Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

To

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sweep. :lol:

Oh, sorry, inappropriate smilie time...............:bounce1

Hopefully he returns from his wee boy huff as a better man. 

He will then maybe respect fellow buddies that he is interacting with on here. 

He shouldn't be abusing Saints fans and calling them imbeciles and twats when they have only offerred their honest opinion. 

Edited by shull

4 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

This gets this sorted ASAP whether he stays or goes.  We have a hard enough start to the season to be getting on with it.  Jim Goodwin ASAP if he does go.  I personally hope he doesn't. 

If the only option is JG then I hope to feck OK stays. Jim isn't ready for this. I think he knows that as well.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
If the only option is JG then I hope to feck OK stays. Jim isn't ready for this. I think he knows that as well.

As ready as Ross or Kearney were !

Ross was, literally, in a different league so impossible to say if he would have succeeded or not.

Kearney had a mixed season but did come from another country so possibly wasn't well versed in the Scottish game.

Certainly this doesn't help the image of the club, although plenty weren't bothered about that with the CEO's comments recently. 

52 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There you go right there seeking to deflect your anger at someone who made observations, rather than the guy whose been stringing us along. Or the board who didn't insist he move to within a reasonable commute.
Hey ho, I can take your misplaced bile.

Oh if he goes and it's for the reasons that are now being speculated (ie. budgetary issues and NOT homesickness) , the board have to live with the fact that there is going to be a groundswell of public opinion that's about to turn on them in a big way for letting him up sticks and leave over their lack of funds to back up anything approaching the overabundance of ambition.

If the reasons for him going ARE that, I'll be f**king raging.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

In all seriousness if OK does go it has to be Goody for me and as I said previously I hope OK stays

If OK does go they need to move for someone quickly, no messing about getting CVs in, go out and get who you want to get. Scott cant let a manager go 2 or 3 days before pre season starts (with no assistant manager in place, or new signings made) and then take 3 or 4 weeks to appoint his replacement

The rumours of him going have been swirling for over a month now

Coleraine is a lovely place.
Still great for a weekend holiday.
The fitba wid only spoil it anyway.
My Grandfather was born and bred in Coleraine. A very good dude. 

Served in the army in Bally Kelly, used to drink in Coleraine, Limavady & surrounding areas In the 80’s. Great wee places.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

In my opinion if he does leave it will be because he is home sick he managed to wheel and deal some very decent players on the budget last season and I don't think this seasons would be lower than. Last seasons

You may be right mate. We really don't know the budget position at this time but I  would rather wait and see the quality of player brought in regardless of who our manager is.

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh if he goes and it's for the reasons that are now being speculated (ie. budgetary issues and NOT homesickness) , the board have to live with the fact that there is going to be a groundswell of public opinion that's about to turn on them in a big way for letting him up sticks and leave over their lack of funds to back up anything approaching the overabundance of ambition.

If the reasons for him going ARE that, I'll be f**king raging.

This!

Never mind OK leaving (potentially), the ambition of the club on the budget we have is laughable. Champagne lifestyle/cider budget an' all that jazz. 

Finishing 10th, 9th would be progress and we re-evaluate. 

However, this is just another clusterf**k close season. Should have seen it coming; No assistant, no new players...... Only 5 weeks to go. The St Mirren way......

Rumour I’ve heard
Oran and GLS haven't always seen eye to eye
They had a meeting, words were exchanged
Oran felt he wasn’t getting enough backing from the club
Seems like he is gone now so we’ll be looking for a new manager 

GLS our great saviour NOT !!!

6 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

This!

Never mind OK leaving (potentially), the ambition of the club on the budget we have is laughable. Champagne lifestyle/cider budget an' all that jazz. 

Finishing 10th, 9th would be progress and we re-evaluate. 

However, this is just another clusterf**k close season. Should have seen it coming; No assistant, no new players...... Only 5 weeks to go. The St Mirren way......

Brings us back to last season when Robbie Neilson removed himself from the application process citing these reasons. It does make you wonder what their ambition/budget comparisons are really like.

Your final paragraph is very true, and it’s a major concern we keep putting ourselves through.

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

Brings us back to last season when Robbie Neilson removed himself from the application process citing these reasons. It does make you wonder what their ambition/budget comparisons are really like.

Your final paragraph is very true, and it’s a major concern we keep putting ourselves through.

In short, I really don't have faith in GS and his ability to lead the club. That is me putting it nicely. I have listed the reasons for this, publicly on Twitter. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (bad fortunes), however, the fact we find ourselves in these potions more than once (several bad decisions, costly ones at that), raise real questions. You think Particks billionaire suitors can be swayed towards Paisley.......?