Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

We'll all look back fondly on the time a drillie from Norn Iron came over to keep us in the premier league then returned to his packed lunch in the staff room.

I get the family thing but you have to wonder about Oran's professional sanity down the line. What will be going through his mind when he's putting away the badminton nets or berating a wean for not bringing in his PE kit when, if he'd kept his mouth shut, he could have been preparing us for a trip to Parkhead or whatever?

I honestly think there’s more to this than being a PE teacher/away from home.

Something must have come up in discussions between Oran and the board which one side has not been happy with the demands or expectations of the other. And GS/TF have previous for this.

13 hours ago, norman said:

Has Kearney actually been quoted saying that? I know people don't like Scott, for whatever reasons, and Kearney did well in the end for us, but this all coming out just as Coleraine announce they've missed out on their latest manager target and the position is still open seems very convenient. I'm not sure Kearney will be looking for a payoff, but I think he'll be looking to negotiate something to allow him to walk away without us going after Coleraine for tapping him up and looking for compensation.

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Given what this will cost, and whatever additional costs bringing in a new guy might entail i can see the old firm getting all four stands for every game!

and do you know how easily it could have been resolved??? By offering him an improved deal on condition he moves by the agreed deadline. So what was a minor issue, has by ego been allowed to completely derail the club. Piss poor amateurs.

tell me how good does it feel

to have wee anxious back at the wheel?

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Given what this will cost, and whatever additional costs bringing in a new guy might entail i can see the old firm getting all four stands for every game!

and do you know how easily it could have been resolved??? By offering him an improved deal on condition he moves by the agreed deadline. So what was a minor issue, has by ego been allowed to completely derail the club. Piss poor amateurs.

tell me how good does it feel

to have wee anxious back at the wheel?

How do you know any of this? You think it's just an amazing coincidence all this happened just as Kearney's old job became available again? 

Guest TPAFKATS
As you said, why did he want the job in the 1st place ?
Mibees he was fed up listening to his father in law stories about managing in a bigger league.

1 minute ago, norman said:

How do you know any of this? You think it's just an amazing coincidence all this happened just as Kearney's old job became available again? 

How much do you think five or six return flights a week cost? Do you think Kearney could afgord that ffs!

the rest i know because the chairman has spaffed it all over the media that he wants to change the custom & practice the club allowed Kearney to commute at the end/start of his working week. An improved deal could have sorted it, now the Kearney family will have a nice big lump sum to set them up for the future, and Coleraine will be pisding themselves laughing at getting back for nothing. In fact smfc will still owe Coleraine if they dont play the friendly!

Now , the rumours are that Ok wanted to commute daily . I’ve said before I’d no issue with people commuting but just think of the logistics in this case, IF , and I stress IF this is indeed his request.

First flight from Belfast intl is 07:45 this would entail OK leaving home at 06:00 approx . Get to Ralston about 9:00

Return flights from Paisley international leave diff times each day between 15:30 -16:45 . This could mean him leaving after only 5 hours on site (incl lunch ) on at least a couple of days . Not ideal for the club or players .
From OKs perspective , I would say continued 12 hour days with two flights a day would pretty quickly take its toll on the man .....and his family life.

Sorry saga , hope it gets sorted soon.

Sorry for sounding like a travel agent again but with the amount of travel, driving and flying I do myself , I can tell you it is not the ideal scenario .

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Now , the rumours are that Ok wanted to commute daily . I’ve said before I’d no issue with people commuting but just think of the logistics in this case, IF , and I stress IF this is indeed his request.

First flight from Belfast intl is 07:45 this would entail OK leaving home at 06:00 approx . Get to Ralston about 9:00

Return flights from Paisley international leave diff times each day between 15:30 -16:45 . This could mean him leaving after only 5 hours on site (incl lunch ) on at least a couple of days . Not ideal for the club or players .
From OKs perspective , I would say continued 12 hour days with two flights a day would pretty quickly take its toll on the man .....and his family life.

Sorry saga , hope it gets sorted soon.

