Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

No I cant see it. The top 2 people at the club away at the same time, he only a few hrs away in Europe but maybe that tell you he cares more for his holiday then the club. 

Do you know the reason for GLS being away or are you assuming it’s the same as TF? 

Just now, Hambud said:

Breakdown in communications aside. It's just nuts that the CEO of the club gets to take a holiday when we should be signing players. Welcoming players back from their holidays.

Absolutely nuts.

Ps the breakdown has been in the post since before the end of last season.

I already said we don’t know the facts. Who’s to say TF hasn’t been running things over the holiday period for the players & management? Someone had to. Maybe the plan was he goes when they all come back? Perfectly plausible. 

OK & GLS noted a few weeks ago he wasn’t leaving. Whatever has happened to change that us come to a head since then. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Do you know the reason for GLS being away or are you assuming it’s the same as TF? 

Fact, both of the 2 top people at the club away at the same time, that I do know. Memo to myself, never reply to bazil85 thread unless piss drunk   🍻

2 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Breakdown in communications aside. It's just nuts that the CEO of the club gets to take a holiday when we should be signing players. Welcoming players back from their holidays.

Absolutely nuts.

Ps the breakdown has been in the post since before the end of last season.

Exactly.

This is when a CEO earns his wage. When things go tits up he needs to be there because nobody else is going to do his job for him. He can take his holiday at almost any other time of the year.

He earns his crust when the entire ticketing system goes down or a major disaster affects the club or a manager leaves 4 days before our first match when we haven't signed anyone yet.

Simple stuff really you would think.

I'm kinda already over the who did what and who's fault this whole debacle is. What we need to do is get a new manager in pronto so that the pre season and signing of new players isn't disrupted anymore than it needs to be, the obvious choice being Jim Goodwin...if he wants it! 

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Fact, both of the 2 top people at the club away at the same time, that I do know. Memo to myself, never reply to bazil85 thread unless piss drunk   🍻

So you agree GLS could be away on some st Mirren related business & TF could have arranged his holiday in line with other club staff returning after looking after business during their holidays? 

Feel free not to reply even when piss drunk :lol:

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I already said we don’t know the facts. Who’s to say TF hasn’t been running things over the holiday period for the players & management? Someone had to. Maybe the plan was he goes when they all come back? Perfectly plausible. 

OK & GLS noted a few weeks ago he wasn’t leaving. Whatever has happened to change that us come to a head since then. 

Literally the most important week of the year in terms of signings. Most players contracts expire on 30th June.

Why on Earth is the CEO of a club that is actively in the market for signing several new players, away on holiday now of all weeks? He's the guy that has to be out there at ground level trying to bring these folk in!

What exactly was he running over the holiday period? We've not exactly been active in any way shape or form in terms of players incoming so far.

That is absolutely criminal if he's on holiday this week of all weeks.

Think someone needs to have a word with Alan Wardrop after this. He retweeted a journalist saying a statement is imminent about Orans departure, commenting on players about to be signed.

Think he enjoys the attention, needs to start acting like a director and not someone playing the role. Makes us, and him, look amateur.

There isn't an obvious candidate. JG just isn't ready for management in the Premiership. People forget that JR was coming to a failing Championship side. Although also in part time football, OK had 7 years experience in management. 

If Scott wants to maximise his investment the first head on the chopping block should be his own. He needs to find someone who actually knows how to run a football club. St. Mirren is not a toy to the supporters.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Literally the most important week of the year in terms of signings. Most players contracts expire on 30th June.

Why on Earth is the CEO of a club that is actively in the market for signing several new players, away on holiday now of all weeks? He's the guy that has to be out there at ground level trying to bring these folk in!

What exactly was he running over the holiday period? We've not exactly been active in any way shape or form in terms of players incoming so far.

That is absolutely criminal if he's on holiday this week of all weeks.

