Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

21 minutes ago, munoz said:

Again , not the best of timing if there's any truth to these reports. It's bad enough having a large turnover of players every transfer window, but a change of managemennt every season is probably worse. 

His replacement is already at the club tbf

:toilet

His replacement is already at the club tbf

:toilet
Talk about a step backwards...
Gus was a decent manager at the club, I am not debating that. He got us promoted, won the Challenge Cup and gave us some memorable moments during his time as Saints boss.

But I think we all agreed that his time was up come the end of the 2009-10 season.

GLS said before appointing Stubbs that his priority was finding a manager who would play attractive football & entertain the fans, I'm sorry but the words Gus & Attractive Football don't go well together.

Think it's pretty much a given that there is something in this.

GLS hardly exuded confidence a few weeks ago when telling the press that OK was settled here.

This will only be resolved in one of two ways...his family relocates, or he goes back to them. The current arrangement evidently can't continue as it's taking it's toll on too many people.

I hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible. I'd rather OK stayed but if he's going then he should go now and allow us to get someone in for next week and pre season training (Goodwin would be the obvious choice but dunno if he'd take it) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think it's pretty much a given that there is something in this.
GLS hardly exuded confidence a few weeks ago when telling the press that OK was settled here.
This will only be resolved in one of two ways...his family relocates, or he goes back to them. The current arrangement evidently can't continue as it's taking it's toll on too many people.
I'm not reading too much into it yet, it was in the Sun after all, however an early Kearney comment regarding kids settled in school did make me think that he's not moving over

"Its all a load of pish LPM" they said..

"Oran & Tony have both said its rubbish LPM"

"Oran has said he's staying, end of LPM"

and to give those posters credit they stuck to their guns, continually insisting Oran had pledged to being here for the new season, whilst at the same time slating me for being pedantic about highlighting that he never once said "I will be here for the new season, i have two more years on my current contract"

when i shone a light on the fact that he never intended to move his family over, so many said "why would he? His wife's got a good job" seems Mrs K's career path was always going to be the one to win out, whilst Oran was allowed a "year out".

i will be baring my arse in Burton's window for all my detractors to kiss as the bow whilst walking past if this sorry tale does indeed end with being strung along since the Hamilton game by a manager that had already decided he was offski.

Edited by Lord Pityme

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Its all a load of pish LPM" they said..

"Oran & Tony have both said its rubbish LPM"

"Oran has said he's staying, end of LPM"

and to give those posters credit they stuck to their guns, continually insisting Oran had pledged to being here for the new season, whilst at the same time slating me for being pedantic about highlighting that he never once said "I will be here for the new season, i have two more years on my current contract"

when i shone a light on the fact that he never intended to move his family over, so many said "why would he? His wife's got a good job" seems Mrs K's career path was always going to be the one to win out, whilst Oran was allowed a "year out".

i will be baring my arse in Burton's window for all my detractors to kiss as the bow whilst walking past if this sorry tale does indeed end with being strung along since the Hamilton game by a manager that had already decided he was offski.

Is that window big enough? 

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

If you plan to do that if proven right, what do you intend to do if proven wrong?

Read my post, i left plenty wriggle room for my butt baring, ir not?

Just now, faraway saint said:

Is that window big enough? 

To accommodate all the people having to kiss my arse? Yeah you might have a point lol.