Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Just now, Hendo said:

I think, by any stretch of the imagination, "today" is also "by the weekend".

Houston will be delighted to be working in the PREEMIERSHIP again. 

He will Wee Bud. 

23 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I am very disappointed over how Oran Kearney has been maligned and demonised in these pages.
When he was unsuccessful in his initial application for the Saints job, he returned to Colerain and got on with his job and life.  After the Stubbs debacle our Club came running after him hoping he would rescue our season and Colerain kindly let him go interrupting their own season.  Coleraine the part-time Club, the type of which, Shull so admires, seemingly produced a seasoned conman who screwed St Mirren.
All this has done nothing to enhance St Mirren's ability in formulating a contract that both safeguards our reputation and that of
Oran Kearney.

I'll go slightly out on a limb with this post, but it's my opinion and ………………………………………………..

Firstly I don't hold a view that GS is the world's worst Chairman, but I do seriously question his business acumen and his overall appointment and assessment of employees. As pointed out in the 'Dibbles old paperboy' post, his tenure at the Club has hardly been covered in roses. 

10 Managers in 9 years or is it 9 Managers in 10 years, it's irrelevant. The point is that as a Club we are extremely badly run from the top down..... and before you say it, I know that GS hasn't been responsible for all the 9 or 10 managerial mistakes!

SG's luck was that he managed to excite Tesco sufficiently at the turning point of supermarket expansion that a consent was available on Love St, which they could then transfer to some other suitable site in the town. Helped by the local politicians the consent was granted much against the locational and economic / planning reasons for such a consent. - That saved us probably from the ignominy of administration.

We now have a good small but pretty stadium, with a good suburban training facility which fits the Club stature and profile.

HOWEVER, boy do we know how to squander money as a Club! Out of this list how much has come in and how much has gone out:

1. Alex Rae (fired after a few months)
2. David Farrell (fired after a few months)
3. Jack Ross (left for Sunderland with GLS and TF none the wiser)
4. James Fowler (followed Jack Ross to Sunderland)
5. Alan Stubbs (fired after a few months)
6. Brian Rice (left after about 6 months to manage Hamilton)
7. Darren Jackson (fired at same time as Stubbs)
8. Oran Kearney (fired after 9 months)
9. Jimmy Nicholl (left at the end of a 6 month contract to move to the Championship with Dundee)
10. Gus McPherson (still at the club - at the time of posting)

Coupled with wasted money on quite a number of player signings that have had to be written off, I suspect that the 'books' are maybe not the best of reading before you put the lights out at night.

We are a laughing stock in Scottish Football, I have no doubts about that statement, and whilst Shull will bleat at my comment, I agree with ST on how badly the Club has and is being run.

Let's just conjecture for a moment and dream that we are interviewing Jose Mourinho for the job and the point in the interview comes where the BoD's ask if he is prepared to commit to the Club to the point where he will move to the "immediate locale" of the Club to ensure that he is always around to handle the necessary day-to-day aspects of managing a football club. He says; "no, sorry I wouldn't be able to do that, as (a) you as a Club have no history of committing to a Manager long enough to make me up sticks and move lock stock and barrel, and (b) I have proved over and over that I can do the job admirably by travelling from London, Manchester, Newcastle or Belfast for the periods that is necessary for me to be a success at the Club. So do we turn him down for that reason, or do we grab him with two open arms knowing full well that he may well do a great job for us, but be gone within a few months to pastures new?

I genuinely fear that even if we manage to convince any new Manager that the job is worth taking by our normal standards, he will be gone within a year, so if GS likes Gus to that extent as has been said, if I was offered the job at Saints I'd say sorry, stick it, you already have a person employed who has a significant say within the Club and I won't be able to do the job my way to offer you the success you crave, but don't know how to deliver.

I disliked the GM era of play. It was boring, negative and was summed up in the defeat to them along the road, at Hampden against 9 men. He might be able to do a background job in helping a new Manager who hasn't got the experience, but please not again.

So no this isn't a hate GS, or GM post, it is my opinion that as a Club we are a real 'sh*tfest', with a very amateur approach to making it better, and ultimately making us a Club that people feel warm and fuzzy about and want to be associated with. 😞

I was a bit worried that he might turn us down but going by the BBC, being given permission so quickly & Thommo saying he’s desperate to get a full time manager job, all sounds very promising. He deserves it more than anyone after what he’s done for our club in the past & the amazing job he’s done at Alloa. 
Does that include stabbing Danny Lennon in the back??? Is that the stuff you are talking about that he done for our club??? Just curious.

55 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

HOWEVER, boy do we know how to squander money as a Club! Out of this list how much has come in and how much has gone out:

9. Jimmy Nicholl (left at the end of a 6 month contract to move to the Championship with Dundee)

If their successful they leave, if their not, they go.  

