Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Oran appears as a nice guy but in my opinion he is out of his depth at this level.Far too big a jump from part time Irish football not helped by still commuting from Ireland understandably for family reasons.Intrigued however that he chose to go to the cinema in Glasgow rather than travel to Dundee to monitor this Saturday’s opponents.Quite strange really.

Maybe he got confused after talking to Gus. ‘Oran if you want entertainment on a Saturday afternoon go to the cinema ‘ 

Oran is clueless, has no tactical awareness, poor signings, poor team selection, poor non-existent tactic's, set's up not to win games, always ends up chasing the game, no tactics to change a game, poor substitutions, playing player's out of position.....playing a team of player's he never saw play and all signed by Gus...guy is a puppet..

Now isn’t the time to be bitching about the manager as nothing will be changed until the end of the season.

We need to back the club as best we can over the next few weeks and give it all we’ve got.

Reminds me of going to Falkirk a few years back, where we looked dead. We need that level of support to give the players that extra 1%.

25 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Now isn’t the time to be bitching about the manager as nothing will be changed until the end of the season.

We need to back the club as best we can over the next few weeks and give it all we’ve got.

Reminds me of going to Falkirk a few years back, where we looked dead. We need that level of support to give the players that extra 1%.

With certain supporters your barking up the wrong tree. At least these supporters can be counted in the one hand. 

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

100% this.

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a change of management at the end of the season, but what is clear is Kearney isn't an utterly incompetent fool like Stubbs, so for now we get on with it and back the team.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

The support in Perth last night is the type of support we need for all our remaining games.  

10 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Oran appears as a nice guy but in my opinion he is out of his depth at this level.Far too big a jump from part time Irish football not helped by still commuting from Ireland understandably for family reasons.Intrigued however that he chose to go to the cinema in Glasgow rather than travel to Dundee to monitor this Saturday’s opponents.Quite strange really.

Oran's appointment highlights perfectly how hopeless and one time lucky this board are in managerial appointments. If you consider they short listed:

Kearney

Stubbs

McIntyre

Neilson

McIntyre with (as the Oran fans say, not his team) has steadied his side, moved up a spot and could guide them to a masssive local derby play off?

Neilson has (with his side) pulled a shambles of a team up and will win a playoff, but might just nick the title.

our board out of those options, wouldnt put up the budget Neilson felt was needed to meet the boards own aspirations, but have subsequently had to shell out a helluva a lot more to sack, hire, fire and compensate management teams, and buy a second team in January.

they disregarded McIntyre's proven track record in this league, at this end of the table.

they hired Stubbs, even though he had apparently single handedly destroyed Rotherham. Then had to pay to be rid of him and a load of his signings.

they then hired a part time manager/full time teacher from an even diddier league than ours who once came second in the league where they struggle to a tually get matches on. They shelled out even more on getting him a Technical Director, and Northern Ireland's coach, all seemingly to no avail.

inevitably, barring Dundee being even worse than us they will have to sack the part timer who lives in Ireland and start all over again, but without any transfer funds to blow on their catastrophic decision making.

a win Saturday against Dundee would be massive, but still not change much, as would a draw.  A loss however would mean we need to be bettering Dundee's remaining results by Two Wins just to get a play off spot.

Anyone seen the type of attitude, performances and management required to go on that run in our club at present?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oran's appointment highlights perfectly how hopeless and one time lucky this board are in managerial appointments. If you consider they short listed:

Kearney

Stubbs

McIntyre

Neilson

McIntyre with (as the Oran fans say, not his team) has steadied his side, moved up a spot and could guide them to a masssive local derby play off?

