Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

The omission of Gordon from Oran's statement isn't a surprise but the omission of Gus is pretty telling. They must have worked very closely together, particularly with the swathe of January signings.

We know how highly GS thinks of GMac. My guess is that Gus has had concerns about Kearney, perhaps for awhile, and things just came to a head last week. Who knows maybe it was suggested that a daily commute would work if it was part of Gus's remit to go and watch other teams.

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In truth I wouldn’t relocate my family for a football manager’s job. Very few in the game seem to stay at a club for over three years (ours don’t even make two years these days), and most clubs are chasing ambitions they can’t match, or get tired of the same old and feel change is needed when progress stifles. I’d prefer to travel and video call them instead of changing my kids schools every three years, unsettling them and impacting their childhood so heavily.

That's understandable but plenty of people do relocate.

IF Kearney had moved his family over there probably would have been more opportunities in Scotland to further his career in football IF he'd wanted the challenge, and wouldn't have had to move every 2 or 4 years.

The thing is the whole escapade isn't about relocation as the set up from last year seemed to be ok, although, again, I didn't rate him as a manager the travel etc wasn't a major issue, until now.

Whatever the real reason is I feel he's been let down, as have many supporters, and, more importantly, the club.

3 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

The omission of Gordon from Oran's statement isn't a surprise but the omission of Gus is pretty telling. They must have worked very closely together, particularly with the swathe of January signings.

We know how highly GS thinks of GMac. My guess is that Gus has had concerns about Kearney, perhaps for awhile, and things just came to a head last week. Who knows maybe it was suggested that a daily commute would work if it was part of Gus's remit to go and watch other teams.

Well done, quite a tale. 

Does he hold a grudge. 
No. He's someone who makes plenty of money, was close enough to hear and see but not close enough to be noticed..doesnt matter. Just what I was told. Doesn't change anything and nothing fans can do. We have to just hope despite the internal issues that they get it right and progress the club

Guest TPAFKATS
That's understandable but plenty of people do relocate.
IF Kearney had moved his family over there probably would have been more opportunities in Scotland to further his career in football IF he'd wanted the challenge, and wouldn't have had to move every 2 or 4 years.
The thing is the whole escapade isn't about relocation as the set up from last year seemed to be ok, although, again, I didn't rate him as a manager the travel etc wasn't a major issue, until now.
Whatever the real reason is I feel he's been let down, as have many supporters, and, more importantly, the club.
Yes plenty of people relocate. Usually because they have to or really want to.
However...
Maybe his wife doesn't want to relocate?
Why should she have to find a new job in a new country if she is happy with her current employment?
Didn't she have a bereavement just after Oran joined us- I'm sure I saw something on twitter at the time?

I really hope it's as simple as him putting his and his family's happiness before everything else. Otherwise our club is in a bad way.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yes plenty of people relocate. Usually because they have to or really want to.
However...
Maybe his wife doesn't want to relocate?
Why should she have to find a new job in a new country if she is happy with her current employment?
Didn't she have a bereavement just after Oran joined us- I'm sure I saw something on twitter at the time?

I really hope it's as simple as him putting his and his family's happiness before everything else. Otherwise our club is in a bad way.

Not quite sure what a bereavement has to do with things TBH. That could be taken anyway you choose. 

Of course people have a choice to make, you seem hell bent on selling a family's happiness is based on staying put? 

His wife and family might be quite happy, or they might not, you don't know that.

Moving home is not the end of the world or a family's happiness. 

I fully respect anybody's choice, including Kearney who I didn't rate, but the crux seems to be there was a change in the previous arrangement.

As you say, if he choose to stick with is previous commute, that's entirely his choice. 

Anyhow, the whole debacle has done the club no favours. 

Lots of posts on how Oran kept us in the league he's a great manager etc etc, i think the jury is still out on that one,  time will tell, whether that's with coleraine or whoever. personally i think it was a team effort Board, coaching staff, players and the fans that dragged us over the line. If there's one person who deserves more than a special mention for the Great Escape 2. its   Vaclav Hladky The Great.  without that man we were relegated and that's a fact. 

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Lots of posts on how Oran kept us in the league he's a great manager etc etc, i think the jury is still out on that one,  time will tell, whether that's with coleraine or whoever. personally i think it was a team effort Board, coaching staff, players and the fans that dragged us over the line. If there's one person who deserves more than a special mention for the Great Escape 2. its   Vaclav Hladky The Great.  without that man we were relegated and that's a fact. 

There's me thinking it was Utd.:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite sure what a bereavement has to do with things TBH. That could be taken anyway you choose. 

Of course people have a choice to make, you seem hell bent on selling a family's happiness is based on staying put? 

His wife and family might be quite happy, or they might not, you don't know that.

Moving home is not the end of the world or a family's happiness. 