People are making a whole bunch of assumptions about the circumstances here.

are you saying it isn’t possible there was business to do the last few weeks when manager & players were away? We aren’t trying to get players singing new contracts, look at possible signings & complete all the day to day admin? So because no one has signed yet, we haven’t been actively trying? Did the club just completely shut down for three weeks? 

Nonsense 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I already said we don’t know the facts. Who’s to say TF hasn’t been running things over the holiday period for the players & management? Someone had to. Maybe  was he goes when they all come back? Perfectly plausible. 

97A577

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

There isn't an obvious candidate. JG just isn't ready for management in the Premiership. People forget that JR was coming to a failing Championship side. Although also in part time football, OK had 7 years experience in management. 

If Scott wants to maximise his investment the first head on the chopping block should be his own. He needs to find someone who actually knows how to run a football club. St. Mirren is not a toy to the supporters.

OK came from an Irish league & Goodwin isn’t ready after what, three years of management in Scotland? You’re having a laugh. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

People are making a whole bunch of assumptions about the circumstances here.

are you saying it isn’t possible there was business to do the last few weeks when manager & players were away? We aren’t trying to get players singing new contracts, look at possible signings & complete all the day to day admin? So because no one has signed yet, we haven’t been actively trying? Did the club just completely shut down for three weeks? 

Nonsense 

I'm not saying it isn't possible.

What isn't in doubt, though, is that there is business to be done now and this, the first week of pre-season and the week when contracts expired continent-wide was ALWAYS going to be by far the busiest week in June and the CEO of a club shouldn't be taking this week off. It should be a 100% no-go area.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Jim Goodwin is just as ready for the role as Oran Kearney was. Probably more so having served a good apprenticeship under Jack Ross.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not saying it isn't possible.

What isn't in doubt, though, is that there is business to be done now and this, the first week of pre-season and the week when contracts expired continent-wide was ALWAYS going to be by far the busiest week in June and the CEO of a club shouldn't be taking this week off. It should be a 100% no-go area.

We don’t know the circumstances though, could be reasoning behind it. Not like St Mirren fans to jump to negative conclusions #stmoan 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Jim Goodwin is just as ready for the role as Oran Kearney was. Probably more so having served a good apprenticeship under Jack Ross.

Sorry but CR@P. Goodwin worked under Jack Ross for THREE months of a season. I know they've made apprenticeship a bit more time flexible but, Really?

OK had 7 or 8 years working with players. And don't tell me the Scottish first division is better than the Irish league.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Only ONE season in the championship. 

And with a budget much smaller than any other team he led them to survival while getting praised for the quality of their football. It’s also one more than OK had, League 1 is likely a higher level than the Irish league as well. 

He is easily ready for the step up. 

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry but CR@P. Goodwin worked under Jack Ross for THREE months of a season. I know they've made apprenticeship a bit more time flexible but, Really?

OK had 7 or 8 years working with players. And don't tell me the Scottish first division is better than the Irish league.

The championship definitely is better, league 1 likely similar to higher standard. JG has much more experience as a player at a higher level & in Scottish football than OK 

If OK was ready (and he was given he was a success) there is zero argument Goody is ready for a more senior job. 

Where exactly should his next step be after three successful years at Alloa?? 

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

And with a budget much smaller than any other team he led them to survival while getting praised for the quality of their football. It’s also one more than OK had, League 1 is likely a higher level than the Irish league as well. 

He is easily ready for the step up. 

And yet you did. 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I feel that the people at the top in Saints  take the fans backing for granted, you just need to look back over the season for prime examples, some not so far back....

fans booking travel to Ireland (silence) 

fans having there season ticket seats given away for the biggest game in recent years (half baked apology blaming technology)

Fans trying to get tickets after work standing in long lines with one member of staff serving (oh we are open 10am-2pm, excellent)

Fans accused of spitting on away supporter on a stretcher despite no evidence (buried) 

so given recent history it’s not unexpected that those at the top should continue treating fans like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them plenty shite.