Neilson has (with his side) pulled a shambles of a team up and will win a playoff, but might just nick the title.

our board out of those options, wouldnt put up the budget Neilson felt was needed to meet the boards own aspirations, but have subsequently had to shell out a helluva a lot more to sack, hire, fire and compensate management teams, and buy a second team in January.

they disregarded McIntyre's proven track record in this league, at this end of the table.

they hired Stubbs, even though he had apparently single handedly destroyed Rotherham. Then had to pay to be rid of him and a load of his signings.

they then hired a part time manager/full time teacher from an even diddier league than ours who once came second in the league where they struggle to a tually get matches on. They shelled out even more on getting him a Technical Director, and Northern Ireland's coach, all seemingly to no avail.

inevitably, barring Dundee being even worse than us they will have to sack the part timer who lives in Ireland and start all over again, but without any transfer funds to blow on their catastrophic decision making.

a win Saturday against Dundee would be massive, but still not change much, as would a draw.  A loss however would mean we need to be bettering Dundee's remaining results by Two Wins just to get a play off spot.

Anyone seen the type of attitude, performances and management required to go on that run in our club at present?

My own personal view is if we are relegated I want Oran as the manager. This is an astute smart cookie  , sure mistakes will be made but given time he will get it right Oran has been here months not years. Seriously you want another manager , then another manager, then another manager. We can't go on this manager merry go round. We need stabilisation. 

Probably because he hasn’t seen his family for 2 weeks, you’ve already posted this elsewhere on this forum, get a life. You not think he already knows how Dundee play.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My own personal view is if we are relegated I want Oran as the manager. This is an astute smart cookie  , sure mistakes will be made but given time he will get it right Oran has been here months not years. Seriously you want another manager , then another manager, then another manager. We can't go on this manager merry go round. We need stabilisation. 

What about a manager who has actually managed with a degree of success at this level? You know Neilson, McIntyre etc....

your reasoning seems to be "the board have wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on two poor choices for manager, and the huge costs of hiring and firing a raft of players, and back room flunkies. So lets just let things run and hope that if we bang our heads against the wall often enough, our fortunes will change"

jeez it looks like the only member of our backroom team who knew what he was doing is helping Hamilton stroll away from us..! Wake up and smell the awfy! The board are cocking it up left, right and centre. If Oran relegates us from the championship should he get another season or two?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What about a manager who has actually managed with a degree of success at this level? You know Neilson, McIntyre etc....

your reasoning seems to be "the board have wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on two poor choices for manager, and the huge costs of hiring and firing a raft of players, and back room flunkies. So lets just let things run and hope that if we bang our heads against the wall often enough, our fortunes will change"

jeez it looks like the only member of our backroom team who knew what he was doing is helping Hamilton stroll away from us..! Wake up and smell the awfy! The board are cocking it up left, right and centre. If Oran relegates us from the championship should he get another season or two?

Nelson knocked us back he said no our expectations were to high for the budget. Why do you keep going on about Nelson we can't force him. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nelson knocked us back he said no our expectations were to high for the budget. Why do you keep going on about Nelson we can't force him. 

We have subsequently spent and wasted way more on players, managers, coaches and Technical directors than Neilson wanted as a budget. The board f**ked it up, tried to go cheap and ended up spaffing cash at anything that stood still long enough! Oran got the three biggest earners signed on in Ferdinand, Jackson and Hammill, then splashed a shed more in January.

by comparison at Dun Utd, and Dundee their two mangers have spent way, way less, as have Hamilton, but have seen so far a much better return. We picked the wrong manager, we even let go to assist Hamilton. Cant you see how horrendous those business decisions have been?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

We have subsequently spent and wasted way more on players, managers, coaches and Technical directors than Neilson wanted as a budget. The board f**ked it up, tried to go cheap and ended up spaffing cash at anything that stood still long enough! Oran got the three biggest earners signed on in Ferdinand, Jackson and Hammill, then splashed a shed more in January.

by comparison at Dun Utd, and Dundee their two mangers have spent way, way less, as have Hamilton, but have seen so far a much better return. We picked the wrong manager, we even let go to assist Hamilton. Cant you see how horrendous those business decisions have been?

Dont lie.

Dundee Utd have flung cash at it in January to try and get yout that league, guys like Palwett, Sow and Reynolds will be on more than most of our squad.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

First obvious question would be tell us how much Nelson wanted. Be honest you don't know. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

First obvious question would be tell us how much Nelson wanted. Be honest you don't know. 

