Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Hands up everyone that would have cancelled their summer holiday to address a situation in work? 

For a director or senior manager of any company to go on holiday during a shitstorm which is his responsibility to fix, would be grounds for removing him from his post.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I corrected myself, hands up. I didn’t see the last bit, only thought you were referring to GLS. But I guarantee 99% of people wouldn’t cancel a family holiday in that level of job role. Not like we pay him millions a year. 

Whatever we pay him, it is to much and his job level is the 2nd highest position at the club would you not say  ?

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For a director or senior manager of any company to go on holiday during a shitstorm which is his responsibility to fix, would be grounds for removing him from his post.

We still don’t know the ins and outs. You also realise someone being sacked for going on authorised annual leave would be grounds for wrongful dismissal right? 

11 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

If Gus gets the job I’m not going back until he leaves 

Why? Some fans have a short (possibly selective) memory of his tenure I.e first league cup final in decades, safety in the league for 5 consecutive seasons. During last season I would have bitten your hand off for a dull 0-0, 1-1 against Livi, Hamilton, Motherwell etc. It also seems like a strange coincidence that after Gus was hired we actually stared picking up points because we were more defensive! The truth is I don’t care who the manager is so long as we are competing with the clubs around us. If that is Gus, Jim Goodwin or Rafa Benitez then stroll on. 

COYS 

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Aye Tony should drop everything & ship himself back home from his holiday because the manager is going. What difference would he have made exactly? 

Do you know what the job of a CEO entails? 

I ask because you seem to think it's just another job.

Can’t expect the cancelling of holidays & plans because of something that only seems to have came to a head last week. 
The assumption about not being able to keep a PE teacher is glazing over a lot of the media info as well tbh. 
Surely they've known for a while when their holiday period is?

Just now, oaksoft said:

Do you know what the job of a CEO entails? 

I ask because you seem to think it's just another job.

Yes I understand the accountability of a CEO, I deal with their R&R on a near daily basis. I understand the legal & regulatory impacts on that role if for example a business did something wrong regarding unfair practices. 

I also fully know that they are still entitled to taking agreed holidays without fear of losing their job. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Still wouldn’t say we can force him to cancel a holiday or expect that 

Ask yourself why you are the only person who thinks this  ?    Surely he shouldnt' still be on holiday when the players return for training since our last game was over 4 weeks ago. 

Just now, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
Can’t expect the cancelling of holidays & plans because of something that only seems to have came to a head last week. 
The assumption about not being able to keep a PE teacher is glazing over a lot of the media info as well tbh. 

Surely they've known for a while when their holiday period is?

Imagine so, I assume TF holiday was in the works long before a breakdown in communication last week (if that’s indeed true) 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We still don’t know the ins and outs. You also realise someone being sacked for going on authorised annual leave would be grounds for wrongful dismissal right? 

You clearly have no idea how companies work at director level.

You are making a fool of yourself.

Just now, renfrew said:

Ask yourself why you are the only person who thinks this  ?    Surely he shouldnt' still be on holiday when the players return for training since our last game was over 4 weeks ago. 

Maybe he’s been working right through that period while the manager, coaches & players have been away. They come back & start pre season & he takes his break. Not saying that is the case but you can surely see how it’s entirely plausible? 

We’re rumoured to have several signing targets in the works. Who’s been overseeing that last few weeks? Could easily be TF & GLS

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yes I understand the accountability of a CEO, I deal with their R&R on a near daily basis. I understand the legal & regulatory impacts on that role if for example a business did something wrong regarding unfair practices. 

I also fully know that they are still entitled to taking agreed holidays without fear of losing their job. 

So what is the job of a CEO?

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

You clearly have no idea how companies work at director level.

You are making a fool of yourself.

You do know you are wasting your time?

His inability to see beyond his initial thought, combined with his blind attempts to defend ANYTHING to do with the club make him impossible to engage with.

You can already see him regurgitating certain words and phrases in the last 30  minutes. 

I suppose this was always going to be a possibility given that OK didn’t fully commit to the club (he took a years career break from his teaching job) I actually think he has made the correct decision for himself and family in the long run. Football is a fickle career choice, he could easily have been out of work by November (given our track record). 

From the guy that’s on record now saying that a business employee can be sacked for taking agreed annual leave. :blink:

Being a secretarial assistant to a director doesn't mean you know their job.

You are fluffing your own pillows again.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

So what is the job of a CEO?

The actual R&R for a CEO will differ depending on the size, nature & ownership structure of a company. 

In St Mirrens case his role could be as varied as completely overseeing the club administration to having a very siloed role below GLS. It’s never been confirmed. 

Are you trying to deflect from a claim he could be sacked for going on holiday? 

Maybe he’s been working right through that period while the manager, coaches & players have been away. They come back & start pre season & he takes his break. Not saying that is the case but you can surely see how it’s entirely plausible? 

We’re rumoured to have several signing targets in the works. Who’s been overseeing that last few weeks? Could easily be TF & GLS

No I cant see it. The top 2 people at the club away at the same time, he only a few hrs away in Europe but maybe that tell you he cares more for his holiday then the club. 

Imagine so, I assume TF holiday was in the works long before a breakdown in communication last week (if that’s indeed true) 
Breakdown in communications aside. It's just nuts that the CEO of the club gets to take a holiday when we should be signing players. Welcoming players back from their holidays.

Absolutely nuts.

Ps the breakdown has been in the post since before the end of last season.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Being a secretarial assistant to a director doesn't mean you know their job.

You are fluffing your own pillows again.

We know you get very bitter & upset debating me, you use these kind of coping mechanisms which is find.

It’s curious though, the secretarial assistants, BoD members, risk function, cleaners, auditors, Janitors & practically everyone else at the company I work in know you can’t sack an employee (at any level) for taking authorised annual leave...