I fully respect anybody's choice, including Kearney who I didn't rate, but the crux seems to be there was a change in the previous arrangement.

As you say, if he choose to stick with is previous commute, that's entirely his choice. 

Anyhow, the whole debacle has done the club no favours. 

Au Contraire. I would suggest a few favours have been done.

1 minute ago, pod said:
13 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

There's me thinking it was Utd.:rolleyes:

Tch tch, back inte yer cave and get the woolly suit af, it's nae winter yit  :D  

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Hamilton paid us for Brian rice.:byebye

Scott is certainly not perfect, but he's far from the demon that he's being painted as by some of the more insular (and I'm being polite here) members of our support.

I have no doubt we got our money back that we paid to Inverness when Hamilton appointed Rice as their new manager.

The list of managers and assistants and first team coaches since Gordon Scott took over as chairman:

1. Alex Rae (fired after a few months)

2. David Farrell (fired after a few months)

3. Jack Ross (left for Sunderland with GLS and TF none the wiser)

4. James Fowler (followed Jack Ross to Sunderland)

5. Alan Stubbs (fired after a few months)

6. Brian Rice (left after about 6 months to manage Hamilton)

7. Darren Jackson (fired at same time as Stubbs)

8. Oran Kearney (fired after 9 months)

9. Jimmy Nicholl (left at the end of a 6 month contract to move to the Championship with Dundee)

10. Gus McPherson (still at the club - at the time of posting)

Players who have left during Scott's tenure as chairman:

Sean Kelly, Jim Goodwin, Alan Gow, Stuart Carswell, Cameron Howieson, Scott Agnew, Barry Cuddihy, Jaison McGrath, Alex Cooper, Steven Thompson, Keith Watson, David Clarkson, Lawrence Shankland, Jordan Stewart, Andy Webster, Kyle Hutton, Calum Gallagher, Ben Gordon, Scott Gallagher, John Sutton, Tom Walsh, Kyle Hutton, Ryan Hardie, Craig Storrie, Rory Loy, Pal Fjelde, Jason Naismith, Josh Todd, Billy O' Brien, Stellious Demetriou, Kyle McAllister, Adam Eckersley, Harry Davis, Kalvin Orsi, Jamie Langfield, Stevie Mallan, Ross Stewart (goalkeeper), Jordan Kirkpatrick, Ross Stewart (striker), Gregor Buchanan, Craig Samson, Gavin Reilly,  Gary Irvine, Dale Hilson, Lewis McLear, Ian McShane, Rocco Quinn, Darryl Duffy, Liam Smith, Jamie McCart, Lewis Morgan, Mark Hill, Myles Hippolyte, Massimo Donati, Darren Whyte, Nathan Flannagan, Jeff King, Hayden Coulson, Cole Kpekawa, Matty Willock, Nicolai Brock-Madsen, Alfie Jones, Ryan Edwards, Lee Hodson,  Cammy Smith, Danny Rogers, Dean Lyness, Anton Ferdinand, Simeon Jackson, Adam Hammill, Connor O'Keefe, Brad Lyons, Jordan Holmes, Anders Dreyer, Duckens Nazon, Laurentiu Corbu, Mihai Popescu.

Players signed during Scott's tenure and still at the club:

Stephen McGinn, Paul McGinn, Vaclav Hladky, Mateo Muzek, Josh Heaton, Ryan Flynn, Jim Kellerman, Greg Tansey, Danny Mullen, Cody Cooke.

After selling Naismith, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan, getting compensation for Jack Ross and James Fowler moving to Sunderland and John McGinn's move to Aston Villa bringing in £1m our finances will of course be in rude health under Gordon's watch?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Just a little reminder to everyone that this poster is actually a fully grown man, who gets his little joy in life from picking fights with other St Mirren fans on this website default_blink.png

This has been going on for years without really any point to it all as far as I can see.

You would think from his posts he is about 12, but no. An adult man behaving like this season after season.

As they say, there's always someone worse off than yourself default_laugh.png

^^^^^ not realising that he’s describing himself

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hope the truth of this sorry mess comes out. 6 weeks ago Irish League Insider wrote Oran will 100% go back to his former club. A Saints fan wrote a conversation with Jimmy Nichol. Why are you leaving for a championship club. Answer ? Oran could not guarantee he will be here at the end of the season. It's been reported Oran was on £100,000 over three years. Play your cards right there will be a substantial pay off. If true it stinks. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hope the truth of this sorry mess comes out. 6 weeks ago Irish League Insider wrote Oran will 100% go back to his former club. A Saints fan wrote a conversation with Jimmy Nichol. Why are you leaving for a championship club. Answer ? Oran could not guarantee he will be here at the end of the season. It's been reported Oran was on £100,000 over three years. Play your cards right there will be a substantial pay off. If true it stinks. 

If not true and he was pushed out the door - stinks even more imo. 

The truth won't come out.