Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Disappointed to see Oral Keen go, hell of a guy. Remember hearing the roar from Paisley, after the the Duntay Unification game, from the 9th green at my course and Hotel complex.

Edited by DougJamie

Guest TPAFKATS

Oran was a thoroughly decent guy who appeared to have the man management and motivational skills required in modern football management. Would we have kicked on next season with him? We'll never know but he deserved a shot at it. If he's left due to family issues then fair enough.
If our chairman has driven him away then the sooner the fans take charge the better.
And so the merry go round starts again.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Unlike you I stated I was never convinced of Kearney as a manager some time ago but few would doubt he comes across as a decent human being. 

Looks like he was still willing to work under the same condition that were in place.

Quite why there was a change required is a tad baffling.

More to this than meets the eye although the "Take it up the jacksie for the club" club will be busy spinning this to defend board. 

I'm convinced he was a manager. just not convinced he was a great one. However that is different from wanting him gone. On balance like I said, he did enough to stay in the job. Bottom line is he's gone and I'm not too fussed.

Edited by insaintee

If it look at the career path of our managers, with the exception of Fergie and Jack all have goNE backwards

Gus- Queens Park, then here

Danny - Clyde

Craig- Retired ?

Ian Murray- somewhere in Norway 

Rae - Shite pundit

Stubbs- Shite Pundit

Hardly onwards and upwards

37 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Oran is a class act and I’m grateful for the job he done and wish him all the best for the future.

Hopefully we get our mess sorted asap hopefully goody accepts the job and this does not drag on for weeks.

We aren't in a mess now. We just got rid of it. 

2 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Fact

1 Oran Kearney is no longer our manager

2 Gordon Scott owns the club and can do whatever he wants if its legal

3 the past is past and we can't change it. We can learn from it but can't change it

Opinion

1 We need to get on with preparing for the new season and get a new manager in place immediatly. Forget all the seeking applications stuff. We should know exactly who we want

2 Oran has never been sure if he wanted to stay. His holiday with his family made him see how much he misses them That plus a wee push from Coleraine convinced him that if he could get more time home he would stay and if not he would go. He probably didn't bargain on the reaction from GLS. I don't think he would have got such an extreme action if he did this five weeks ago. 

3 Orans statement has a whiff of martyrdom about it. Ie I'm being hard done by whereas I don't think he comes out of this smelling of roses and is trying to deflect blame from himself

4 it is best for him. He can go back to his old life which I don't think he really ever wanted to leave for more than a year. He will manage Coleraine again but may not be held with the same reverence as before 

5 I would have been indifferent if he stayed but am happy he has gone. The timing is rotten though. I don't think he will ever be sought again by other clubs of a better stature than NI or the South of that island

6 I wish our fans would stop prioritising having exciting football. OK never gave us that and we are unlikely to get that and stay out of the relegation zone. I'll take defensive football if it means freedom from relegation problems

7 I hope we appoint Jim Goodwin and only if we can't get him offer it to Gus. Jim would be a good committed manager and would satisfy the mindless section of our support who are impressed by someone telling them how wonderful they are and wavi g to them at the end of the game. In short he can hold it all together 

8 Another hope based on an opinion. I hope we get a new CEO. I believe this is a huge weakness at the club just now and needs to be sorted. 

I mean that is by and large baseless waffle! What quotes, or articles or even statements back any of that up? And the last line smacks of the club smear campaign Kearney was subject to. What a pile of shite our board (with One legendary exception) are indeed.

it will come back to bite them, again, and again as it already has and cost a fortune.

Look, Gordon Scott may well have f**ked this one up but you know that he can’t come out and say much of anything if a compromise agreement has been reached.

IMO Oran has come very close to saying too much in his twitter post as he is pretty much saying he was booted out.

Doesn’t matter much now. He’s out and hopefully Goody’s in by tomorrow followed by some signing news.

ETA Just seen the signing of The Bank and Lyness[emoji106]

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

With Coleraine or Saints...  The irish league insider predicted all this on the 10th may, he was 100% certain this was happening,  if it wasn't for this I'd be in the Oran camp. there is absolutely no way he could have made this up with Kearney mania sweeping the streets of paisley, he had inside info and imo stupidly let the cat out the bag.  he's a......... 

monty python messiah GIF

Of course Kearney hasnt joined any other club as yet, has he?

why after creating so much interest in the professional football world, and seeing his stock rise would he want to manage part time now? Think about it, Ross got a huge gig without ever managing in the top league!

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just to offset the slavering mess' claims.

Thanks Gordon for the couple of hundred thousand we pocketed after your excellent choice of manager (Jack Ross) was appointed by Sunderland.:)

Stop ruining the club Gordon.:rolleyes:

In bold the funniest, most bizarre, totally out there claim on here in a long while.... feckin well done for raising the WTF bar several notches!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

In bold the funniest, most bizarre, totally out there claim on here in a long while.... feckin well done for raising the WTF bar several notches!

I think your claim that we’d have to pay OK’s cull contract, stress related compensation & he’d still be able to walk right into another managers job is right up there. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Both sides are clearly playing the f**king game.

Neither is blameless, neither is white than white.

Anyone demonizing one side whilst beatifying the other is being absolutely played.

SMFC's statement dripped of bitterness and resentment.

OK's statement dripped of resentment and bitterness to one of two individuals.

I can agree with your first three lines and whilst I can also appreciate the 'lack' of certain expected platitudes re both OK's and the club statement, I really think dripping with bitterness / resentment, resentment / bitterness can only be your own interpretation of those missing 'platitudes'.

3 hours ago, Oldfellow said:
3 hours ago, magnus said:

Totally disagree on point 8. Tony has come out of this very well. He has been supportive of the manager and this shows conviction. If this costs him his job it would raise serious questions about the culture at the Club.

Sorry forgot that Tony walks on water and is such a nice guy. Why would not being up to the job be a reason to get rid of such a god like figure

Apology accepted.  B)

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Of course Kearney hasnt joined any other club as yet, has he?

why after creating so much interest in the professional football world, and seeing his stock rise would he want to manage part time now? Think about it, Ross got a huge gig without ever managing in the top league!

For a lot people including myself i may add,  family will always come first over anything else 

paid pay day GIF

22 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

For a lot people including myself i may add,  family will always come first over anything else 

paid pay day GIF

It's a balance for me.

I wouldn't sacrifice my career for anyone including family because it's not just "a job" for me.

I wouldn't sacrifice my family for my career either.

25 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

paid pay day GIF

This twaddle about sacrificing family life, FFS, don't you think Kearneys wife could get a job over here, does anybody think two young children couldn't settle in a school over here?

It's no big deal, they could always have went back if they weren't happy, nothing is irreversible.  

Sentimental smokescreen, thousands of family's "up sticks" and are happy in new surroundings. 

It certainly isn't some sort of stigma that would make him a bad person.  

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

This twaddle about sacrificing family life, FFS, don't you think Kearneys wife could get a job over here, does anybody think two young children couldn't settle in a school over here?

It's no big deal, they could always have went back if they weren't happy, nothing is irreversible.  

Sentimental smokescreen, thousands of family's "up sticks" and are happy in new surroundings. 

You can usually always find a compromise if you want one.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You asking me ? probably better if you asked Oran