So thats your best argument to let the board and manager continue to destroy the club? Do you think he wanted more than what they paid Stubbs, his backroom team, his signings, he and his backroom team's compensation, Oran's compensation, signing three extra high earners for Oran, letting Oran side a new team in January?

thats not to reckon on the financial impact relegation will bring as well.

ffs you mention Oran's ridiculous, continually failing tactic to lump balls up to the shortest striker in the league, but think he's a feckin genius we would be lucky to have in the championship..! 

Maybe Jackson will suddenly start out jumping and out muscling six foot four defenders and Oran will be able to point at all his detractors and laugh? Aye mibbaes.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So thats your best argument to let the board and manager continue to destroy the club? Do you think he wanted more than what they paid Stubbs, his backroom team, his signings, he and his backroom team's compensation, Oran's compensation, signing three extra high earners for Oran, letting Oran side a new team in January?

thats not to reckon on the financial impact relegation will bring as well.

ffs you mention Oran's ridiculous, continually failing tactic to lump balls up to the shortest striker in the league, but think he's a feckin genius we would be lucky to have in the championship..! 

Maybe Jackson will suddenly start out jumping and out muscling six foot four defenders and Oran will be able to point at all his detractors and laugh? Aye mibbaes.

Have written already I'm 100% behind the manager. Next season also no matter what league we are in. You have no idea what figure Nelson wanted . 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have written already I'm 100% behind the manager. Next season also no matter what league we are in. You have no idea what figure Nelson wanted . 

I have no idea what figure Stubbs, McIntyre, Kearney or Neilson wanted. But i know we have spaffed much more than any of them asked for on two failed appointments, compensations, players etc.. etc... and still we sit rooted to the bottom, whilst teams spending less like Dun Utd, Hamilton, Dundee with people who could have been our manager are faring better.

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I have no idea what figure Stubbs, McIntyre, Kearney or Neilson wanted. But i know we have spaffed much more than any of them asked for on two failed appointments, compensations, players etc.. etc... and still we sit rooted to the bottom, whilst teams spending less like Dun Utd, Hamilton, Dundee with people who could have been our manager are faring better.

If you can put up all the figures of the club's you mention I will have a look. Trouble is you can't do it. So why not write I think ? You write clubs figures but no numbers :lol:. Come On give it a rest. 

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you can put up all the figures of the club's you mention I will have a look. Trouble is you can't do it. So why not write I think ? You write clubs figures but no numbers :lol:. Come On give it a rest. 

Do you think what we have spent since Neilson knocking us back is more than the budget he asked for, or less?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you think what we have spent since Neilson knocking us back is more than the budget he asked for, or less?

Don't have the answer to that mate nether do You, it's your opinion which is fine it's an open forum. But keep this up and it will be back to watching the mess that is Brexit and my god how boring is that. Let's look forward to Saturday. I have a special night out in Glasgow if we win it will be a he'll of a night out. COYS

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney

Stubbs

McIntyre

Neilson

I don't quite understand the point of this, if we, then they, scenarios re other teams managers,  my recollection is that GS (who by the way is currently the owner) has already stated that irrespective of which league the club are in, OK will be in charge next season, Did I miss the club statement where he allowed YOu a veto, if I did I must apologise most sincerely BUT if I didn't miss that statement, do everyone a favour and transfer your support to Hamilton, that may actually help us.  :P 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't have the answer to that mate nether do You, it's your opinion which is fine it's an open forum. But keep this up and it will be back to watching the mess that is Brexit and my god how boring is that. Let's look forward to Saturday. I have a special night out in Glasgow if we win it will be a he'll of a night out. COYS

It is my opinion based on the number of and relative wage demands of players signed by us, Dundee, Hamilton and Dun Utd. Plus compensation and expensive back room staff appointments. Do tou think any of them have spent more than us?

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

I don't quite understand the point of this, if we, then they, scenarios re other teams managers,  my recollection is that GS (who by the way is currently the owner) has already stated that irrespective of which league the club are in, OK will be in charge next season, Did I miss the club statement where he allowed YOu a veto, if I did I must apologise most sincerely BUT if I didn't miss that statement, do everyone a favour and transfer your support to Hamilton, that may actually help us.  :P 

I have heard its a good play, but not sure i could follow it for a season though.