Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Sorry mate, but it looks very much like Kearney has worked his ticket here by trying to change the agreement and manufacture a conflict. We will see what happens, but it looks very much like he's going to walk out of here with a payoff, straight into the job he actually wants, to a team we paid money to to get him from, for nothing. We will have been f**king rinsed.

Absolutely. The Coleraine thing absolutely reeks. 10th of May their manager went. 6 weeks on, funnily enough, still no appointment. Meanwhile, OK is trying to play us.

6 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Bloody hell. He seriously wanted to fly in and out every single day?!

Oh well, thanks Oran. Gym time for you and Jim time for us!

Did he? You are taking the word of a journalist as gospel?

Right now I wouldn't take the word of anyone but Oran and Gordon.

Then I'd want to attempt to balance off who was likely to be telling the truth.

Where did the journo get this information from?

Gordon?

Did he check with Oran before publishing it all over the web?

If he did both then why didn't he quote both of them directly?

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, Julian Banjos said:
3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Did he? You are taking the word of a journalist as gospel?
Right now I wouldn't take the word of anyone but Oran and Gordon.
Then I'd want to attempt to balance off who was likely to be telling the truth.

Not as gospel but it's Graeme MacPherson....

It doesn't matter who it is.

Journalistic integrity says you interview both and quote directly where possible.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, Graeme McPherson does have a good record of reporting for us and is a buddie.

He and Douglas McNeill are the only two whose word on the Saints I really take note of.

I think the same question should be asked of both.

Did they get their info from Gordon or Oran and did they attempt to verify it with the other party before whoring their report all over the internet?

It does matter though - increased commuting can lead to worsening performance. I've lost out on a few jobs as I wasn't willing to relocate and that was only to places about 30-40 miles away.
I also seriously doubt the other managers who commute further than OK do so on a daily basis. I know that Derek McInnes certainly doesn't.
If what is reported is 100% true, I think GLS is actually quite within his rights to question if OK wants to be here long term. That's reasonable....if the guy suddenly starts changing the goalposts to that extent, it's clear he's not settled and his head's not fully in it.

Then that’s when he should get questioned on it.

I don’t care how he gets to or from his job as st Mirren manager or where he stays I only care what he achieves on the pitch and so far he done great.

And I can see why Oran would take huge offence to his commitment being questioned by Gordon after all the travelling he’s done and time spent away from his two kids.

6 minutes ago, norman said:

Sorry mate, but it looks very much like Kearney has worked his ticket here by trying to change the agreement and manufacture a conflict. We will see what happens, but it looks very much like he's going to walk out of here with a payoff, straight into the job he actually wants, to a team we paid money to to get him from, for nothing. We will have been f**king rinsed.

Wouldn't alltogether surprise me if this is the scenario (or the reverse). Football is great to watch but it's not a nice business.

Do I rate OK as a Manager - Yes. Did I rate Jack Ross - yes. There was life before and after Ross and there will be life after OK.

Just spare me a badge kisser or fan lover who isn't an ex player as manager.

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Then that’s when he should get questioned on it.

I don’t care how he gets to or from his job as st Mirren manager or where he stays I only care what he achieves on the pitch and so far he done great.

And I can see why Oran would take huge offence to his commitment being questioned by Gordon after all the travelling he’s done and time spent away from his two kids.

I'm afraid you're missing the point though. If it has gone down the way it's being reported, the simple notion of even asking the question to change the goalposts is a red flag in itself.

It's not quite as full on as leaving the web browser in work open on indeed.com but it's not a boot in the arse away.

If you're looking to manufacture a conflict, safe in the knowledge you have a cushy number waiting for you back home if things don't go your way, it's really easy to do.

I'm not saying neither party is blameless and I really like OK. I'd be raging if this appeared to be a petty squabble but I will stand by GLS for protecting the interests of SMFC before I'll stand by a manager going into chancing it territory.

Edited by djchapsticks

But......doesn't it show he lacked commitment to the club?   

OK, if given his way, of travelling daily could easily have missed training the day before an important game because of a cabin crew strike, bad weather, a suspicious piece of luggage, you name it.

Wouldn't have bothered him though apparently.

But......doesn't it show he lacked commitment to the club?   

OK, if given his way, of travelling daily could easily have missed training the day before an important game because of a cabin crew strike, bad weather, a suspicious piece of luggage, you name it.

