Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh if he goes and it's for the reasons that are now being speculated (ie. budgetary issues and NOT homesickness) , the board have to live with the fact that there is going to be a groundswell of public opinion that's about to turn on them in a big way for letting him up sticks and leave over their lack of funds to back up anything approaching the overabundance of ambition.

If the reasons for him going ARE that, I'll be f**king raging.

This.

7 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

In short, I really don't have faith in GS and his ability to lead the club. That is me putting it nicely. I have listed the reasons for this, publicly on Twitter. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (bad fortunes), however, the fact we find ourselves in these potions more than once (several bad decisions, costly ones at that), raise real questions. You think Particks billionaire suitors can be swayed towards Paisley.......?

Regretably, I think the billionaire suitors are getting divorced so probably not.....

Rumour I’ve heard
Oran and GLS haven't always seen eye to eye
They had a meeting, words were exchanged
Oran felt he wasn’t getting enough backing from the club
Seems like he is gone now so we’ll be looking for a new manager 
People don't realise that Oran Kearney was NOT Gordon Scott's pick for the Saints job
The thought of bringing in someone with no experience or knowledge of Scottish Football was seen as too risky by our chairman who opted for a more experienced manager who had made a total arse of his previous job.

Tony Fitzpatrick wanted Oran to replace JR and pushed strongly for him to get the job once again when Stubbs left.

30 days until our first competitive match and we have news like this coming out of the club.

Say what you want about the previous board, at least our former Chairman actually knew how to do his job unlike this imposter.

2 minutes ago, NB18 said:

People don't realise that Oran Kearney was NOT Gordon Scott's pick for the Saints job
The thought of bringing in someone with no experience or knowledge of Scottish Football was seen as too risky by our chairman who opted for a more experienced manager who had made a total arse of his previous job.

Tony Fitzpatrick wanted Oran to replace JR and pushed strongly for him to get the job once again when Stubbs left.

30 days until our first competitive match and we have news like this coming out of the club.

Say what you want about the previous board, at least our former Chairman actually knew how to do his job unlike this imposter.

His decision making and ability/willingness to unite the club and fans are at very least, questionable. 

He's not the man for the job in my opinion. But at present, there is not a realistic replacement or willing candidate (to my knowledge). Therefore, lets home his next couple of decisions are good ones...... Because we really need to get it right this time.

Just now, NB18 said:

If true, Tony is coming out of this way better than Gordon Scott. Tony picked a good one in OK. OK has kept us in the top flight and won over the vast majority of the fans who attend the games. He has been an absolute credit to himself and the Club. A smashing guy who had the courage to take on the shitfest that was St Mirren FC post Stubbs. I believe that with a decent budget Oran will bring the good times back. So disappointing that we appear to be on the verge of losing him. This doesnt make our Board look competent at all.

6 minutes ago, NB18 said:

What people are you referring to ?

He did bring in Stubbs, so its totally obvious he was his No 1 choice ?

My opinion is that GLS got lucky with Jack, and he should stay clear of any future Interviews

If Oran does go- then appoint Goodwin - Simples

I believe we got it right this time I don't for a minute think this had anything to do with budgets or he would be out of it all ready I still think they are trying to persuade him to stay. I truly believe its down to missing his family

What people are you referring to ?
He did bring in Stubbs, so its totally obvious he was his No 1 choice ?
My opinion is that GLS got lucky with Jack, and he should stay clear of any future Interviews
If Oran does go- then appoint Goodwin - Simples
Stubbs was Gordon Scott's first choice but he wasn't Tony's pick. Fitzy pushed for Oran to takeover from Jack but GLS opted for Stubbs despite his horrendous record at Rotherham.

In terms of us appointing Goodwin.
What makes you think he would take the job this time around?
We were argubly in a better position when he knocked us back last time.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:
16 minutes ago, magnus said:
Regretably, I think the billionaire suitors are getting divorced so probably not.....

Your behind in your sugar daddies. They have new potential millionaire suitors

What gives with all these sugar daddies loving Partick Thistle when we are available?

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

I believe we got it right this time I don't for a minute think this had anything to do with budgets or he would be out of it all ready I still think they are trying to persuade him to stay. I truly believe its down to missing his family

I understand this a bit more but if anyone is serious about football as a career they must realise that they have to go where the work is? OK is an intelligent guy. I find it difficult to believe he hadn't thought this through.

Guest TPAFKATS
My personal opinion is that most of our tactics,way we shape up,subs on and off was all Jimmy nichol decisions,never once seen him do anything without talking to nichol first then making decisions, and people saying it was gus that identified and signed January players ,not Kearney,so strange 
Managers generally discuss changes with their assistant or other coaches. Ferguson used to, pep does. Its not a big deal

10 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

In short, I really don't have faith in GS and his ability to lead the club. That is me putting it nicely. I have listed the reasons for this, publicly on Twitter. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (bad fortunes), however, the fact we find ourselves in these potions more than once (several bad decisions, costly ones at that), raise real questions. You think Particks billionaire suitors can be swayed towards Paisley.......?

I’ve also given him the benefit of the doubt up until now. If Oran stays I will continue to see things that way, and forget the stories coming out (as the media are good at talking pish anyway).

However, if Oran does leave, then my first question would be why the f**k was this not sorted after the playoffs? The week after the playoffs was the time to decide on the futures of management and players, so these concerns shouldn’t be coming out now, right before pre-season. My second question would be was it homesickness or unrealistic demands? We’ve forever got Tony going on about Top 6, Top 4, but financially there are five teams miles ahead in that regard which already makes it a very difficult task. I know we probably overspent on budget in the Championship in the final 18 months, and may well have overspent in January too for this season’s survival. However, long term it seems to be an issue.

We can only hope it’s a pile of media nonsense and these concerns are being overplayed, but you never know.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, paul torfason said:
My personal opinion is that most of our tactics,way we shape up,subs on and off was all Jimmy nichol decisions,never once seen him do anything without talking to nichol first then making decisions, and people saying it was gus that identified and signed January players ,not Kearney,so strange 

Managers generally discuss changes with their assistant or other coaches. Ferguson used to, pep does. Its not a big deal

Agree completely. Plus OK seems to be a guy that does chat to his coaches - all of them. A good sign in my view.

8 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Stubbs was Gordon Scott's first choice but he wasn't Tony's pick. Fitzy pushed for Oran to takeover from Jack but GLS opted for Stubbs despite his horrendous record at Rotherham.

I do know that Goodie keeps tabs on us thru Thommo. Personally I think he is a good fit . But hey, god knows basically

If Oran goes we will have had more managers than Chelsea in the last 9 years-which is bloody scandalous for a club our size. We need consistency and stability and if GLS has an issue with that he can get lost with my blessing- Oran leaves , our next Manager will be GLS's 5th in his very short tenure 

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

and Popescu. :rolleyes: 

Guest TPAFKATS

I heard Scott had reservations about Stubbs but went along with majority decision [emoji3]