Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

13 minutes ago, Stark's sandshoes said:

52 years of devotion to the cause. Tomorrow SMISA and club direct debits being cancelled. Every business depends on its customers/shareholders/followers. This lack of communication in the face of a shitstorm of doubt is unacceptable, I'm going to find out if junior football will sate my Saturday fix, because at last, the Stmirren board has succeeded where others haven't and killed my love for this outfit. 

Aye whatever

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1. So a manager that nailed L1 on a smaller budget than many of his rivals then survived at a higher level should be ready for a similar step up to say a well performing Irish league manager? 

I'm not downplaying what JG has done but he didn't NAIL League 1. It was a great achievement to manage to gain promotion via the playoffs after finishing 3rd.with almost every team below them also part time.

2. In the challenge cup L1 & L2 teams have been known to rest players & as someone stated an Irish league team struggled to beat a team below L2 level 

So some L1&L2 first team players were known to have been rested? How many? How many did the Irish teams rest? AND. The team that put Coleraine out went on to the final being beaten by the Championship winners.

3. See previous point, even if they don’t you aren’t validating your point at all here that JG isn’t ready to step up 

I think I have and you're not proving JG IS ready. It will always be opinions, qualified or otherwise, unless he was given the gig. I don't believe he's ready for the reasons I've given.

4. I’m not denying it so why should I need to address it? OK has more managerial experience at an accepted lower level. JG has taken every managerial challenge given to him like a boss at Alloa & natural progression would be to a bigger team, if not St Mirren who do you thinks his next club? 

Who's accepted it is at a lower level than L1? JG scraped survival in the Championship. OK scraped survival in the Premiership. I don't believe JG would have done this.

You haven’t acknowledged JG vastly more knowledge of Scottish football, does that hold no relevance but more experience at low level management does... double standards. 

Knowing and doing are two entirely different concepts. We're going round in circles here and the only way it could be proven one way or the other is for JG to get the job. I hope he doesn't.

Edited by stlucifer

It's my £360 a year, plus s/ticket, and pardon me for having an opinion, but club doesn't seem to be motivated to reassure me they have a direction. Once they have booted you in the stones as many times as they have me, dig in with your evangelical cockery

Mate, you’re not going to corner the market on that one. We’ve all had our baws booted one time too many supporting this team. It’s character building.

Take a breath and relax.

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So if he doesn't make a difference we can save a wage right there!

You think he should be paid off?

Eh I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I’ve posted. Either that or your desperation to disagree with everything I say is clouding the fact I agree with you that in theory he could be communicating from his holiday. 

9 minutes ago, Stark's sandshoes said:

It's my £360 a year, plus s/ticket, and pardon me for having an opinion, but club doesn't seem to be motivated to reassure me they have a direction. Once they have booted you in the stones as many times as they have me, dig in with your evangelical cockery

All in the same boat.

You must reckon you're the only person to be put through the ringer by the club over the years.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

1. So a manager that nailed L1 on a smaller budget than many of his rivals then survived at a higher level should be ready for a similar step up to say a well performing Irish league manager? 

I'm not downplaying what JG has done but he didn't NAIL League 1. It was a great achievement to manage to gain promotion via the playoffs after finishing 3rd.with almost every team below them also part time.

Alloa coming up when you look at the teams they had to compete with (including a championship team in the play off) is a very good achievement. To build on that the following season surviving on a fraction of all other clubs budget is a great sign that he could be a quality manager for us  Brechin on what must be assumed a similar budget for 0 wins the season before  

2. In the challenge cup L1 & L2 teams have been known to rest players & as someone stated an Irish league team struggled to beat a team below L2 level 

So some L1&L2 first team players were known to have been rested? How many? How many did the Irish teams rest?

depends on the game, do you deny this and think they were always full strength? 

3. See previous point, even if they don’t you aren’t validating your point at all here that JG isn’t ready to step up 

I think I have and you're not proving JG IS ready. It will always be opinions, qualified or otherwise, unless he was given the gig. I don't believe he's ready for the reasons I've given.

your opinion on a manager that’s continually approved at the lower levels from us is not ready to move onto a bigger job is definitely not qualified. Wouldn’t be surprised if you were in a minority of one for this. 