43 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
I was a bit worried that he might turn us down but going by the BBC, being given permission so quickly & Thommo saying he’s desperate to get a full time manager job, all sounds very promising. He deserves it more than anyone after what he’s done for our club in the past & the amazing job he’s done at Alloa. 

Does that include stabbing Danny Lennon in the back??? Is that the stuff you are talking about that he done for our club??? Just curious.

Quite a bold statement there. Exactly what evidence do you have to back that up?

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

Assuming our Chairman and CEO must be back for abroad to do the interview with Goodwin, or will Gus be doing that as well emoji41.png

Given that they already know each other, surely the interview could be conducted by video conference, Skype or by phone. It's not essential that those "present" at the interview are actually in the same room, so it doesn't matter one bit that GLS is on holiday or away on other business.

Welcome to the 21st century.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Get Goodwin in followed by signings and all this steamy gossip will disappear to the history cupboard.  

I am sure you will find some other Twitter nonsense to keep us all amused with.

Edited by oaksoft

Given that they already know each other, surely the interview could be conducted by video conference, Skype or by phone. It's not essential that those "present" at the interview are actually in the same room, so it doesn't matter one bit that GLS is on holiday or away on other business.
You honesty think the interview wouldn't be done face to face ?

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

I'll go slightly out on a limb with this post, but it's my opinion and ………………………………………………..

Firstly I don't hold a view that GS is the world's worst Chairman, but I do seriously question his business acumen and his overall appointment and assessment of employees. As pointed out in the 'Dibbles old paperboy' post, his tenure at the Club has hardly been covered in roses. 

10 Managers in 9 years or is it 9 Managers in 10 years, it's irrelevant. The point is that as a Club we are extremely badly run from the top down..... and before you say it, I know that GS hasn't been responsible for all the 9 or 10 managerial mistakes!

SG's luck was that he managed to excite Tesco sufficiently at the turning point of supermarket expansion that a consent was available on Love St, which they could then transfer to some other suitable site in the town. Helped by the local politicians the consent was granted much against the locational and economic / planning reasons for such a consent. - That saved us probably from the ignominy of administration.

We now have a good small but pretty stadium, with a good suburban training facility which fits the Club stature and profile.

Coupled with wasted money on quite a number of player signings that have had to be written off, I suspect that the 'books' are maybe not the best of reading before you put the lights out at night.

We are a laughing stock in Scottish Football, I have no doubts about that statement, and whilst Shull will bleat at my comment, I agree with ST on how badly the Club has and is being run.

Let's just conjecture for a moment and dream that we are interviewing Jose Mourinho for the job and the point in the interview comes where the BoD's ask if he is prepared to commit to the Club to the point where he will move to the "immediate locale" of the Club to ensure that he is always around to handle the necessary day-to-day aspects of managing a football club. He says; "no, sorry I wouldn't be able to do that, as (a) you as a Club have no history of committing to a Manager long enough to make me up sticks and move lock stock and barrel, and (b) I have proved over and over that I can do the job admirably by travelling from London, Manchester, Newcastle or Belfast for the periods that is necessary for me to be a success at the Club. So do we turn him down for that reason, or do we grab him with two open arms knowing full well that he may well do a great job for us, but be gone within a few months to pastures new?

I genuinely fear that even if we manage to convince any new Manager that the job is worth taking by our normal standards, he will be gone within a year, so if GS likes Gus to that extent as has been said, if I was offered the job at Saints I'd say sorry, stick it, you already have a person employed who has a significant say within the Club and I won't be able to do the job my way to offer you the success you crave, but don't know how to deliver.

I disliked the GM era of play. It was boring, negative and was summed up in the defeat to them along the road, at Hampden against 9 men. He might be able to do a background job in helping a new Manager who hasn't got the experience, but please not again.

So no this isn't a hate GS, or GM post, it is my opinion that as a Club we are a real 'sh*tfest', with a very amateur approach to making it better, and ultimately making us a Club that people feel warm and fuzzy about and want to be associated with. 😞

Let them laugh. 

I don't care. 

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:
10 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

It's football we're talking about so it quite possibly will be face to face, but there is no reason in this day and age why it would have to be

1 minute ago, renfrew said:
9 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

Contract can be postit to Jim. 

Jim , if happy, signs it and returns to sender. 

Ready steady here we fecking go. 

I blame Jack Ross for this shitfest we should be preparing for our Europa league campaign this week taking on some wee diddy team from Malta or Gibraltar being a top seed team, he's cost us a few glamour ties against some of the big boys in the knockout stages,  can picture it now :) Josh n the boys belting out Discoland in the San Siro  and taking over the Piazza Del Duomo before the game. Its all his fault  :angry:  

Well face to face would allow Goodwin and Scott to look each other right in the eye and decide if they mean what they are saying to each other. Given the importance of the job i just feel it would need to be be face to face.