Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

8 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

You reckon he's a shoe in for the gig once OK goes ?

Goodwin was Dundee’s 1st choice then he pulled out the running and they gave it to McPake claiming he was 1st choice. 

It’s going to be an interesting few days but If Goodwin comes in then I fully expect him and Scott to clash as well.

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

Goodwin was Dundee’s 1st choice then he pulled out the running and they gave it to McPake claiming he was 1st choice. 

It’s going to be an interesting few days but If Goodwin comes in then I fully expect him and Scott to clash as well.

Christ... Sounds like an absolute cluster f**k with GLS at the helm.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

The fact that Gordon Scott has his boaby stuck in Macpherson’s arse 90% of the time won’t be helping matters either.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

You reckon he's a shoe in for the gig once OK goes ?

Come Monday. :whistle

My understanding, from a reliable source, was at the time of his appointment, GLS "wasn't sure" about OK and would "make a change" if it didn't work out. I would have hoped that keeping us up, even by the skin of our teeth, would have made him sure, especially given the improvement in calibre of player he brought to the club. If OK goes, five permanent managers in the three years since GLS became chairman isnt a good look.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

My understanding, from a reliable source, was at the time of his appointment, GLS "wasn't sure" about OK and would "make a change" if it didn't work out. I would have hoped that keeping us up, even by the skin of our teeth, would have made him sure, especially given the improvement in calibre of player he brought to the club. If OK goes, five permanent managers in the three years since GLS became chairman isnt a good look.

Especially not great if one of the usual suspects takes over. 

57 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

To be fair, didn’t Dundee also claim Neil McCann was always their first choice after not renewing his contract, then failing to land Jack Ross?

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I can easily believe this, more so than any fall outs over budgets which you would imagine the discussions would have been held previously.

If this is a case of GLS spitting the dummy and getting rid of a popular manager then he will need to be careful that fans don't start to turn especially if we have a poor start to the season (which looking at the fixtures isn't too hard to believe could happen)

Obviously its all guesswork at this stage but your right, 3 sackings in 3 years (2 very early in a season and one potentially after securing survival in the top league) doesn't look good on GLS

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

My take on it is, if his heart isn't in it then he needs to leave right away. We don't have time to waste nor do we want want this appearing again midway through the season. He's either all in or all out as far as i'm concerned.

We have three weeks till the season starts ( pre season fixtures next weekend ) and need something concrete in place. I'm hoping the 'money ball' recruitment team are working hard to secure deals for players that will benefit the team no matter who the gaffer will be come Easter Road in August.

If he goes, i'd like us to have a serious attempt at getting Goodwin in the door. He's not the experienced manager i would like but certainly someone that would unite the fans during yet another dismal period and keep the feel good factor of staying up alive into next season.

Absolutely spot on if it is true we need to get someone in asap to avoid a start like last season. If he is leaving due to family reasons then I have no issue at all family comes before everything but I would be disappointed if he is leaving due to budget reasons he must know that a club like us has to watch our finances. I wasn't that keen on him at the start and was angry with the team he put out against Celtic but you can't deny he did a fantastic job in last quarter of season was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year

6 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

Absolutely spot on if it is true we need to get someone in asap to avoid a start like last season. If he is leaving due to family reasons then I have no issue at all family comes before everything but I would be disappointed if he is leaving due to budget reasons he must know that a club like us has to watch our finances. I wasn't that keen on him at the start and was angry with the team he put out against Celtic but you can't deny he did a fantastic job in last quarter of season was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year

I would put our money on that, if we had any. 

When you set your stall out to be an antagonist, then you need to be able to take it.
As I said, if it turns out to be true - have at you! 
Likelihood at this point is that it will be true. If it isn't though, I'll be nicking FS's popcorn and watching it all unfold. [emoji38] 

There you go right there seeking to deflect your anger at someone who made observations, rather than the guy whose been stringing us along. Or the board who didn't insist he move to within a reasonable commute.
Hey ho, I can take your misplaced bile.