Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

19 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Fact

1 Oran Kearney is no longer our manager

2 Gordon Scott owns the club and can do whatever he wants if its legal

3 the past is past and we can't change it. We can learn from it but can't change it

Opinion

1 We need to get on with preparing for the new season and get a new manager in place immediatly. Forget all the seeking applications stuff. We should know exactly who we want

2 Oran has never been sure if he wanted to stay. His holiday with his family made him see how much he misses them That plus a wee push from Coleraine convinced him that if he could get more time home he would stay and if not he would go. He probably didn't bargain on the reaction from GLS. I don't think he would have got such an extreme action if he did this five weeks ago. 

3 Orans statement has a whiff of martyrdom about it. Ie I'm being hard done by whereas I don't think he comes out of this smelling of roses and is trying to deflect blame from himself

4 it is best for him. He can go back to his old life which I don't think he really ever wanted to leave for more than a year. He will manage Coleraine again but may not be held with the same reverence as before 

5 I would have been indifferent if he stayed but am happy he has gone. The timing is rotten though. I don't think he will ever be sought again by other clubs of a better stature than NI or the South of that island

6 I wish our fans would stop prioritising having exciting football. OK never gave us that and we are unlikely to get that and stay out of the relegation zone. I'll take defensive football if it means freedom from relegation problems

7 I hope we appoint Jim Goodwin and only if we can't get him offer it to Gus. Jim would be a good committed manager and would satisfy the mindless section of our support who are impressed by someone telling them how wonderful they are and wavi g to them at the end of the game. In short he can hold it all together 

8 Another hope based on an opinion. I hope we get a new CEO. I believe this is a huge weakness at the club just now and needs to be sorted. 

Totally disagree on point 8. Tony has come out of this very well. He has been supportive of the manager and this shows conviction. If this costs him his job it would raise serious questions about the culture at the Club.

Not Gutted. Exciting as the play offs were, I thought it was touch and go as to with he should have had his contract extended and that the need for stability and the excellent unbeaten run just about made the case to keep him. However, I seriously doubt we have missed out on the new Alex Fergusson. A rebuild was required regardless of who was manager.  It think that if Drayer, Lyons etc don't come back for another year then none of them were really looking like world beaters, more like players with a bit promise and graft that might be worth another go. Personally I would have liked this sorted out earlier but that is not always the clubs fault.

In saying that we need to get a new manager in ASP. Goodwin the obvious choice and this is clearly why he knocked back the diddy dees.

Good luck Oran Good luck the new man. In a world where bottom six clubs have to rebuild almost every season, this is not the end of the world.

29 minutes ago, mattman said:

Mmmmm......

A564BB81-CA3F-4E1B-9F1A-BCEDDB2AC7B5.jpeg

With Coleraine or Saints...  The irish league insider predicted all this on the 10th may, he was 100% certain this was happening,  if it wasn't for this I'd be in the Oran camp. there is absolutely no way he could have made this up with Kearney mania sweeping the streets of paisley, he had inside info and imo stupidly let the cat out the bag.  he's a......... 

monty python messiah GIF

12 minutes ago, magnus said:

Totally disagree on point 8. Tony has come out of this very well. He has been supportive of the manager and this shows conviction. If this costs him his job it would raise serious questions about the culture at the Club.

Sorry forgot that Tony walks on water and is such a nice guy. Why would not being up to the job be a reason to get rid of such a god like figure

The eagerness of Mr and Mrs Kearney to point out how gutted they are, and how much they were looking forward to the new season, could also be taken as laying it on thick, or protesting too much to get the narrative out there that they need for him to smoothly transition back to Coleraine (compo, etc). But who knows? Not me.

24 minutes ago, magnus said:

Why can't Gordon clear that up? It would be helpful.

Both parties trying to saving face.  Not going to hear truth unless leaked, who would trusts anything you hear. 

As Trump would say..."fake news" or the Irish..."feck news"   

1.                                                                                                                Image result for feck
Edited by pod

3 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The eagerness of Mr and Mrs Kearney to point out how gutted they are, and how much they were looking forward to the new season, could also be taken as laying it on thick, or protesting too much to get the narrative out there that they need for him to smoothly transition back to Coleraine (compo, etc). But who knows? Not me.

