Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Indeed, Oran has imo three games to convince the support he should keep the job. They are difficult games, but he has let chances in previous winning positions slip away. He can only play the hand in front of him now, its his team.

Appearing to be reasonable does not excuse your generally negative attitude and by the way who gave you the right to choose which way the fans view Oran, did I miss the bit where you were put in charge?  B)

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dont have to put all your eggs into one basket, especially if its got a big feckin hole in it! 

Tbf i think its a case of "Nice guy, Wrong time" for Oran at our club. When Stubbs was punted what we needed was someone that would fight like a tiger for each point. It wasnt a time to induct a part time manager during his career break imo.

Yes Yes Yes I think we all KNOW YOUR opinion, but at end of day it's simply your opinion and other people with perhaps a shade more faith in their team and manager also have opinions and they do somewhat differ from you, it's simply that you think if you post enough crap constantly people might think you are right.  By the way You are NOT.  B)

Yes Yes Yes I think we all KNOW YOUR opinion, but at end of day it's simply your opinion and other people with perhaps a shade more faith in their team and manager also have opinions and they do somewhat differ from you, it's simply that you think if you post enough crap constantly people might think you are right.  By the way You are NOT.  B)

^^^ Fanny

Thinking he’s judge/jury:executioner

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I am willing to bet my house, that if the worse comes to worse, then next August there will be more than 4000 Saints fans, first home game, a manager in the dug out ( more than likely OK)  11 players on the field and a subs bench

Call me reckless :wink:

I think the following would be a perfectly acceptable response from Oran…

“Right, we all know I took over an absolutely useless squad made up of members of the Keystone Cops, the Anthill Mob, a selection of the cast from the Benny Hill Show and a handful of Billy Smart’s clown troop. Yes I have failed to get results with this collection of footballing imposters and if folk want to criticise me for that fair enough. I’ll take that on the chin. However I’d venture that the offspring generated from a Ferguson/Stein/Shankly/Paisley spunk cocktail would’ve struggled with that lot. HOWEVER!! The honeymoon is over. The excuses are over. It’s my team now and I’ll stand or fall by our results from now on. Come May, if we’re still a Premiership team then I’ll have succeded. If not, I’ll have failed and we’ll see what happens at that point. In the meantime, get aff ma back ya miserable shower of utter khunts!”

Just now, DougJamie said:

I am willing to bet my house, that if the worse comes to worse, then next August there will be more than 4000 Saints fans, first home game, a manager in the dug out ( more than likely OK)  11 players on the field and a subs bench

Call me reckless :wink:

Hello Reckless; we need more like this :lol:

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think the following would be a perfectly acceptable response from Oran…

“Right, we all know I took over an absolutely useless squad made up of members of the Keystone Cops, the Anthill Mob, a selection of the cast from the Benny Hill Show and a handful of Billy Smart’s clown troop. Yes I have failed to get results with this collection of footballing imposters and if folk want to criticise me for that fair enough. I’ll take that on the chin. However I’d venture that the offspring generated from a Ferguson/Stein/Shankly/Paisley spunk cocktail would’ve struggled with that lot. HOWEVER!! The honeymoon is over. The excuses are over. It’s my team now and I’ll stand or fall by our results from now on. Come May, if we’re still a Premiership team then I’ll have succeded. If not, I’ll have failed and we’ll see what happens at that point. In the meantime, get aff ma back ya miserable shower of utter khunts!”

Excellent suggestion, however I rather think he is too much of a gentleman for that, but you got my support.  B)

2 hours ago, Paisleyporridge said:

PS Anyone who’s been on a management team building seminar is likely to have been given the following phrase to remember stages of team building

”forming, storming, norming, performing”

After January we are definitely in the ‘storming’ stage.  Our difficulty is that we need to jump to ‘performing’ sooner than later. 

Other sides have re shaped and are performing better now

the fact that we had more to do is not an excuse, it just means we screwed up worse in the first instance 

too big a hill for us to climb now.  we could have won a couple of ugly points between OK’s arrival and January and been in a far better position right now but OK never seemed to go for that, I’m afraid.  he just seemed content to wait for the window and that is not right 

I’m sure OK has learned a lot but surely we had enough experience at the club to teach him that lesson without the cost we’ve had to pay 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dont have to put all your eggs into one basket, especially if its got a big feckin hole in it! 

Tbf i think its a case of "Nice guy, Wrong time" for Oran at our club. When Stubbs was punted what we needed was someone that would fight like a tiger for each point. It wasnt a time to induct a part time manager during his career break imo.

Hindsight is a wonderful talent LPM.  but what makes you think anyone that WE could have appointed could have fixed this mess after Alan Stubbs made a absolute hunt of it. Were not in the market for Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp because thats what it would take, and a war chest of a few million. stop being so negative sir, at least with Elvis we can feel his pain we just hide it better. 

