Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Alan Stubbs got a 4-liner when we binned him for being garbage and incapable of arriving to take training in a fit state for work: https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2144-club-statement-alan-stubbs

Oran always conducted himself well and the great escape 2 bettered the original great escape under Jack Ross. The club look churlish with their 2 line statement. I have no problem with Oran planning to commute twice a week. I'm quite sure he was still contactable and working online for us and his commutes were after matches or coinciding with days off.

It's that warm here I couldn't even muster a rage. [emoji14]

Now the upsetting bit for you, you even paid for this holiday. Now tell us who the "thich" one is? [emoji23]

You can’t even spell!

Need to add that to not being able to read dates! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll leave you in the rage LPM has left you in!

#thickasfcuk

Absolutely delighted with this news.

Thought Oran was a hopeless manager and I’m just surprised he lasted so long.

We can only thank goodness for the shiteness of the two Dundee clubs and winning that penalty shoot out coin toss that we somehow retained our Premiership status despite his bumbling stewardship.

Now we can finally get a proper manager in charge.

There’s only one man for it.

Arise, Sir Jim Goodwin.

If only we'd have appointed Jim McIntyre. We'd have been much higher up the table...

We are fuming. 

Seems to me that Judas Kearney has tried to stitch us up and actually did get away with an undeserved small pay off. 

Smarmy Kearney is trying to suck up but he can feck off and never return to Greenhill Road. 

Fecking wido. 

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Just posted on his twitter

5999E457-642C-466A-80DF-61439BE780EA.png

Yeah that confidentially thing really stopped Oran making his point, and feelings known.

when will people wake up and acknowledge that Scott is destroying the club. His petulant my way or the highway approach has cost hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation agreements, that we the support foot the bill for!

when you look at the begrudged two line shit stain of a statement the board released in comparison to Oran's surely you can see where the problem is, eh?

Yeah that confidentially thing really stopped Oran making his point, and feelings known.
when will people wake up and acknowledge that Scott is destroying the club. His petulant my way or the highway approach has cost hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation agreements, that we the support foot the bill for!
when you look at the begrudged two line shit stain of a statement the board released in comparison to Oran's surely you can see where the problem is, eh?

It’s ok cause the compensation budget was increased by 10%

13 minutes ago, mattman said:

Mmmmm......

A564BB81-CA3F-4E1B-9F1A-BCEDDB2AC7B5.jpeg

Yep. This looks like Oran and his wife wanted Oran to continue. Very disappointing. I am glad Oran has come out with this. It makes it more obvious that Gordon Scott needs to clear this up. A popular manager looks to have been pushed out the door.

25 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
Erm, just wondering if OKs thanks to Tony might not be exactly what he (Tony) needs considering he'll be staying to work with GLS. :toilet

Was wondering the same. Could time be running out for TF as CEO ?

We could move more towards the North Korean model?

Both sides are clearly playing the f**king game.

Neither is blameless, neither is white than white.

Anyone demonizing one side whilst beatifying the other is being absolutely played.

SMFC's statement dripped of bitterness and resentment.

OK's statement dripped of resentment and bitterness to one of two individuals.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

But no where does it say why he was dismissed or is ever likely.  He has left with his honour intact and the club may never disclose reason. IMO    

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yep. This looks like Oran and his wife wanted Oran to continue. Very disappointing. I am glad Oran has come out with this. It makes it more obvious that Gordon Scott needs to clear this up. A popular manager looks to have been pushed out the door.

What else would you expect them to say irrespective of what really went on (I am neither saying they are to blame or blameless)??

Fact

1 Oran Kearney is no longer our manager

2 Gordon Scott owns the club and can do whatever he wants if its legal

3 the past is past and we can't change it. We can learn from it but can't change it

Opinion

1 We need to get on with preparing for the new season and get a new manager in place immediatly. Forget all the seeking applications stuff. We should know exactly who we want

2 Oran has never been sure if he wanted to stay. His holiday with his family made him see how much he misses them That plus a wee push from Coleraine convinced him that if he could get more time home he would stay and if not he would go. He probably didn't bargain on the reaction from GLS. I don't think he would have got such an extreme action if he did this five weeks ago. 