Mr and Mrs Kearney are at it. I'm becoming convinced this has all been engineered. But what do I know. I wonder if Orans father in law has been advising them at all

Poor #thichasfcuk, the fool didn't even realise I was taking the pish out of his previous f'up. [emoji23]    

Poor #thickasfcuk, the fool didn’t even realise I was taking the push out of his previous attempt to take the pish out of a typo! 

He’s even more stupid than I thought! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] 

This from a guy who actually doesn’t understand how the dates on this forum work! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Watch you don’t miss that flight home and try not to threaten too many folk with violence while you’re over there mr hardman [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Oh, I forgot, you only do that from behind the safety of your keyboard! In real life cowardly cockless would run a mile! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

#thickasfcuk

#seethinginmarbella

Alot of cynical people on here, what we know is the manager has left by mutual consent.
Oran and his Mrs had hoped to continue with smfc, but for some reason weren't able too.
Oran thanked everyone apart from Gordon and Gus.
The club issued a terse statement.
As I said before no one comes out smelling of roses but it's not hard to see who pulls the strings.
Look FWD to the next chairman's statement.

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

Shouldn't be too difficult since they are also providing the answer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48736977

BBC brilliant as always...

It started well enough, with progress from the League Cup group stages”

This about Alan Stubbs. Started well enough? We needed penalties to beat fecking Spartans and Queen’s Park.

59 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Not Gutted. Exciting as the play offs were, I thought it was touch and go as to with he should have had his contract extended and that the need for stability and the excellent unbeaten run just about made the case to keep him. However, I seriously doubt we have missed out on the new Alex Fergusson. A rebuild was required regardless of who was manager.  It think that if Drayer, Lyons etc don't come back for another year then none of them were really looking like world beaters, more like players with a bit promise and graft that might be worth another go. Personally I would have liked this sorted out earlier but that is not always the clubs fault.

In saying that we need to get a new manager in ASP. Goodwin the obvious choice and this is clearly why he knocked back the diddy dees.

Good luck Oran Good luck the new man. In a world where bottom six clubs have to rebuild almost every season, this is not the end of the world.

Aye, because you always voiced concern over Kearney. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

BBC brilliant as always...

It started well enough, with progress from the League Cup group stages”

This about Alan Stubbs. Started well enough? We needed penalties to beat fecking Spartans and Queen’s Park.

Was it only Spartans and Queens park we played? <_<

Edited by faraway saint

33 minutes ago, Jrok said:

Alot of cynical people on here, what we know is the manager has left by mutual consent.
Oran and his Mrs had hoped to continue with smfc, but for some reason weren't able too.
Oran thanked everyone apart from Gordon and Gus.
The club issued a terse statement.
As I said before no one comes out smelling of roses but it's not hard to see who pulls the strings.
Look FWD to the next chairman's statement.

It's quite amusing to watch the tide turn against Kearney.

We can spin out the "we'll never know" line but going on what information I have seen the person who runs the club is not coming out of this very well. 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

With Coleraine or Saints...  The irish league insider predicted all this on the 10th may, he was 100% certain this was happening,  if it wasn't for this I'd be in the Oran camp. there is absolutely no way he could have made this up with Kearney mania sweeping the streets of paisley, he had inside info and imo stupidly let the cat out the bag.  he's a......... 

monty python messiah GIF

This is a decent opinion, I read a post on Facebook that basically pointed at forcing a way out with cash in pocket and a way back into the Coleraine job ,hopefully not the case as I think he done a good job here and was looking forward to the new season, only time will tell.

1 minute ago, insaintee said:

Nope never have, just saying that now he's gone not the end of the world. Things might have worked out for us, they might not have.

Unlike you I stated I was never convinced of Kearney as a manager some time ago but few would doubt he comes across as a decent human being. 

Looks like he was still willing to work under the same condition that were in place.

Quite why there was a change required is a tad baffling.

More to this than meets the eye although the "Take it up the jacksie for the club" club will be busy spinning this to defend board.