Sure Oran could have secured a few more points,, the loss to the Saintees and the no show with Hamilton at home, but lets not ignore the the point against Celtic the 3 against Hearts, the away point at Dundee and Hibs and the win at Motherwell that kept us in touch as the window approached. 

His new players have arrived and with most needing games,  What a bonus we got in MY OPINION our fixtures being Celtic and Rangers away and a rejuvenated Motherwell who are flying.  This has given the players games and time to settle,  games we were never likely to pick up any points. 

Next up are Aberdeen and Hearts away could it get any tougher, but what a lift it would give the team if we were to pick up a point or 2.... Then Livingston at home

Before the split we have 6 more games, 4 or 5 we are more than capable of picking up points in....  NOW ITS GAME ON.

Remember back to last year the PARTY in the town,  We all came together and showed what can be achieved. We can go down with a whimper and a moan or we can pull together and drag our team over the line,  The fans have massive part to play not just the players and Management, We need to encourage and support the team from the stands and W7 get back to what your good at... we can do this 

Anyone fancy a party in May 

COYS....FANS

Edited by portmahomack saint

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

1. Other sides have re shaped and are performing better now

the 2. fact that we had more to do is not an excuse, it just means we screwed up worse in the first instance 

3. too big a hill for us to climb now.  we could have 4. won a couple of ugly points between OK’s arrival and January and been in a far better position right now but OK never seemed to go for that, I’m afraid.  he just seemed content to wait for the window and that is not right 

I’m sure OK has learned a lot but surely we had enough experience at the club to teach him that lesson without the cost we’ve had to pay 

1. So is that all that matters OR is it how they perform over the rest of the season? Once the next 2 games are over Dee have a horrible run for the next 5 games. Hamilton's bubble will burst once they lose a few on the trot. In the meantime we have started slower, but the Tortoise won the race against the Rabbit Or have you never read that story?

2. Since you acknowledge we had more to do, does mean there was a screw up appointing Stubbs & signing his duds. So you go through life never making any mistakes? It is how we learn from them that makes us better, stronger etc.

3. We are 1 win behind Dee and we play them twice having beaten them and drawn with them previously. We are only 2 wins away from Hamilton as well - though our previous team capitulated to them both times previously - interestingly Dee beat them twice previously too.

4. Oran did not seem to go for some ugly points - you think he tried not to win every single point? Problem was the crap players he had at his disposal to play along with the few better ones, four of whom He signed.

I think you are having a laugh - the prizes are given out at the end of the season - not at the end of the transfer window or 2 games after it . . . :spud5

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hindsight is a wonderful talent LPM.  but what makes you think anyone that WE could have appointed could have fixed this mess after Alan Stubbs made a absolute hunt of it. Were not in the market for Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp because thats what it would take, and a war chest of a few million. stop being so negative sir, at least with Elvis we can feel his pain we just hide it better. 

Sure Oran could have secured a few more points,, the loss to the Saintees and the no show with Hamilton at home, but lets not ignore the the point against Celtic the 3 against Hearts, the away point at Dundee and Hibs and the win at Motherwell that kept us in touch as the window approached. 

His new players have arrived and with most needing games,  What a bonus we got in MY OPINION our fixtures being Celtic and Rangers away and a rejuvenated Motherwell who are flying.  This has given the players games and time to settle,  games we were never likely to pick up any points. 

Next up are Aberdeen and Hearts away could it get any tougher, but what a lift it would give the team if we were to pick up a point or 2.... Then Livingston at home

Before the split we have 6 more games, 4 or 5 we are more than capable of picking up points in....  NOW ITS GAME ON.

Remember back to last year the PARTY in the town,  We all came together and showed what can be achieved. We can go down with a whimper and a moan or we can pull together and drag our team over the line,  The fans have massive part to play not just the players and Management, We need to encourage and support the team from the stands and W7 get back to what your good at... we can do this 

COYS....FANS

So in essence, you say I am negative, but then suggest we need Klopp or Guardiola and a few million quid to get to tenth in a league with the mighty Hamilton, St Johnstone and their sub 2500 support. livi with their 1500 support and a piss poor Dundee.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Other sides have re shaped and are performing better now

the fact that we had more to do is not an excuse, it just means we screwed up worse in the first instance 

too big a hill for us to climb now.  we could have won a couple of ugly points between OK’s arrival and January and been in a far better position right now but OK never seemed to go for that, I’m afraid.  he just seemed content to wait for the window and that is not right 

So you agree. Cool. 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

COYS....FANS

^^^^^ POST of the week by far - excellent - I even like you calling him sir! :)

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So in essence, you say I am negative, but then suggest we need Klopp or Guardiola and a few million quid to get to tenth in a league with the mighty Hamilton, St Johnstone and their sub 2500 support. livi with their 1500 support and a piss poor Dundee.

