Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Papers now reporting a severance deal has been agreed and part of that is that OK can’t talk about working under Gordon Scott if true why would you do that if nothing to hide.

Maybe just don't want a repeat of Stubbs raising his head every few months to have a bitch and a moan, and have included something financially advantageous in the deal to secure that, which would appear to be eminently sensible under the circumstances. I think we've had all the headlines we would rather not have for a while, or would that just be far too sensible for our club?

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Papers now reporting a severance deal has been agreed and part of that is that OK can’t talk about working under Gordon Scott if true why would you do that if nothing to hide.

It's standard practice with those settlement agreements. It prevents people going to the papers with any old bollocks and generally makes it easier all round - just draws a nice, clean line in the sand that everyone knows can't be crossed.

21 minutes ago, melmac said:

A couple of recent tweets from Stewart Gilmour.

Stewart Gilmour @StewartGilmour1

FollowFollow @StewartGilmour1
More
Replying to @Carslaw98

A great number of fans would love Goody as Manager, however I would doubt if Jim would take the job if he has not the final say on all signings.

4:34 PM - 21 Jun 2019 from Benahavís, España

He was never that quick to comment under his tenure !

38 minutes ago, pod said:

:unsure:

No confusion required. He wasnt sacked, i.e. They didnt kick him out and tear up his contract. But they did take an action which constitutes terminating employment with no justified cause. If there had been no move ti agree a settlement then Oran could have taken the club to court over an unlawful dismissal.

in the end they agreed a settlement, which will see the contract mutually terminated, so no sacking and no resignation.

Just now, barrhead saint said:

He was never that quick to comment under his tenure !

He's also free to comment about the SFA, UEFA, FIFA, SPFL in a way he was never allowed as a club chairman and often does tweet on those topics.

Was GLS not the great white hope to move the club on during the previous board's tenure? Looking to appoint in 4th manager in 13 months and 5th manager in 3 years under Scott.

Cannae wait for the next Chairman's Update. What red herring will he throw in this time (my guess is working on the ticketing situation or repairing something at Ralston)?

1.  OK and St Mirren had previously agreed he could commute.  There was no issue there until GLS took issue with the set up in the last few days.  

2.  St Mirren have made zero signings to date.  OK questioned this and the budget he was asked to work with this year.  The point was made by OK that why would he risk moving his family if GLS won't fully support OK in the transfer market.

3.  The Coleraine "story" was started by one individual, was picked up by the Scottish press who ran with it.  There were elements of the Scottish press who deliberately ran with the story, knowing full well there was nothing to it,  in an attempt to destabilise the club and player / manager relationships.  Their motive being that they would either prefer Dundee Utd to be in the SPFL or they were pushing for their preference in manager to be at the club.  You might, or might not be, surprised at how much of an old mates act goes on between journalists who are desperate for a story and out of work managers who are looking for a job.  

15 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

When like Oran you are holding all the cards you can go for the complete airing of dirty laundry in court, which will take time and could prevent you from taking on a job elsewhere. Or you can agree to a bland statement " we thank oran for his work, oran thanks the support for being there etc", on condition they pay you everything you are owed.

better for both parties although they may not see it like that. And everyone moves on.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

When like Oran you are holding all the cards you can go for the complete airing of dirty laundry in court, which will take time and could prevent you from taking on a job elsewhere. Or you can agree to a bland statement " we thank oran for his work, oran thanks the support for being there etc", on condition they pay you everything you are owed.

better for both parties although they may not see it like that. And everyone moves on.

Did the above come from the left or right side of your arse :blink:

7 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

In order to prevent the fans getting at each other's throats the club is way over due for some kind of statement.

Really disappointed with the lack if response. The club are letting the fans down. I realise there are legal implications but come on lets get this sorted. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Really disappointed with the lack if response. The club are letting the fans down. I realise there are legal implications but come on lets get this sorted. 

Can only think someone??? Isnt happy with what the lawyers have agreed. Now who could that be who is a bit hard to get hold of at this time?

Vegas is eight hours behind us, just an observation.

Maybe just don't want a repeat of Stubbs raising his head every few months to have a bitch and a moan, and have included something financially advantageous in the deal to secure that, which would appear to be eminently sensible under the circumstances. I think we've had all the headlines we would rather not have for a while, or would that just be far too sensible for our club?

This the same person that puts out false accusations against his own fans and can’t even put out another one to apologise for making a mistake.

Now worried about OK making up lies or wanting to hide the truth.

I'm guessing the club will say they've started receiving lots of quality applications already and not to worry by the end of the week 70 people will have applied. A few unlikely big names will be mentioned. Goodie will prefer to stick with Alloa and his secure part-time job outside football and continue working with a reliable chairman. In three weeks time we'll appoint Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds... all of which will be announced in 4 weeks time on the official website.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

51 minutes ago, melmac said:

A couple of recent tweets from Stewart Gilmour.

Stewart Gilmour @StewartGilmour1

FollowFollow @StewartGilmour1
More
Replying to @Carslaw98

A great number of fans would love Goody as Manager, however I would doubt if Jim would take the job if he has not the final say on all signings.

4:34 PM - 21 Jun 2019 from Benahavís, España

If he's still around Benahavis next week i might tap him up for a Sangria, and try and debunk some old myths.

It remains to be seen if Oran returns to his teaching job and former management position I think these things might tell us more about his thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Jrok said:
32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It remains to be seen if Oran returns to his teaching job and former management position I think these things might tell us more about his thoughts.

Imagine the dafties meltdiwn if he diesnt indeed jump straight into the Coleraine job? I mean... its mot like he needs the money now.... arf... arf...

That's not how it works. You post stuff you need to back it up. 
You don't throw all sorts of unsubstantiated nonsense out and tell others to prove it's inaccurate. 

^^^^^^^^^
100% this

His MO is to throw out as much shite in his posts that it becomes too time consuming to keep fact checking it and in his mind that means it’s true.

He’s like the forum’s own Trump. Another blowhard who makes shit up and posits theory as fact.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't know it's not fact - and you don't know it is, that's the point I'm making.

I haven't said anything is incorrect, though I have asked "how do you know".  Would you care to answer that question?  No?  Didn't think so.

I'm not suggesting anything to the contrary, why would I need to provide evidence?  You seem to be getting mixed up between "quotes" and "reports".

I'm not debating, so you're right there.  Don't know why you are making a big thing of it though.

Whether you are right or wrong is totally irrelevant to this.  You are guessing, pure and simple.  Show the "quotes" that prove that any meeting took place, that there were lawyers involved, that an agreement was reached or that there is compensation being paid.  "Some guy in a newspaper said so" won't cut it - I still remember a front page headline from the 80s that said "World War Two Bomber Found On Moon", so you can't believe everything in the papers now, can you?

I'll be content to know that I haven't been making anything up to push an agenda or to just get noticed.

That's exactly why I said he was acting like a Jesus freak.  He's using arguments from personal incredulity and arguments from ignorance, and then expects others to just believe him.

You still got and giving nuttin?

same old, same old.