4. I’m not denying it so why should I need to address it? OK has more managerial experience at an accepted lower level. JG has taken every managerial challenge given to him like a boss at Alloa & natural progression would be to a bigger team, if not St Mirren who do you thinks his next club? 

Who's accepted it is at a lower level than L1? JG scraped survival in the Championship. OK scraped survival in the Premiership. I don't believe JG would have done this.

OK did fantastic last season considering what he came into  JG did fantastic considering his budget. One of the most promising managers in Scotland that had improved consistently the last 3 seasons isn’t ready to step up from scottish Championship to SP... okay  

You haven’t acknowledged JG vastly more knowledge of Scottish football, does that hold no relevance but more experience at low level management does... double standards. 

Knowing and doing are two entirely different concepts. We're going round in circles here and the only way it could be proven one way or the other is for JG to get the job. I hope he doesn't.

So who’s your choice? You’re entitled to the opinion and everyone else is entitled to disagree. We’re simply putting points at either end. It’s no surprise the for JG side has managed to put over much stronger arguments. 

Also everyone is an unknown before they start, it’s not an argument against a person 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So who’s your choice? You’re entitled to the opinion and everyone else is entitled to disagree. We’re simply putting points at either end. It’s no surprise the for JG side has managed to put over much stronger arguments. 

Also everyone is an unknown before they start, it’s not an argument against a person 

It's no surprise the pro JGs THINK they managed to put over a stronger case. Very different from actually doing so.

As for who we should be trying to attract. get the job advertised and see who applies. IF only JG applies then you guys will get to see whether your faith is justified. IF others apply then may the best candidate win. I just don't think we care in a position to have tunnel vision with Goodie as the sole choice.

It's no surprise the pro JGs THINK they managed to put over a stronger case. Very different from actually doing so.
As for who we should be trying to attract. get the job advertised and see who applies. IF only JG applies then you guys will get to see whether your faith is justified. IF others apply then may the best candidate win. I just don't think we care in a position to have tunnel vision with Goodie as the sole choice.

I think Goodwin has been lined up for the role for some time. He’s a decent candidate and coming from a level where most of our decent managers have come from.

I’m not advocating Goodwin above all else but he was a great shout for Manager of the Year last year for his exploits with Alloa and I think he’d do a job for us.

So the highlights from today have been...........................
Kearney wanted to travel every day. :lol:
His travel time was almost of Superman proportions according to some. 🤡 
The key people who run the club are on holiday. :hammer
It's Goodwin only for many.  :rolleyes:
:jerrry

Psssssssst 🤫 Tenner bags o Popcorn guan if interested, see ye roon the back.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Hands up everyone that would have cancelled their summer holiday to address a situation in work? 

i once changed a summer holiday to deal with a serious  investigation that threatened to go toxic, as did the company solicitor and head of operations.  It was expected at our pay grade and the option was to leave the situation to go to ratshit and have a much bigger clean-up job to come back to, as well as spending half my holiday on the phone.

the company paid for the inconvenience and thanked me by supplying a holiday treat for my wife and a few extra days paid leave

17 hours ago, Kemp said:

As with Stubbs, the decision should be made not only based on results achieved so far, but on what results are likely to be achieved in the future.

You keep writing that you "don't care about the commute."

Forget about the commute itself, it is about commitment and about the stability of St Mirren. Kearney didn't put an end to the rumours of returning to Coleraine last season because he wanted that door still open. He went away on holiday and said he wouldn't commit to St Mirren until talking to his wife. In the meantime our assistant manager leaves to join a lower league club.

Now I don't know exactly what happened this week but it seems he now wants to move the goalposts again.

He simply isn't the most attractive candidate to be manager any more. The best decision for St Mirren is to get him out and get a new coach in.

Meanwhile we have managed to secure the signing of Popescu by the team GS has put in charge, who are fully committed to the club.

I'm backing Gordon Scott 100% on this call.

And Coleraine are still sitting without a manager two months later, why? Oran aint a Saint in more ways than one.

Somebody should tell Popescu he's signed for the season ahead.

One of many posts which suggests the leaks have come from the BoD rather than OK.