NAW He DIDNAE ! Learn to read :hammer

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whatever gave you that idea LPM  :huh:  And no we don't need Klopp etc, We just need to give the manager a chance to let his plan work, and at least 5000 buddies to turn up and roar us to victory against Livingston, were not down yet, and far from it,  Just get behind the team and no booing after 5 minutes when a pass goes astray, except for Elvis of course thats probably taking it a bit too far :) 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

1. So is that all that matters OR is it how they perform over the rest of the season? Once the next 2 games are over Dee have a horrible run for the next 5 games. Hamilton's bubble will burst once they lose a few on the trot. In the meantime we have started slower, but the Tortoise won the race against the Rabbit Or have you never read that story?

2. Since you acknowledge we had more to do, does mean there was a screw up appointing Stubbs & signing his duds. So you go through life never making any mistakes? It is how we learn from them that makes us better, stronger etc.

3. We are 1 win behind Dee and we play them twice having beaten them and drawn with them previously. We are only 2 wins away from Hamilton as well - though our previous team capitulated to them both times previously - interestingly Dee beat them twice previously too.

4. Oran did not seem to go for some ugly points - you think he tried not to win every single point? Problem was the crap players he had at his disposal to play along with the few better ones, four of whom He signed.

I think you are having a laugh - the prizes are given out at the end of the season - not at the end of the transfer window or 2 games after it . . . :spud5

did you see the way we played in both games against Hamilton?  Totally outthought and without a shred of self-preservation about the side.  An ugly draw where we kicked the ball out the park, at every turn wasted time, laid into them a bit and genrally fought, bit and snarled would have been a decent approach-it certainly served accies well.

These other teams are already winning games and we are not 

My criticisms are aimed both at OK and the club in general, in fact MORE at the club than at the manager.  If you read and thought you'd have worked that out

Edited by beyond our ken

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

COYS....FANS

NAW He DIDNAE ! Learn to read :hammer

Erm, yes he did, learn to read - just to help you I've highlighted the relevant bits! :1eye

7 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

So who do you want me to compare him to? You say its not Stubbs team but up to a couple of weeks ago that's exactly what it was and now we are seeing the fruits of what OK is trying to do.

Lose every game until May?:lol:

what would you have done/do differently and showing your working please state how we would have been in a better position than we are now?

I’m not masquerading as a top flight manager so not really relevant what i’d have done...

I’d hope any manager could have a higher win% than the WORST ever St Mirren manager. 

Bonuses for extra marks (non exhaustive list):

- Not losing numerous games after an ‘inspirational half time talk’

- Not chopping and changing every week

- Not play such god awful football

49 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erm, yes he did, learn to read - just to help you I've highlighted the relevant bits:1eye

highlighted the relevant bits as usual to suit your argument but miss out the really relevant bits that don't  . . . 

Not that there is any point in engaging with you but LPM says that's what it takes to get 10th in the league - THAT is not what portmahomack said

He said to fix the mess.

But no doubt you'll be back - but rest assured I won't  :headbang

37 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Lose every game until May?:lol:

Can you also give me the lottery numbers as you can obviously see the future

But why ask for opinions on what someone has shown and then ignore those opinions to have a dig at the manager instead of answering them with opinions of your own , perhaps you are devoid of them? I will however humour you and reply to your points such as they are

39 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

I’d hope any manager could have a higher win% than the WORST ever St Mirren manager. 

Bonuses for extra marks (non exhaustive list):

- Not losing numerous games after an ‘inspirational half time talk’ - he inherited a team which was devoid of ideas, he has brought in players who I have already stated I believe to be better so that he can change that, those players have played a couple of games, some less so far, a team does not come together overnight and play like barcelona.

- Not chopping and changing every week - Injuries and lack of options has ensured that, I believe that we will going forward start seeing his team on the park , I reserve judgement for afew weeks till they have the aforementioned time

- Not play such god awful football - I agree some of it has been god awful but there has been very good football too just not for the full 90 mins, possibly due to fitness and players not having played much together, again time is required.

Will it be too late, only time will tell but IMHO I have seen improvements since Oran had a chance to bring in players which in case you have forgot is what you asked, but go ahead and be negative, must be awful being so glass half empty seeing no good anywhere.

25 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

highlighted the relevant bits as usual to suit your argument but miss out the really relevant bits that don't  . . . 

Not that there is any point in engaging with you but LPM says that's what it takes to get 10th in the league - THAT is not what portmahomack said

He said to fix the mess.

But no doubt you'll be back - but rest assured I won't  :headbang

I highlighted the relevant bits as usual to suit my argument because that's what rational people do! :1eye

We want to avoid relegation so to fix the mess we need to get 10th in the league:1eye

but rest assured I won't - the high-point of your post!

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I highlighted the relevant bits as usual to suit my argument because that's what rational people do! :1eye

We want to avoid relegation so to fix the mess we need to get 10th in the league:1eye

but rest assured I won't - the high-point of your post!

Loving the colours :P