Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

People are making a whole bunch of assumptions about the circumstances here.
are you saying it isn’t possible there was business to do the last few weeks when manager & players were away? We aren’t trying to get players singing new contracts, look at possible signings & complete all the day to day admin? So because no one has signed yet, we haven’t been actively trying? Did the club just completely shut down for three weeks? 
Nonsense 

^^^^ making assumptions in order to criticise others making assumptions [emoji1]

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here's a quote from the manager who was apparently orchestrating his departure 

Kearney had said he was keen to remain with St Mirren and build on improved form at the end of the season despite his wife and family remaining in Northern Ireland, 

Seriously ? That means nothing. That’s just a standard  play.  You  think  he would say anything else in his situation, really ??? The guy is an educated professional, he’s had  a tiff and a change of heart,

He has  moved on, so should we

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really, even though its been widely reported a settlement has been agreed, you still want to question that fact?

if there was no settlement then he would have been sacked, that didnt happen hence the club i.e. ( you and me) Having to pick up the tab for yet another Scott led clusterf**k.

but i like the line you state and a few others do that "Scott never wanted Oran" funny that as he interviewed him on two separate occasions, and gave him the job absolutely gushing that we had got the right man.

funny how people seem to forget all that.

Of course you don't know zilch... maybes the speculated compensation is being paid to us by Coleraine and/or Oran to terminate his contract ….

I just love your comment about your speculation being a fact while Dibbles is only speculating . . .  best laugh for a while ! :hammer

8 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Seriously ? That means nothing. That’s just a standard  play.  You  think  he would say anything else in his situation, really ??? The guy is an educated professional, he’s had  a tiff and a change of heart,

He has  moved on, so should we

So you have evidence to suggest he's lying?

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I gave a list of facts, you provide.... guess what... thats right speculation!

Wooosh

The story that Oran Keanrey would return to Coleraine did indeed appear 6 weeks ago in the press, having read it I can confirm that to be a fact. 

Your rant was one sided speculative nonsense.

Now just to be absolutely clear, I find your last response to me to be rather stupid, stupid indeed.  

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Because if he had breached his contract they would have terminated his employment, instead he has stated he was happy to carry on in the job until the dispute was resolved, but the club told him to stay away, effectively terminating his employment, but not as is clear because of a breach if contract.
why would tou pay compo to someone you didnt need to?

How do you know any of that has actually happened?

A. He hasnt been sacked

B. He was widely quoted as happy to carry on

C. The club are widely quoted as telling him to stay away

D. Preventing/denying someone access to their workplace without having formally launched an investigation or commenced disciplinary proceedings by way of suspension is effectively terminating their employment.

E. they have negotiated a settlement with him as is widely quoted

F. Scott and Tony are quoted on numerous occasions saying they are happy with Oran's commute.

of course if you say none of this is true then please tell us what is true. We're all ears, and eyes!

Just now, TediousTom said:

Wooosh

The story that Oran Keanrey would return to Coleraine did indeed appear 6 weeks ago in the press, having read it I can confirm that to be a fact. 

Your rant was one sided speculative nonsense.

Now just to be absolutely clear, I find your last response to me to be rather stupid, stupid indeed.  

It did, but was it Oran Kearney being quoted, or 'a source' speculating? Yir bawz are oot on that one.

i know both Oran and the club did nothing to kill that rumour effectively until Oran said as quoted above he wanted to stay here and finish the job. It ran for weeks.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It did, but was it Oran Kearney being quoted, or 'a source' speculating? Yir bawz are oot on that one.

i know both Oran and the club did nothing to kill that rumour effectively until Oran said as quoted above he wanted to stay here and finish the job. It ran for weeks.

I am not entering into any discussion with you, the reason being that the potato I plan to have as a mid morning snack would likely provide more intellectual conversation.

The only "fact" is the existence of the Coleraine story for 6 weeks......everything else is speculative dribble.....hence my preference to converse with a potato over you!

I wonder if the Alloa Chairman has received the phone call yet?

9 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Even if a decision is not made tomorrow at least club should give the fans some statement along the lines of, 'Hey, don't worry, we are still here.'

Thought it was only Oran that was leaving.

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You're getting a wee bit heated here over a couple of questions.

I'll give you B, D and F. How do you know the rest to be fact?

The point is, I don't know what is true, but neither do you. The difference between us is that I don't feel the need to claim that I know something that I don't, whereas you are acting like a Jesus freak and claiming that you do know what is true.

Whether or not your surmises turn out to be true, they are still surmises.

How do you know its not fact?

what you like doing is saying "naw its no" or "how do you know" without putting up a shred of evidence to suggest something to the contrary. Thats not debating man, thats just lazy. So if none of the quotes i have referenced come to pass i'll be wrong or right if they do....

what will you be?

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I am not entering into any discussion with you, the reason being that the potato I plan to have as a mid morning snack would likely provide more intellectual conversation.

The only "fact" is the existence of the Coleraine story for 6 weeks......everything else is speculative dribble.....hence my preference to converse with a potato over you!

I wonder if the Alloa Chairman has received the phone call yet?

Funny that as your only 'fact' is indeed speculative drivel hence your potato probably being better placed to debate with than you! Good day sir, and please don't belittle yourself by attempting to cry my pardon!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Because if he had breached his contract they would have terminated his employment, instead he has stated he was happy to carry on in the job until the dispute was resolved, but the club told him to stay away, effectively terminating his employment, but not as is clear because of a breach if contract.

why would tou pay compo to someone you didnt need to?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really, even though its been widely reported a settlement has been agreed, you still want to question that fact?

if there was no settlement then he would have been sacked, that didnt happen hence the club i.e. ( you and me) Having to pick up the tab for yet another Scott led clusterf**k.

but i like the line you state and a few others do that "Scott never wanted Oran" funny that as he interviewed him on two separate occasions, and gave him the job absolutely gushing that we had got the right man.

funny how people seem to forget all that.

:unsure:

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How do you know its not fact?

what you like doing is saying "naw its no" or "how do you know" without putting up a shred of evidence to suggest something to the contrary. Thats not debating man, thats just lazy. So if none of the quotes i have referenced come to pass i'll be wrong or right if they do....

what will you be?

That's not how it works. You post stuff you need to back it up. 

You don't throw all sorts of unsubstantiated nonsense out and tell others to prove it's inaccurate. 

I'm starting to wonder why I'm contributing to SMISA every month. Given the chairman can go against 95% of the supporters' wishes and then force a non-disclosure agreement so that 100% of the supporters don't get to find out the truth.
I suppose SMISA might eventually remove the possibility of this occurring, but I'm becoming less and less convinced of that.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not how it works. You post stuff you need to back it up. 

You don't throw all sorts of unsubstantiated nonsense out and tell others to prove it's inaccurate. 

Ye, but he gets it right sometimes.

A couple of recent tweets from Stewart Gilmour.

Stewart Gilmour @StewartGilmour1

FollowFollow @StewartGilmour1
More
Replying to @Carslaw98

A great number of fans would love Goody as Manager, however I would doubt if Jim would take the job if he has not the final say on all signings.

4:34 PM - 21 Jun 2019 from Benahavís, España