Sorry for sounding like a travel agent again but with the amount of travel, driving and flying I do myself , I can tell you it is not the ideal scenario .

To summarise...............daily commute is a load of made up shite? 

Nothing surprises me with some people wanting to believe ANYTHING. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How much do you think five or six return flights a week cost? Do you think Kearney could afgord that ffs!

the rest i know because the chairman has spaffed it all over the media that he wants to change the custom & practice the club allowed Kearney to commute at the end/start of his working week. An improved deal could have sorted it, now the Kearney family will have a nice big lump sum to set them up for the future, and Coleraine will be pisding themselves laughing at getting back for nothing. In fact smfc will still owe Coleraine if they dont play the friendly!

No, I don't think Kearney had any intention of commuting each day. I don't think he had any intention of remaining at St Mirren at all, has already sold his house in Paisley, and has been working his ticket hoping for a payoff and making sure Coleraine don't have to pay compensation, before his safety net disappears. But at the end of the day, I know as much as you. 

2 minutes ago, norman said:

No, I don't think Kearney had any intention of commuting each day. I don't think he had any intention of remaining at St Mirren at all, has already sold his house in Paisley, and has been working his ticket hoping for a payoff and making sure Coleraine don't have to pay compensation, before his safety net disappears. But at the end of the day, I know as much as you. 

Errr he doesnt have a house in Paisley! And how do you know he had indeed bought, and sold a house at all?

15 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Apart from the Stubbs appointment, the judgement of GS has been sound and has moved the club forward: binning Rae, appointing Ross, binning Stubbs early, appointing Oran and bringing in Gus....

That's not to mention off-field improvements to the fan experience.

D

14 hours ago, billyg said:

Yesterday it was OK wanted to take training on Monday .

Now it seems he's been told that he won't be !

OK has too many options at his disposal and that might have spooked Scott to go public, possibly as a distress flare to likely candidates that it was the manager rather than the club that had provoked this situation.  Cack-handed, in my opinion, if true.

Anyhoo, the manager can now argue that the bond of trust between both parties has been broken, so he has some sort of case for constructive dismissal based on the public ignominy of the club announcing he is suspended.  Too messy, in my opinion.  There was an easy option to give him a few bucks and for everyone to hold hands, cry into their beer and shout that family is more important.  We should have gone in early and gone in clean to get the situation resolved.

tweet from Ronnie Charters , @STVronnie
At St Mirren training ground this morning with no sign of manager Oran Kearney. Allan McManus taking training

Players thoughts [emoji116]

Gary McKenzie: “Maybe you can tell me, not got a clue”

Kyle Magennis: “Don’t know what happening, we haven’t been told anything”

More on @STVSport

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Errr he doesnt have a house in Paisley! And how do you know he had indeed bought, and sold a house at all?

Going by the media reports, or do they only count if they suit your agenda? I know the same as you, but with the Coleraine rumours rumbling on since before the playoffs, them not appointing a new manager still after 6 weeks, and him having a teaching job to go back to and a family in Northern Ireland, then it seems to me the most obvious explanation for all this is probably the correct one.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

tweet from Ronnie Charters , @STVronnie
At St Mirren training ground this morning with no sign of manager Oran Kearney. Allan McManus taking training

Players thoughts emoji116.png

Gary McKenzie: “Maybe you can tell me, not got a clue”

Kyle Magennis: “Don’t know what happening, we haven’t been told anything”

More on @STVSport

Has anyone checked flight arrivals? Maybe he has been delayed on that daily commute thing... arf... arf... arf...

1 minute ago, norman said:

Going by the media reports, or do they only count if they suit your agenda? I know the same as you, but with the Coleraine rumours rumbling on since before the playoffs, them not appointing a new manager still after 6 weeks, and him having a teaching job to go back to and a family in Northern Ireland, then it seems to me the most obvious explanation for all this is probably the correct one.

What explanation?

9 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

It’s aw done noo.

Coleraine have just tweeted a press announcement will happen at 2 o’clock about a new manager.

Gordon wullnae be a happy dude

and you can show us a screenshot of this tweet.....................................