Wouldn't have bothered him though apparently.

Wouldn’t have bothered me either as long as we got a good performance on the Saturday and 3 points.

As I’ve said before he could commute to the moon everyday or only appear for match days as long as he is achieving what he’s meant to on the park.

I also don’t believe the other stuff like he’s manufactured his way out of the club to get back to coleraine and his old teachers job trying to do over the club don’t believe he’s that type of guy What I do believe is he wanted to commute more to be with his two young kids and wife more.

If the extra commuting started to affect our performance on the pitch then that’s when it should get questioned and his job would be on the line.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

If the extra commuting started to affect our performance on the pitch then that’s when it should get questioned and his job would be on the line.

At which point the same people screaming that he should be allowed to commute, would scream with their 20/20 hindsight powers: 'Why was this even allowed to happen in the first place?!'

You know it for a fact that they would.

At which point the same people screaming that he should be allowed to commute, would scream with their 20/20 hindsight powers: 'Why was this even allowed to happen in the first place?!'
You know it for a fact that they would.

Of course they would some moan no matter what and love things like this.

I understand the point that if results are good then who cares but it seems likely that the more time he’s away from the club something will suffer. Why take that chance?

In terms of his achievements I wouldn’t say he’s been great. He’s been decent given the circumstances.

If, and it’s a big if, things have gone down the way the two journos have described them he’s taking the piss IMO and it would seem obvious that something has been going on for some time hence Coleraine still not having a new man in place.

If we have to pay any compo to a guy, we had to effectively buy in the first place, after less than a year then we’re f**king mugs.

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Absolutely. The Coleraine thing absolutely reeks. 10th of May their manager went. 6 weeks on, funnily enough, still no appointment. Meanwhile, OK is trying to play us.

A HA...... someone has worked it out at last  :whistle  but lets just blame Gordon Scott anyway,,,  we've no had a good lynching in this town since the Kilbarchan Witches 

fire burn GIF

4 hours ago, pod said:

Forum member have been reading what journalist have been writing and as a result, have  hang drawn and quartered GS. 

Yes and they shouldn't be doing that either.

Neither side should be getting tried and sentenced by social media at this point.

It's tempting to comment on the situation but we really have nothing certain to go by except a few unattributed claims.

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Ffs, you wrote he was entitled to 2 days off. Where did you get this info from?

I'm not interested in this sort of hair splitting argument where you take my words literally.

I'm assuming you are grown up enough to understand the point I am making about employees being allowed a life outside work free from their boss's interference.

If there is any truth in OK asking to commute every day then that is a different matter but we have absolutely no proof of that right now.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Wouldn’t have bothered me either as long as we got a good performance on the Saturday and 3 points.

As I’ve said before he could commute to the moon everyday or only appear for match days as long as he is achieving what he’s meant to on the park.

I also don’t believe the other stuff like he’s manufactured his way out of the club to get back to coleraine and his old teachers job trying to do over the club don’t believe he’s that type of guy What I do believe is he wanted to commute more to be with his two young kids and wife more.

As with Stubbs, the decision should be made not only based on results achieved so far, but on what results are likely to be achieved in the future.

You keep writing that you "don't care about the commute."

Forget about the commute itself, it is about commitment and about the stability of St Mirren. Kearney didn't put an end to the rumours of returning to Coleraine last season because he wanted that door still open. He went away on holiday and said he wouldn't commit to St Mirren until talking to his wife. In the meantime our assistant manager leaves to join a lower league club.

Now I don't know exactly what happened this week but it seems he now wants to move the goalposts again.

He simply isn't the most attractive candidate to be manager any more. The best decision for St Mirren is to get him out and get a new coach in.

Meanwhile we have managed to secure the signing of Popescu by the team GS has put in charge, who are fully committed to the club.

I'm backing Gordon Scott 100% on this call.

And Coleraine are still sitting without a manager two months later, why? Oran aint a Saint in more ways than one.

Edited by Kemp

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You expect him to unsettle his 2 kids who are primary school age and get his wife to give up her job?
We don't pay huge wages, bid be surprised if his salary with us is much more than his teaching salary (with perks) combined with his wife's salary.
Why should he risk his families happiness and financial security for our club?

If he wants to be St Mirren manager, of course.