Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You expect him to unsettle his 2 kids who are primary school age and get his wife to give up her job?
We don't pay huge wages, bid be surprised if his salary with us is much more than his teaching salary (with perks) combined with his wife's salary.
Why should he risk his families happiness and financial security for our club?

He is/was in the wrong place then. :byebye

If the height of Oran’s ambition is to be a PE teacher and manage a part time Northern Irish team then who are we to stand in his way?

It sounds as though there may be faults on both sides but onwards and upwards.  Hopefully we’ll be able to hold on to the next manager for a full season.  

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

East of Scotland reporting sales of popcorn have rocketed. emoji50.png

Or was it Reports from the East of Scotland of a rocket buying all the popcorn. emoji14.png

Either way anyone able to provide a actual quote from GLS or OK from the last 5 days. 🤔

Nope, but there's a large wager on we need a new manager from the east of Scotland. :booty

:jerrry

Guest TPAFKATS
If the height of Oran’s ambition is to be a PE teacher and manage a part time Northern Irish team then who are we to stand in his way?
It sounds as though there may be faults on both sides but onwards and upwards.  Hopefully we’ll be able to hold on to the next manager for a full season.  
Mibees his ambitions concern the happiness of his family?

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
16 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Mibees his ambitions concern the happiness of his family?

Why would it mean his family were unhappy if he moved? 

From the journalist who broke the story nearly a week ago...

What the f**k is he talking about being backed isn’t even the issue it’s sacking a manager who saved their faces from the Stubbs f**k up for what all we know at the moment is over a little commute.

I hope it’s not over just the commute because if it is Gordon Scott has got a hell of a backlash coming his way and if his next appointment isn’t a success then our club is in for a rough time until we get him his money back.

16 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

What the f**k is he talking about being backed isn’t even the issue it’s sacking a manager who saved their faces from the Stubbs f**k up for what all we know at the moment is over a little commute.

I hope it’s not over just the commute because if it is Gordon Scott has got a hell of a backlash coming his way and if his next appointment isn’t a success then our club is in for a rough time until we get him his money back.

Smisa have a veto on who the chairman of St Mirren can be 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4402113/oran-kearney-conclude-st-mirren-exit-gordon-scott/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561325767

If this is the truth which ou think prob is because it’s done by st Mirren supporter Graeme mcpherson then I’m on OK side on this if he wants to commute more then that’s his choice it should only come into question if it affected the players and the team performing on the pitch which it hasn’t.

Gordon Scott can go take a flying f**k to himself.

Hope goody takes the job but what decent manager wants to work under this shambles

Something has clearly changed over the last week or so and nobody has a f**king clue what that is.

I find it hard to believe that Scott and Fitzy suddenly decided the arrangement from last year wasn’t good enough, thereby throwing the club into chaos so close the start of the season again. So, IMO, either there was an agreement that OK would relocate or he’s looking to change the terms of the agreement and they don’t fancy that.

I’m giving Scott and Fitzy the benefit of the doubt on this one for the time being but if this is of their own doing and somehow costs us money and, worse still, holds us back from building a proper squad then questions will need to be asked about how they are running things as this looks like a real clusterf**k.

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4402113/oran-kearney-conclude-st-mirren-exit-gordon-scott/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561325767

If this is the truth which ou think prob is because it’s done by st Mirren supporter Graeme mcpherson then I’m on OK side on this if he wants to commute more then that’s his choice it should only come into question if it affected the players and the team performing on the pitch which it hasn’t.

Hope goody takes the job but what decent manager wants to work under this shambles

Yeah, its definitely 100% Scott's fault that Oran wanted to change the arrangement from last season, sold his house in Paisley, then conveniently decided he could no longer work with Scott when it turned out that the Coleraine job was back on the table. f**k sake, you don't like Scott, we get it,  but are you really so blind you can't see that the one person this all works out perfectly for is Kearney?

Find this quite interesting 
C6BF4287-51B9-4D67-A21A-A9670C633E77.thumb.jpeg.6cba7cb133b15f668c35fa5230a6ad13.jpeg
There's also a suggestion from Grieve that OK wanted to commute even more.

With his stock high and the Coleraine return rumours bubbling away in the background, maybe OK came back from his hols thinking "I'll try my luck and the club will blink first". Events have then proceeded in a way that he may not have anticipated.

Yeah, its definitely 100% Scott's fault that Oran wanted to change the arrangement from last season, sold his house in Paisley, then conveniently decided he could no longer work with Scott when it turned out that the Coleraine job was back on the table. f**k sake, you don't like Scott, we get it,  but are you really so blind you can't see that the one person this all works out perfectly for is Kearney?

I’ve never said a bad word about Scott before today.

If OK wants to travel back and forward everyday of the week then that’s his choice it shouldn’t matter one bit all that should matter is the results on the park and making the club successful.

3 other managers have longer commutes than OK yet no problem there or demands come out from chairmen they must move there families closer.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4402113/oran-kearney-conclude-st-mirren-exit-gordon-scott/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561325767 If this is the truth which ou think prob is because it’s done by st Mirren supporter Graeme mcpherson then I’m on OK side on this if he wants to commute more then that’s his choice it should only come into question if it affected the players and the team performing on the pitch which it hasn’t.

Mate, bearing in mind this is a Sun story, if what’s in it is true then I do have some sympathy with the Chairman.

It looks like had an agreement with OK re commuting home twice a week and now he wants to turn that into a daily thing? Do you think we’d have given him the gig in the first place if he’d asked for that?

Being Manager of a football club is about more than training and match days I’d imagine. Off the top of my head there will be time required for tactical discussions with his back room team, watching other teams play to get a sense of opponents or even scout new players and even just managing the well being of his squad throughout the season and there must be more.

I’m sure there will be examples of people doing this but I just don’t think it works and the club have every right to question that. If that’s led to a falling out with his boss then there only going to be one winner.

Not sure why compo should be on the table. He should get to his f**king work as per the agreement or suffer the fate anyone else trying to pull those in another walk of life would.

IF this story is true.[emoji85]

4 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

There's also a suggestion from Grieve that OK wanted to commute even more.

With his stock high and the Coleraine return rumours bubbling away in the background, maybe OK came back from his hols thinking "I'll try my luck and the club will blink first". Events have then proceeded in a way that he may not have anticipated.

Check out the sun article posted by buddies1877. It tells you there that he did.

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

If OK wants to travel back and forward everyday of the week then that’s his choice it shouldn’t matter one bit all that should matter is the results on the park and making the club successful.

3 other managers have longer commutes than OK yet no problem there or demands come out from chairmen they must move there families closer.

It does matter though - increased commuting can lead to worsening performance. I've lost out on a few jobs as I wasn't willing to relocate and that was only to places about 30-40 miles away.

I also seriously doubt the other managers who commute further than OK do so on a daily basis. I know that Derek McInnes certainly doesn't.

If what is reported is 100% true, I think GLS is actually quite within his rights to question if OK wants to be here long term. That's reasonable....if the guy suddenly starts changing the goalposts to that extent, it's clear he's not settled and his head's not fully in it.

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Sorry mate, but it looks very much like Kearney has worked his ticket here by trying to change the agreement and manufacture a conflict. We will see what happens, but it looks very much like he's going to walk out of here with a payoff, straight into the job he actually wants, to a team we paid money to to get him from, for nothing. We will have been f**king rinsed.

Guest TPAFKATS
Why would it mean his family were unhappy if he moved? 
I'm suggesting he places more importance on his family than his career so taking step back football wise wouldn't matter that much to him if it meant being home every day with his two young kids.