Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

4 minutes ago, mattman said:

The quotes attributed to GS on OK's commute and missing his family seem to show genuine understanding - can't see two people falling out over the tone of that conversation. So what's changed?

Guest TPAFKATS
The quotes attributed to GS on OK's commute and missing his family seem to show genuine understanding - can't see two people falling out over the tone of that conversation. So what's changed?
I'm assuming either a change with OK family or GLS making demands re Oran relocating.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
3 minutes ago, magnus said:

I'm assuming either a change with OK family or GLS making demands re Oran relocating.

Or budget?

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh if he goes and it's for the reasons that are now being speculated (ie. budgetary issues and NOT homesickness) , the board have to live with the fact that there is going to be a groundswell of public opinion that's about to turn on them in a big way for letting him up sticks and leave over their lack of funds to back up anything approaching the overabundance of ambition.

If the reasons for him going ARE that, I'll be f**king raging.

Fair comment.

31 minutes ago, NB18 said:

People don't realise that Oran Kearney was NOT Gordon Scott's pick for the Saints job
The thought of bringing in someone with no experience or knowledge of Scottish Football was seen as too risky by our chairman who opted for a more experienced manager who had made a total arse of his previous job.

Tony Fitzpatrick wanted Oran to replace JR and pushed strongly for him to get the job once again when Stubbs left.

30 days until our first competitive match and we have news like this coming out of the club.

Say what you want about the previous board, at least our former Chairman actually knew how to do his job unlike this imposter.

We all knew this at the time of Stubbs appointment ,Oran was highly praised at the time and it was mentioned about the lack of knowledge of the Scottish game ,it was even mentioned that he could ask his Father in law IIRC.

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

This!

Never mind OK leaving (potentially), the ambition of the club on the budget we have is laughable. Champagne lifestyle/cider budget an' all that jazz. 

Finishing 10th, 9th would be progress and we re-evaluate. 

However, this is just another clusterf**k close season. Should have seen it coming; No assistant, no new players...... Only 5 weeks to go. The St Mirren way......

Shines a light on why Nicholl chucked it?

40 minutes ago, NB18 said:

People don't realise that Oran Kearney was NOT Gordon Scott's pick for the Saints job
The thought of bringing in someone with no experience or knowledge of Scottish Football was seen as too risky by our chairman who opted for a more experienced manager who had made a total arse of his previous job.

Tony Fitzpatrick wanted Oran to replace JR and pushed strongly for him to get the job once again when Stubbs left.

30 days until our first competitive match and we have news like this coming out of the club.

Say what you want about the previous board, at least our former Chairman actually knew how to do his job unlike this imposter.

What the guy who hired Stubbs? Ffs 

Longest day of the year today folks.........it all dark days from here.  Summer Solstice ? Shove it up yer hoop 

2 hours ago, Desnold said:

I'd rather see Gary Teale back than Goody. I think with a decent squad GT would move us on to the next level.

What about both?

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but probably wouldnt leave the house if i could) but i said when he was appointed that Kearney should have had a clause in his contract compelling him to move within a reasonable commute by say end of Jan 2019.

i have written clauses like that into numerous contracts, and been compelled to abide by them in my own contracts. It really shows the club up as rank amateurs who cant recruit a reasonable manager, and when they do there is nothing but speculation linking them with moves away, forcing them to keep improving the managers contract in a desperate bid to keep them.

that coupled with Scott going to the media trying to force Kearney's hand in public to move is just plain amateur dramatics!

and a helluve a lot of "Wee Man" syndrome.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but probably wouldnt leave the house if i could) but i said when he was appointed that Kearney should have had a clause in his contract compelling him to move within a reasonable commute by say end of Jan 2019.

i have written clauses like that into numerous contracts, and been compelled to abide by them in my own contracts. It really shows the club up as rank amateurs who cant recruit a reasonable manager, and when they do there is nothing but speculation linking them with moves away, forcing them to keep improving the managers contract in a desperate bid to keep them.

that coupled with Scott going to the media trying to force Kearney's hand in public to move is just plain amateur dramatics!

I’m sure that was the clause that allowed ra Sellick to punt Macari all those years ago.

If stories are to be believed, it’s an utter clusterf**k and the last 12 months starts to make you lose confidence or faith in the board and Chief Exec.

I think Kearney will go now, I can't see it going any other way.

He has options back in NI and I don't think he's convinced moving his family over etc is the way to go in the short term. GLS is looking for certainty and Kearney can't and won't give it so I think they'll part.

Both are correct in their stance IMO

Edited by lenziebud

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why do you start a post with "I'm not one to blow my own trumpet" and then proceed to...blow your own trumpet?

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another good shout. I have been so obsessed with the height of our strike force that I had forgotten just how wee Gordon and Gus are. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I’m sure that was the clause that allowed ra Sellick to punt Macari all those years ago.
If stories are to be believed, it’s an utter clusterf**k and the last 12 months starts to make you lose confidence or faith in the board and Chief Exec.
It's not about the board. The chairman owns the majority of the shares.