anyone who’s been on a management team building seminar is likely to have been given the following phrase to remember stages of team building

”forming, storming, norming, performing”

After January we are definitely in the ‘storming’ stage.  Our difficulty is that we need to jump to ‘performing’ sooner than later. 

The performances against Motherwell and Dundee Utd were very poor, there's no point sugarcoating it.

Impossible to see us getting anything at Pittodrie or Tynecastle.

I hope I'm wrong but all I really expect from those two games is to hopefully see tangible improvement ahead of the two home games against Livingston and Kilmarnock.

Those will both be very difficult but they are games where we NEED to take points, otherwise we're doomed.

Dundee play Livingston and Hibs next whilst Accies have Hibs and Rangers. Hopefully we won't lose any more ground but Dundee will fancy their chances of some points there.

2 hours ago, div said:

The performances against Motherwell and Dundee Utd were very poor, there's no point sugarcoating it.

Impossible to see us getting anything at Pittodrie or Tynecastle.

I hope I'm wrong but all I really expect from those two games is to hopefully see tangible improvement ahead of the two home games against Livingston and Kilmarnock.

Those will both be very difficult but they are games where we NEED to take points, otherwise we're doomed.

Dundee play Livingston and Hibs next whilst Accies have Hibs and Rangers. Hopefully we won't lose any more ground but Dundee will fancy their chances of some points there.

I had a wee look at the fixtures and after the next 2 Dee have 4 difficult ones in a row (including both ugly sisters) - so long as we play our part in that - then 2 other difficult games.

So it is during those 4 matches that I hope we are passing them and gaining some breathing space.

Dee and Hamilton don't play each other again until the last round of fixtures. We play both - these are the big ones.  :magic

Edited by Sweeper07

8 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Let's all bury our heads in the sand and pretend all ok.but we are actually in the shit.. Kearney is a nice guy but not a full time all manager,my opinion is he is clueless and board have to admit AGAIN and let him go.me personally don't even want him as manager in championship,so it's ok to say,thanks but no thanks,cheerio

Who do you suggest we get in?

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I had a wee look at the fixtures and after the next 2 Dee have 4 difficult ones in a row (including both ugly sisters) - so long as we play our part in that - then 2 other difficult games.

So it is during those 5 matches that I hope we are passing them and gaining some breathing space.

Dee and Hamilton don't play each other again until the last round of fixtures. We play both - these are the big ones.  :magic

Yeah the four games we have against both will be massive season defining games for us.

Good job our record against Accies is so solid :lol:

2 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah the four games we have against both will be massive season defining games for us.

Good job our record against Accies is so solid :lol:

The past is gone - new team - time for a new mentality - a physically stronger and more capable one that pre the Window. :cheers