Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

3 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

What's his job title again? 

I corrected myself, hands up. I didn’t see the last bit, only thought you were referring to GLS. But I guarantee 99% of people wouldn’t cancel a family holiday in that level of job role. Not like we pay him millions a year. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Hands up everyone that would have cancelled their summer holiday to address a situation in work? 

I honestly think my work couldn’t care if I turned up or not 😂 I’m not the chairman or the chief exec 😂 ridiculous post

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You would think the CEO should be scheduled to be here for the return of the players. The Popescu contract needs signed for one thing!

I am backing the club on moving Kearney on, but the situation is exposing how shambolic the running of the club really is.

And why is Popescu allowed to wander about outside the stadium saying his contract isn’t done? Where is the DoF? Where is the PR & media “team”?

Time for a clear out of the “jobs for the boys” crew in my opinion.

Ffs Popescu hasn’t said anything incriminating & TF is entitled to go on holiday. Situation looked resolved until last week 

Just now, barrhead saint said:

Wow. It's a bit of a fukin 'situation' don't u think? Do u suggest that they stay on holiday until the end of next week?

No one has said GLS is on holiday, just away. I suggest Tony stays & enjoys his holiday like anyone else would do. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Hands up everyone that would have cancelled their summer holiday to address a situation in work? 

This sums you up, your arse must be raw, you try to reduce this situation as some minor work situation and yes, the vast majority of chairmen would have been back in a flash trying to reduce the damage at the club. 🤡

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I corrected myself, hands up. I didn’t see the last bit, only thought you were referring to GLS. But I guarantee 99% of people wouldn’t cancel a family holiday in that level of job role. Not like we pay him millions a year. 

You can't guarantee that 😂 regardless of what you believe you don't speak for everyone.

I've had to cancel annual leave due to being short staffed as have plenty of others on here I'd imagine, so. me of the junior members of my team have volunteered to cancel if they had to. Depends how much you give a f**k about your job/team I suppose. 

Eta

He didn't have to cancel his holiday either. Fly back for a day, sort it, claim the flight on expenses. Boss is happy because its sorted. Not ideal but not the end of the world either. 

Edited by slapsalmon

1 minute ago, mattman said:

I honestly think my work couldn’t care if I turned up or not 😂 I’m not the chairman or the chief exec 😂 ridiculous post

Aye Tony should drop everything & ship himself back home from his holiday because the manager is going. What difference would he have made exactly? 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Aye Tony should drop everything & ship himself back home from his holiday because the manager is going. What difference would he have made exactly? 

He is supposed to be the CEO 😂

If he can’t do anything to sort this out then what exactly is he supposed to be doing at all?

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Amazing.

1. We aren’t just talking about Tony.

2. He’s the chief exec

3. Why are you not grasping this !!!!

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Ehh lol so what the board aren’t allowed to say Oran asked to commute daily but we didn’t think that was right so we made a compromise to continue what was already happening with twice a week commutes which we then questioned Oran’s commitment to the club

That’s some commute on a daily basis! I don’t think you would be able to maintain it over the season.

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A decent ceo would make a huge difference,  so for once you are correct, he shud stay away.

Edited by barrhead saint

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You would think the CEO should be scheduled to be here for the return of the players. The Popescu contract needs signed for one thing!

I am backing the club on moving Kearney on, but the situation is exposing how shambolic the running of the club really is.

And why is Popescu allowed to wander about outside the stadium saying his contract isn’t done? Where is the DoF? Where is the PR & media “team”?

Time for a clear out of the “jobs for the boys” crew in my opinion.

This, well said sir   👍

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This sums you up, your arse must be raw, you try to reduce this situation as some minor work situation and yes, the vast majority of chairmen would have been back in a flash trying to reduce the damage at the club. 🤡

I haven’t said anything about the chairman coming back because I don’t know the reason why he’s away. Fans demanding TF returns from holiday though is nothing short of desperation & completely pathetic 

I wouldn’t mind someone who won promotion in his second year in charge at a club who were favourites for relegation, kept that team up against all the odds while in charge, and in that time also won a national diddy trophy, and got to the final of a major trophy too.

If only there was someone out there on our budget for our next manger.