Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Coleraine were refused permission to talk to the Dundalk Assistant Manager in the last few days.  Doesn't look like they're waiting around for OK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48722569

Yeah, and all this resurfaced the day they announced they'd been refused permission and were not pursuing the Dundalk guy any further.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They allowed Oran to commute, now they want to change that, but under employment law its an established custom & practice. 

The astonishing thing is the amount of people buying the club's smear that "Oran wasnt committed to the job". No wonder he went off it with Scott when he levelled that scandalous accusation at him!

Anyone notice a lack of Oran's commitment at the end of last season? Scott is pathetic and costing this club hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

It’s also been well publicised that OK wants to increase the amount he commutes. Do you know for a fact this is wrong? 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

The 30% shareholders have a right to know!

that asides the club could update without breaching any confidentiality. It may only be a holding statement but at least it would be some info to the people who fund the club.

Actually they don’t necessarily, BoD privilege exists in companies that have shares or ownerships with large groups of individuals. I’m a shareholder at Tesco & a member of the Nationwide building society. Does that mean I should be kept informed of every legal process their BoD explores?

Does a holding statement have an impact on anyone’s life or could we just as easily wait? 

More unfounded garbage. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Are you his lawyer. :unsure:

What's wrong with commuting to Belfast? It takes 10 minutes to airport and a 35 minute flight. Derek mcinnes commutes to Aberdeen from Paisley as an example, a longer trip. I just don't get the problem here with that. Why bring his young family and wife to Scotland when we know football is fickle and OK would likely find himself out of a job in 2-3 years time anyway as we won't have won the champions league by then [emoji6]don't get it. It stinks

3 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

What's wrong with commuting to Belfast? It takes 10 minutes to airport and a 35 minute flight. Derek mcinnes commutes to Aberdeen from Paisley as an example, a longer trip. I just don't get the problem here with that. Why bring his young family and wife to Scotland when we know football is fickle and OK would likely find himself out of a job in 2-3 years time anyway as we won't have won the champions league by then emoji6.pngdon't get it. It stinks

How regular. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Roy Keane has quit as Assistant at Forest claiming he wants to get back to being a manager.

I wonder who will be the first on here to claim that Keane has orchestrated this situation so he can be the new Buddies boss.

Won't be me, though, no sirree. :whistle

You could probably change the O to an R and both their surnames start with K - no new tops needed....

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s also been well publicised that OK wants to increase the amount he commutes. Do you know for a fact this is wrong? 

Actually they don’t necessarily, BoD privilege exists in companies that have shares or ownerships with large groups of individuals. I’m a shareholder at Tesco & a member of the Nationwide building society. Does that mean I should be kept informed of every legal process their BoD explores?

Does a holding statement have an impact on anyone’s life or could we just as easily wait? 

More unfounded garbage. 

When you say "well publicised" please copy us in on the official notification from either club or manager to this effect.  Just to qualify this, i could publicise the notion that there are high levels of mercury in the water at Ralston and you couldn,t disprove that-would that make it a fact just because you couldn't prove it was wrong?

That's two questions.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Imagine if Oran is using one of the club sponsors to represent him in his settlement case? Oh the irony would be priceless, what Just Employment Law giveth, they taketh away ten fold plus costs!

obviously free, timely and effective employment law advice doesn't form part of the sponsorship deal. Lol

Gordon is using them also. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats what i would have thought.

I could get him a cracking settlement.... for a fee!

If Oran left because he wasnt allowed to commute then it would be classed as Constructive Dismissal.A good Employment Lawyer would advise you against going down that particular road as the success rate is only around 5%.Seen by Tribunals as a route used by those who are "at it". 

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

When you say "well publicised" please copy us in on the official notification from either club or manager to this effect.  Just to qualify this, i could publicise the notion that there are high levels of mercury in the water at Ralston and you couldn,t disprove that-would that make it a fact just because you couldn't prove it was wrong?

That's two questions.

You clearly have struggled to understand the most simple of points here. I’ll try & simplify further (no easy task) 

a lot of media attention has came on the club, LPM has jumped on it & practically claimed one of the most negative possible interpretation of this as fact. I am simply pointing out, how can he possibly know this media attention isn’t true? No claim either way from me, I’m only pointing out the clear flaw in his comments.

If you still don’t understand do you have someone that could maybe explain this to you? Shouldn’t be hard. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You clearly have struggled to understand the most simple of points here. I’ll try & simplify further (no easy task) 

a lot of media attention has came on the club, LPM has jumped on it & practically claimed one of the most negative possible interpretation of this as fact. I am simply pointing out, how can he possibly know this media attention isn’t true? No claim either way from me, I’m only pointing out the clear flaw in his comments.

If you still don’t understand do you have someone that could maybe explain this to you? Shouldn’t be hard. 

Well, I'd like you to explain how "well publicised" is sufficient justificcation for you to speculate when at the same time you pour scorn on people for not sticking to the facts.

You said the desire to commute more was well publicised-does this really mean it was nothing more than the subject of rumours, you evasive little man.

Your line is that the absence of proof to the contrary makes something true, which makes Einstein look like a bit of a dick alongside all who have striven to either prove or disprove the substance of his theory.