3 Orans statement has a whiff of martyrdom about it. Ie I'm being hard done by whereas I don't think he comes out of this smelling of roses and is trying to deflect blame from himself

4 it is best for him. He can go back to his old life which I don't think he really ever wanted to leave for more than a year. He will manage Coleraine again but may not be held with the same reverence as before 

5 I would have been indifferent if he stayed but am happy he has gone. The timing is rotten though. I don't think he will ever be sought again by other clubs of a better stature than NI or the South of that island

6 I wish our fans would stop prioritising having exciting football. OK never gave us that and we are unlikely to get that and stay out of the relegation zone. I'll take defensive football if it means freedom from relegation problems

7 I hope we appoint Jim Goodwin and only if we can't get him offer it to Gus. Jim would be a good committed manager and would satisfy the mindless section of our support who are impressed by someone telling them how wonderful they are and wavi g to them at the end of the game. In short he can hold it all together 

8 Another hope based on an opinion. I hope we get a new CEO. I believe this is a huge weakness at the club just now and needs to be sorted. 

Just now, WeeBud said:

What else would you expect them to say irrespective of what really went on (I am neither saying they are to blame or blameless)??

I genuinely wouldn't say I was gutted if I wasn't. I don't think most people would. Who knows what went on but reading the respective statements it looks like the manager was pushed against his will. Disappointing if true.

5 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Fact

1 Oran Kearney is no longer our manager

2 Gordon Scott owns the club and can do whatever he wants if its legal  Not a fact, in fact (sic) it's two non-facts.  He owns the largest shareholding, not the club or any of it's assets and you can't define legal.  Anyway, he can do illegal stuff in his position as long as he is prepared for the risk of being caught.

3 the past is past and we can't change it. We can learn from it but can't change it

Opinion

1 We need to get on with preparing for the new season and get a new manager in place immediatly. Forget all the seeking applications stuff. We should know exactly who we want

2 Oran has never been sure if he wanted to stay. His holiday with his family made him see how much he misses them That plus a wee push from Coleraine convinced him that if he could get more time home he would stay and if not he would go. He probably didn't bargain on the reaction from GLS. I don't think he would have got such an extreme action if he did this five weeks ago. 

3 Orans statement has a whiff of martyrdom about it. Ie I'm being hard done by whereas I don't think he comes out of this smelling of roses and is trying to deflect blame from himself

4 it is best for him. He can go back to his old life which I don't think he really ever wanted to leave for more than a year. He will manage Coleraine again but may not be held with the same reverence as before 

5 I would have been indifferent if he stayed but am happy he has gone. The timing is rotten though. I don't think he will ever be sought again by other clubs of a better stature than NI or the South of that island

6 I wish our fans would stop prioritising having exciting football. OK never gave us that and we are unlikely to get that and stay out of the relegation zone. I'll take defensive football if it means freedom from relegation problems

7 I hope we appoint Jim Goodwin and only if we can't get him offer it to Gus. Jim would be a good committed manager and would satisfy the mindless section of our support who are impressed by someone telling them how wonderful they are and wavi g to them at the end of the game. In short he can hold it all together 

8 Another hope based on an opinion. I hope we get a new CEO. I believe this is a huge weakness at the club just now and needs to be sorted. 

Edited by beyond our ken

1 minute ago, magnus said:

I genuinely wouldn't say I was gutted if I wasn't. I don't think most people would. Who knows what went on but reading the respective statements it looks like the manager was pushed against his will. Disappointing if true.

Similarly you wouldn't be trying to placate one set of teams fans while trying to secure yourself another role without looking like the villain (again I am not saying that is what he is or isn't doing but it's not without possibility).

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

I reckon the new "mystery " manager was sounded out weeks ago and Scott was just trying to force Kearney out the door. I suppose we will never know the full truth. 

A big gamble from Scott if the next man fails. 

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Similarly you wouldn't be trying to placate one set of teams fans while trying to secure yourself another role without looking like the villain (again I am not saying that is what he is or isn't doing but it's not without possibility).

Dont know Bud