Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

17 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm sorry but STV reporters must be having a quiet day... this is the same story we heard yesterday, it's got be official to be taken seriously. Not saying there's nothing in it but it's not a big exclusive like STV are claiming.

Yesterday it was OK wanted to take training on Monday .

Now it seems he's been told that he won't be !

I am not remotely ITK so this is just hypothesis, perhaps OK wants to return to Coleraine but has 2 years on his contract, Coleraine could not afford to buy that out. Is it then possible that OK is not trying to get a payoff but just to leave without Coleraine having to pay compo they can't afford. We would just need to see how far he'd go to facilitate that.

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yesterday it was OK wanted to take training on Monday .

Now it seems he's been told that he won't be !

I know Billy it all seems like a shambles but the club has been too quiet so i'm trying to give all concerned the benefit of the doubt until we get facts.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I know Billy it all seems like a shambles but the club has been too quiet so i'm trying to give all concerned the benefit of the doubt until we get facts.

Hopefully all the strong words have been on this forum and there can be one last meeting between OK and GLS to resolve. 

STV new just said OK's future in doubt because of his commute, he travels back to NI every weekend. FFS does nobody proofread this shit. They've got video of him in Scotland every weekend since he got the job.

Going on information provided on both sides of the water it clearly looks as if Oran wanted to leave. Gordon is protecting St Mirrens interests long term and obviously is concerned about commitment to the saints. Certainly wouldn't be firing any shots in Gordons direction.

What if he is now Binning OK? Bit of a binner wouldn't you say?
Removing Rae and Stubbs were the correct decisions. This time? We'll see.

To me, the situation we find ourselves coinciding with there being a vacant position at Coleraine stinks. The whisperings about OK being unsettled go back a couple of months and came out of Northern Ireland.

Lets simply wait until we all know the facts much as I like Oran we all know that managing a full time professional side is virtually 24/7 the present arrangement is far from ideal he has stated already he normally flies home Sat evening comes back in time for Monday training goes home again midweek for one night it really is not great for him or more importantly for us we all know managers are out looking at opponents etc and scouting for new players attending other events we really need this whole thing resolved pronto I can only assume it was agreed that it would be fine to commute for the initial period of the contract after which the situation would be reviewed.

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That reads like a club sanctioned smear campaign. Its so full of holes its like the bigots support.

Kearney stated he is willing to take training and carry in with the job, hoping this is resolved. Scott & co just blew anothe fortune in compo with their rank amateurism. Our boardbreally do look like a bunch of three time losers. Time for a change.

Has Kearney actually been quoted saying that? I know people don't like Scott, for whatever reasons, and Kearney did well in the end for us, but this all coming out just as Coleraine announce they've missed out on their latest manager target and the position is still open seems very convenient. I'm not sure Kearney will be looking for a payoff, but I think he'll be looking to negotiate something to allow him to walk away without us going after Coleraine for tapping him up and looking for compensation.

4 minutes ago, Mykey said:

STV new just said OK's future in doubt because of his commute, he travels back to NI every weekend. FFS does nobody proofread this shit. They've got video of him in Scotland every weekend since he got the job.

Flys back every Saturday night, meaning he can’t go to games on the Sunday to scout opposition etc. 

I like OK but if he’s not willing (or able) to do 100% of what’s expected of him as manager of SMFC then it’s best for him to move on

Flys back every Saturday night, meaning he can’t go to games on the Sunday to scout opposition etc. 
I like OK but if he’s not willing (or able) to do 100% of what’s expected of him as manager of SMFC then it’s best for him to move on

He did what was expected of him keep st Mirren in the premiership.

I couldn’t care less if he had to commute from the moon and only turned up on match days as long the club is doing well on the pitch that’s all that should matter.

17 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

To me, the situation we find ourselves coinciding with there being a vacant position at Coleraine stinks. The whisperings about OK being unsettled go back a couple of months and came out of Northern Ireland.

Complete agree.

Oran had the chance to put an end to this months ago and didn't. 

Oran wanted more time to consider whether to stay or go. And then he decides to stay but still won't bring the family.

Gordon Scott is doing the right thing by the club by putting an end to this circus. Hopefully we won't have to pay up any of his contract which it looks like has been the reason for the delay. 

Get Goodwin in and lets get on with things.

25 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Edited by Kemp

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I hope somebody is keeping track of all the possible reasons, I've lost count. 

I got to 19 and then stopped collating.

All will be revealed in due course but it's crystal clear that some simply want to make stuff up for facebook and twitter  "likes".

15 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

The man is entitled to 2 days holiday every week.

What he does during those 2 days is no business of anyone but Oran and his family.

It certainly is no business of Gordon's or anyone else at the club.

Period.

20 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Lets simply wait until we all know the facts much as I like Oran we all know that managing a full time professional side is virtually 24/7 the present arrangement is far from ideal he has stated already he normally flies home Sat evening comes back in time for Monday training goes home again midweek for one night it really is not great for him or more importantly for us we all know managers are out looking at opponents etc and scouting for new players attending other events we really need this whole thing resolved pronto I can only assume it was agreed that it would be fine to commute for the initial period of the contract after which the situation would be reviewed.

All this stuff about him having to travel home to his family really is taking the biscuit.

Thousands of people work away from home for much longer periods of time and get on with it.

Obviously it's his choice but it's hardly a tough gig, along with a decent salary, plenty would take that over working 12 hours a day 7 days a week. 

25 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

we all know that managing a full time professional side is virtually 24/7

No it isn't. We are talking about football, not curing cancer.

No job is 24/7. Not even "virtually".

The man is entitled to a couple of down days a week and no employer has the right to interfere in what he does during that time unless it is affecting his work the other 5 days (and I don't mean trivial things like missing out on scouting a match - he would have to be working two 18 hours shifts and then turning up to work on the red eye and falling asleep during training).

30 minutes ago, norman said:

Has Kearney actually been quoted saying that? I know people don't like Scott, for whatever reasons, and Kearney did well in the end for us, but this all coming out just as Coleraine announce they've missed out on their latest manager target and the position is still open seems very convenient. I'm not sure Kearney will be looking for a payoff, but I think he'll be looking to negotiate something to allow him to walk away without us going after Coleraine for tapping him up and looking for compensation.

You have no need to ask LPM this - He makes stuff up ALL the time - He does not deal in facts and he ignores it nearly every time he is challenged . . . don't read his stuff with a pinch of salt - better to simply not read his pi*h at all . . .

7 hours ago, magnus said:

All doable with a good coach to take training as and when required. Gus is supposed to he doing something helpful. Players get a day off so that could be a work at home day with Skype if OK needs to speak to his coaching team. Lots of ways to make this work.

Couldn't we have done that with Jack while he's was down at Sunderland.  :whistle

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I've never been stuck in a airport following any domestic UK or ROI flights for over 30 minutes, including any delays leaving the aircraft. I might just be lucky with my young innocent looks. emoji16.png

Admit it has been a while since I've been on an domestic flight. :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
Complete agree.
Oran had the chance to put an end to this months ago and didn't. 
Oran wanted more time to consider whether to stay or go. And then he decides to stay but still won't bring the family.
Gordon Scott is doing the right thing by the club by putting an end to this circus. Hopefully we won't have to pay up any of his contract which it looks like has been the reason for the delay. 
Get Goodwin in and lets get on with things.
You expect him to unsettle his 2 kids who are primary school age and get his wife to give up her job?
We don't pay huge wages, bid be surprised if his salary with us is much more than his teaching salary (with perks) combined with his wife's salary.
Why should he risk his families happiness and financial security for our club?