Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Good shout. Just checked the Coleraine Twitter account and other than someone having been shat on by a pigeon there is no new breaking news.

I did just find this, though, from a Coleraine fan...

image.png.9f24bc67b94751d95d4f139964e495d9.png

I'm not sure our two clubs are that different 😂 (aside from ours being miles better, obvs.)

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Errr he doesnt have a house in Paisley! And how do you know he had indeed bought, and sold a house at all?

The same way you know for fact we’ll need to pay his full contract + compensation for stress, that GLS categorically was looking to change an agreement on travel that was carrying into the new season & that we’ll owe compensation for cancelling a friendly? 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

And you can confirm all this how?

quit whilst youre only losing poorly!

I can't confirm it, same way you can't confirm any of your theories. I do think mine is slightly more plausible than a media conspiracy led by Gordon Scott to get rid of a manger for reasons unknown, but you are free to believe what you want I suppose.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Thank you.

It wouldn’t be the first time (or second, third, 50th) time LPM has committed himself to unfounded claims only to be found out as completely false. 

Always curious that his go to has to be the most negative representation of GLS possible... almost like he has some sort of vendetta against him, can’t think why. :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, norman said:

How do you know any of this? You think it's just an amazing coincidence all this happened just as Kearney's old job became available again? 

He doesn't, that's the thing. Anything to have a dig at GLS and the rest of the board as per usual.

4 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Eh I struggle wi this place . I just postit whit I saw

The Krankies have retired from doing the Pantomime. They were the best. 

I am devastatit. 

Ah um. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Given what this will cost, and whatever additional costs bringing in a new guy might entail i can see the old firm getting all four stands for every game!

and do you know how easily it could have been resolved??? By offering him an improved deal on condition he moves by the agreed deadline. So what was a minor issue, has by ego been allowed to completely derail the club. Piss poor amateurs.

tell me how good does it feel

to have wee anxious back at the wheel?

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And you can confirm all this how?

quit whilst youre only losing poorly!

It's almost like you were asking yourself a question.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

They've handled this so well, updating the support, taking considered decisions, showing leadership...... ROTFLMFAO

But you have made several claims about compensation & GLS moving pre agreed travel arrangements. The point is you are practically claiming them as fact when you can’t possibly know. 

They've handled this so well, updating the support, taking considered decisions, showing leadership...... ROTFLMFAO

If you were in dispute with your employer, if that's where the club is with OK, would you be happy for them to share the details of that with your colleagues, customers etc? I know I wouldn't.

Regardless of the reasons, this is a confidential matter between the club & OK and much as we many of us feel that we have a "right to know", we don't actually.

What that Kearney is indeed not taking training today. And Scott calling for him to move in the media arent fact?

you are funny

Where has GLS been specifically quoted in the media this weekend calling for him to move to the point where it is move or leave? Why don’t you share it along with the proof we’ll need to pay him two years of wages plus stress related compensation... 

If something has become a legal matter as mentioned today in the papers, surely you can understand the club cannot comment directly to fans until this is resolved. 

To me, it seems like they have considered decisions, looking at the long term and questioning the managers commitment. They have shown leadership by taking action.

I lik Oran, he brought that same feel good factor unity that JR did, though whatever happens, the board are acting in the clubs best interests. They may be businessman, though they are also fans like the rest of us.

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

If something has become a legal matter as mentioned today in the papers, surely you can understand the club cannot comment directly to fans until this is resolved. 

To me, it seems like they have considered decisions, looking at the long term and questioning the managers commitment. They have shown leadership by taking action.

I lik Oran, he brought that same feel good factor unity that JR did, though whatever happens, the board are acting in the clubs best interests. They may be businessman, though they are also fans like the rest of us.

They allowed Oran to commute, now they want to change that, but under employment law its an established custom & practice. 

The astonishing thing is the amount of people buying the club's smear that "Oran wasnt committed to the job". No wonder he went off it with Scott when he levelled that scandalous accusation at him!

Anyone notice a lack of Oran's commitment at the end of last season? Scott is pathetic and costing this club hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

He was asked by the media prior to our two playoff games about the Coleraine vacancy and he didn't really deny any interest, or show any sorts of indication that this is where he wanted to be long term. He said at the time, my main focus is these two playoff games. 

From the newspapers today, its revealed his old PE job is still open for another 3 months and tying that in with the vacancy at Coleraine, you can't help but think he would want to return to that and think the only way he can have anywhere near close to that family time over here, is to ask to commute daily, which i completely stand with board on this one. It is completely unreasonable at club level to have that flexibility. 
People can compare the commute in duration all they like with mainland ones, though this is completely different and would most likely restrict a lot of the work that is required of a fulll-time football manager. 

Being a family man myself, I can completely understand OK must be finding it difficult with time away from his wife and kids and respect he is putting family first, though it doesnt seem to have ended in a nice way.

I think GS has every right to question the manager he employs about long-term commitment. It says that after requesting a daily commute he came to a compromise of a couple of days a week again, though, that clearly showed he would first and foremost wish to travel home more often rather than think to settling here permanently.

Lucky you.... are you into wife swapping  🥺

homer simpson eating GIF

7 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

If you were in dispute with your employer, if that's where the club is with OK, would you be happy for them to share the details of that with your colleagues, customers etc? I know I wouldn't.

Regardless of the reasons, this is a confidential matter between the club & OK and much as we many of us feel that we have a "right to know", we don't actually.

The 30% shareholders have a right to know!

that asides the club could update without breaching any confidentiality. It may only be a holding statement but at least it would be some info to the people who fund the club.